Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The new Orlando Magic... « previous next »
Page: 1

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

: June 30, 2014, 09:20:07 PM

are gonna be all about DEFENSE. Something we've never really seen from them in the past, at least as a team. That kinda ran me off as a fan. Saw glimpses of Oladipo and Harkness last season; some serious quicks to both of them. Now adding more quickness and competitiveness with Payton and Gordon, the future is looking bright. They are gonna be FUN to watch!!

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#1 : June 30, 2014, 10:48:32 PM

They were morons.  Jameer was never good enough.  Nelson ruined the chemistry when he decided to come back in the finals.  Dude was awful.

Then Otis broke up the team.  Horrible MGMT.

Escobar06

Hall of Famer

#2 : July 01, 2014, 08:58:25 AM

I'd take Jameer in his prime over many PG's playing today in their prime. He's not going to carry a team to a championship but he's more than capable of being a starter on a team that does win a championship. Darren Collison is a free agent I believe, I wouldn't be surprised to see Jameer land with the Clippers as Pauls backup.

spartan

Hall of Famer
#3 : July 01, 2014, 02:18:29 PM

I loved the heart and hustle team. Went to more games that year than any other. If they can replicate that to some degree I might start going back. Even when they got to the conference and NBA finals with Dwight Howard they seemed like another bunch of prima donnas.

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#4 : July 01, 2014, 02:56:01 PM

I was glad to see them trade Howard. Getting Vucevic made it work for me. Nelson is still a decent enough although erratic PG, but not effective on D. If your PG isn't disruptive defensively, the team D just crumbles...
Payton looks like a good one!
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The new Orlando Magic... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools