Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Carolina interested in Carr... « previous next »
Page: 1 2

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#15 : March 24, 2007, 12:45:45 AM

wait, tell me again why this would make the Bucs regret the QB moves?

Well, if Carr somehow won the starter job and was very successfull, then we'd look pretty silly for wasting all that time on Plummer, especially if he never shows up.  Lot of "if"s there, though

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#16 : March 24, 2007, 12:46:44 AM

Carr should beat out Delhomme.

I should beat out DB as well.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#17 : March 24, 2007, 06:22:18 AM

Maybe but I'll take Delhomme over Carr. At least Delhomme has won something. Carr going to Carolina doesn't scare me that our division competitor is getting him.

Did you think the same thing when Green Bay signed Favre?
Garcia and Plummer are short term solutions at best. Carr could conceivebly haunt us for the next decade along with Drew Brees. Vick, not so much.
In the meantime, the Bucs' QB of the future likely isn't even on the roster yet.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#18 : March 24, 2007, 09:06:36 AM

Well, if Carr somehow won the starter job and was very successfull, then we'd look pretty silly for wasting all that time on Plummer, especially if he never shows up.  Lot of "if"s there, though

so with that logic any move not made by the Bucs for any FA who then goes to another team and plays well is going to make the Bucs regret something.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#19 : March 24, 2007, 11:33:36 AM

Well, if Carr somehow won the starter job and was very successfull, then we'd look pretty silly for wasting all that time on Plummer, especially if he never shows up. Lot of "if"s there, though

so with that logic any move not made by the Bucs for any FA who then goes to another team and plays well is going to make the Bucs regret something.

Yep.  Woulda coulda shoulda

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#20 : March 24, 2007, 11:51:54 AM

Well, if Carr somehow won the starter job and was very successfull, then we'd look pretty silly for wasting all that time on Plummer, especially if he never shows up. Lot of "if"s there, though

Plummer and Garcia are logical choices for the short term. Carr is the ONLY one of the three who could be a long term solution for any team. Fox is a great coach and the Panthers are a much better fit for Carr. Tom Brady would have struggled in Houston, Rothlesburger too. Carr could be a steal for the right team like Favre was for the Packers. I remember clearly our losses to Favre. I don't want flashbacks of Favre with Carr and the Panthers. Carr is free to sign a new deal with any team he wants. Since we are out of the running, I hope he ends up in the other conference or at least out of our division.

I thought McCardell for Larry Johnson was a logical trade. We could have had Carr for little or nothing and cut him if he didn't show promise. We are left with a huge ? at the most important position on the team. I would love to see someone step up and seize the job so there was no question. Beyond Garcia and this season, I don't see that happening. McCown is the only candidate we have never seen. My guess is we never will, at least as a Buccaneer.

I support Gruden and Allen, but this is another move that I disagree with.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Carolina interested in Carr... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools