Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: A good rant « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5

Revis and Butt-head

Pro Bowler
#60 : July 03, 2014, 08:00:52 PM

Critter, I was speaking about the Bible in particular, not Christians.

Runole

Hall of Famer
#61 : July 03, 2014, 08:18:55 PM

Critter, I was speaking about the Bible in particular, not Christians.

There are many things in the bible" Old Testament"  that have little importance or relevance to Christians today.  The same can't be said for about  a rather large group of militant terrorist Muslims today as the OP pointed out.

In my lifetime I have attended Catholic, Episcopal, Methodist ,Southern Baptist, Presbyterian and even a few Born Again Christian gatherings.

Never once have I heard comments that you suggest strongly characterize those Christian faiths. Just curious how often have you attended any Christian Church service?

beardmcdoug

Pro Bowler

#62 : July 06, 2014, 02:07:02 AM

Instead, a historical review of the source being presented to us as a moral authority seemed in order. Is this the level of morality we aspire to? I think not.

I don't disagree, simply because there have been many (far too many) that have bastardized religion to justify their own actions.  Unfortunately that won't change, and neither will the admittedly non-religious from being pieces of crap.

Obviously you expected me to make some sort of defense of mankind's morals when left to his own devices, but any such attempt would be thoroughly subjective.

Since that was the gist of your statement, yes that is what was expected.  The subjectivity of your answer wouldn't have been a problem.  Your ability to give a thorough answer would have been the problem - and I believe that's why you were smart enough to not attempt to do so.

And I suppose that's my point.  People, in general, suck.

that's the point he already made...

you just wasted your time

Ozymandias

Starter

#63 : July 06, 2014, 09:11:14 AM

If the current state is not always found insufficient there would be no forward momentum.

it is NOT very difficult to limit access to guns
it is almost impossible to prevent someone with a mental illness from getting a gun.  
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: A good rant « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools