Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: A good rant « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5

CalicoJack55

Hall of Famer

: June 25, 2014, 05:31:32 PM

http://www.mrctv.org/videos/heritage-foundation-panelist-radical-islam

My logo is bigger than your logo

DonkeyHunter

Hall of Famer
#1 : June 25, 2014, 08:09:18 PM

Well done ma'am, well done!

Escobar06

Hall of Famer

#2 : June 25, 2014, 09:45:47 PM

Everything she said is true, yet in America it's still more acceptable to bash Christianity. I can't even begin to imagine how bad it would be for Christians in this country if every major terrorist group was linked to us, as they are with Islam.

I wish she would have asked the woman how she feels about her vote (and testimony in court) being worth half that of a man according to the Koran.

Revis and Butt-head

Pro Bowler
#3 : June 25, 2014, 11:05:17 PM

The only difference between Christianity and Islam is that Muslims take their holy book much more seriously than Christians do.

Escobar06

Hall of Famer

#4 : June 26, 2014, 12:25:35 AM

The only difference between Christianity and Islam is that Muslims take their holy book much more seriously than Christians do.

Sadly you appear to believe that statement.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#5 : June 26, 2014, 01:08:36 AM

obviously he does not know you Escobar

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

#6 : June 26, 2014, 07:56:39 AM

unfortunately you dont

philosophy is questions that may never be answered
religion is answers that may never be questioned

Escobar06

Hall of Famer

#7 : June 27, 2014, 12:52:24 AM

unfortunately you dont

It's a literal fact that Islam and Christianity have many, many differences. But thank you for proving once again that many people who oppose Christianity do so from a very ignorant perspective.

Revis and Butt-head

Pro Bowler
#8 : June 27, 2014, 03:34:18 AM

Well lets see.  Both are misogynistic, homophobic, violent, unjust, and have a mass murderer called "god" that despite his atrocities is considered "good" just because.  They also have similar stories and characters.

I don't necessarily oppose Christians as long as they don't force their views on other people.

Escobar06

Hall of Famer

#9 : June 27, 2014, 06:00:07 AM

Well lets see.  Both are misogynistic, homophobic, violent, unjust, and have a mass murderer called "god" that despite his atrocities is considered "good" just because.  They also have similar stories and characters.

I don't necessarily oppose Christians as long as they don't force their views on other people.

Good little liberal, you have fallen in line nicely. Your god Obama would be very proud, just picture him smiling as he pats you on the head, awww, feel better now? It's clear you have decided to follow man's laws over God's laws. Good luck with that. Just know that hating your God won't make him go away, or save you from the fate you're heading towards if you continue to hold on to this view. I promise you that when you die it won't be Obama you answer to, or any of your fellow atheists.

You don't like Christians "forcing" their views on you (I'm sure that happens so much), yet it's okay to make the comments you just did? Gotta love "progressives", as I've said many times liberals are the most intolerant group of hypocrites the world has ever seen.
: June 27, 2014, 06:08:25 AM Escobar06

Revis and Butt-head

Pro Bowler
#10 : June 27, 2014, 10:17:14 AM

Good little liberal, you have fallen in line nicely. Your god Obama would be very proud, just picture him smiling as he pats you on the head, awww, feel better now? It's clear you have decided to follow man's laws over God's laws. Good luck with that. Just know that hating your God won't make him go away, or save you from the fate you're heading towards if you continue to hold on to this view. I promise you that when you die it won't be Obama you answer to, or any of your fellow atheists.

You don't like Christians "forcing" their views on you (I'm sure that happens so much), yet it's okay to make the comments you just did? Gotta love "progressives", as I've said many times liberals are the most intolerant group of hypocrites the world has ever seen.

So you don't offer a rebuttal but instead assume that I am a liberal because I don't believe in your god.  I am actually more libertarian than liberal and no Obama is not my god nor do I think he has done a good job in office.   Do you just assume all atheists have the same political beliefs?  How very ignorant of you.

beardmcdoug

Pro Bowler

#11 : June 27, 2014, 12:37:42 PM

yeah, I'm sorry this in no way refutes what he just said

spartan

Hall of Famer
#12 : June 27, 2014, 03:06:08 PM

So you don't offer a rebuttal but instead assume that I am a liberal because I don't believe in your god.  I am actually more libertarian than liberal and no Obama is not my god nor do I think he has done a good job in office.   Do you just assume all atheists have the same political beliefs?  How very ignorant of you.

He does have a point though. Christians are not allowed to "impose" their views on other people, but you are?

Revis and Butt-head

Pro Bowler
#13 : June 27, 2014, 06:34:45 PM

He does have a point though. Christians are not allowed to "impose" their views on other people, but you are?

Explain to me how me stating an opinion is imposing my view on Christians? 

Escobar06

Hall of Famer

#14 : June 27, 2014, 09:46:03 PM

No, I assume atheists are fools lead by their own ego than anything else. Typically that's correct, and I believe it is in this case as well.

What rebuttal are you looking for? You single out my post, attack Christianity, and believe you're owed some kind of explanation as to why God does the things that he does? I don't owe you anything, neither does God. The information you need to come to a logical conclusion exists, you've decided to twist it into something evil. This means that any kind of response I give you will also be twisted into something evil, yet you thought I was stupid enough to play your little game? Atheists do this all the time, they seek out Christian topics and then complain about them. If you don't believe God exists, why do you spend any amount of time on this topic? The answer is because you know God does exist, you just hate him. You hate the idea of having to be held accountable for the things you do and say. God will judge you so in return you judge God, that's how you "get even".

Satan is toying with you, and one day you'll regret letting him get away with it. Except that day won't be a day at all, it will be eternity, and you'll have only yourself to blame. God knows everything that has ever happened or will happen, if you change your morning routine by leaving for work 5 minutes later than usual, God knows the domino effect that will have down to the last detail. The point is that, given any situation, God knows every single thing about that situation, you know very little, or nothing, about it. So what it really boils down to is you don't like not knowing everything. If you don't understand why Pharaoh's son was killed, or why God destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah, or sent a great flood, then to you it's evil. You want to have the knowledge that only God has, and because you don't, you reject him. I'm 100 percent confident that every single thing God does is done perfectly, and for good reason. I'm not foolish enough to judge God simply because I don't understand, I CAN'T understand, why something happened.

Like I said, it comes down to ego. God doesn't run his plans by you first, so you just won't have any of it. If that's how you want to go about things, have at it, but you will regret that decision one day.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: A good rant « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools