Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tour de France 2014. « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Cyrus

Hall of Famer

#15 : June 13, 2014, 02:05:11 PM

Screw them if I can't keep up I might as well exact some form of petty retribution. Bastards are getting wet anyway.

Ozymandias

Starter

#16 : June 13, 2014, 02:24:10 PM

I know just what you mean. You can only swim in summer here, so I would hit the pool on M W F in season. There was a lady who kept the same schedule, and she would outswim me three laps to my two. Even after I had been doing it for years I couldn't keep up with her. And she was around sixty years old. Crazy broad will probably live to be a hundred and twenty.

I would definitely go to an event, they're usually a lot of fun. Can't tell you what it's like in Florida but around here the atmosphere is very relaxed. Lots of people hang around until the last person finishes just to cheer them on. Of course by then they're all drunk and stoned.

it is NOT very difficult to limit access to guns
it is almost impossible to prevent someone with a mental illness from getting a gun.  

Cyrus

Hall of Famer

#17 : June 13, 2014, 02:53:35 PM

"Of course by then they're all drunk and stoned."

Self medicating, they're all traumatized after watching dad sink to the bottom from a heart attack.

Met a guy out cycling the other day still doing triathlon's at the age of 70. He was in great shape. Telling stories of doing triathlons out in CA. and the attention he'd get from the women. Friend of my kid is a lifeguard at the local YMCA she tells me the pool is filled w/ seniors that swim nearly everyday. Good swimmers too. I need to get my head screwed on straight about this swimming, it's got to be a psychological thing.

Cyrus

Hall of Famer

#18 : July 06, 2014, 01:06:32 PM

4:30 clip. You might get a laugh out of this, funny ending.

"Sh*t Cyclists Say #2"

Cyrus

Hall of Famer

#19 : July 08, 2014, 10:15:36 AM

Did a quick 40 miler this morning. "Just easy"

Anyone else keeping up w/ The Tour or am I the lone voice in the wilderness on this thing.?

Heard Chris Froome crashed today, combined w/ that wicked nasty crash he had in the Dauphine a few weeks ago, he's toast 

No way he comes back from after those two calamities.

First two stages of "The Tour" held in the Yorkshire Dales, stunningly gorgeous countryside.

Etc....

Cyrus

Hall of Famer

#20 : July 09, 2014, 05:59:40 PM

Froome crashes at the Dauphine. Then crashed yesterday, came back today on the cobblestones in the rain and crashed twice. 3 crashes in 2 days and 4 crashes in the past few weeks..
No surprise he pulled out of the Tour today. 

Dude is tough as a nails but no way the human body can deal w/ all that trauma while getting pushed to its limits everyday.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tour de France 2014. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools