Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BucsDraft Room-Expect the Unexpected « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

dm4bucs

Starter
: March 23, 2007, 10:55:49 PM

I really wanted manny lawson and i really wanted Richard marshall, but carolina took him 1 pick before us.

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

#1 : March 23, 2007, 10:32:36 PM

There has been a ton of Spectulation on whom the Bucs should/will pick. The one thing that keeps me thinking is that over the past 3 years have any of us really been able to predict who the Bucs would select? No.

3 years ago no one had even mentioned the name Michael Clayton in regards to the Bucs taking him.

2 years ago everyone was on the Mike Williams bandwagon.

Last year can anyone honestly say they saw the Bucs taking Davin Joseph in the 1st round? Everyone and I mean everyone had Joseph as a possible 2nd round selection.

So what does that mean to us this year. Thing would be so much easier if Calvin Johnson or Joe Thomas were still on the board at #4. If they aren't then that means that one of the top 2 QB, Adrian Peterson or the top defensive prospect will still be on the board.

Who would be the unexpected pick this year? LaRon Landry, Alan Branch, Amobi Okoye? As much as some people here would be upset with the selection I'd have to say Brady Quinn could be the surprise selection. If Quinn were to get the call then you would have to say that Chris Simms would be traded at some point during the Draft. 

Who would be your surprise pick?

Nature

Rookie

#2 : March 23, 2007, 10:40:35 PM

2 years ago I was all over Ronnie Brown. I wanted Bucs to get Brown or Caddillac or Alex Smith. The surprise thing would be to take Okoye. 10 sacks in 4 years=4th overall,thats pretty crazy

#3 : March 23, 2007, 10:43:23 PM

Actually the argument was similar to this year:  Older wiser posters were leaning towards a RB, and younger highlight reel jockeys wanted BMW.............Talk about déjà vu

#4 : March 23, 2007, 10:43:54 PM

Incorrect. Cadillac Williams was the consensus pick, and we selected him, exactly as expected.

Nature

Rookie

#5 : March 23, 2007, 10:52:30 PM

I wanted Manny Lawson last year,but San Fran traded up right before we went.

4bucs

Hall of Famer
#6 : March 23, 2007, 11:02:06 PM

I WANTED LAWSON TOO....WAS STUNNED AT JOSEPH BUT HOPEFULLY HES A STUD THIS YEAR.

#7 : March 23, 2007, 11:03:11 PM

I WANTED LAWSON TOO....WAS STUNNED AT JOSEPH BUT HOPEFULLY HES A STUD THIS YEAR.

Weren't we all ?

dm4bucs

Starter
#8 : March 23, 2007, 11:06:56 PM

I was very surprised by Joseph also especially when we had buenning already and to take a guard that high was a little crazy, but then buenning got hurt and it was actually good we had a talented guard atleast on one side while mahan tried to hold up on the other side. 

Nature

Rookie

#9 : March 23, 2007, 11:07:24 PM

Last year this is what I wanted
1. Manny Lawson/ Howard Thomas
2. Marcus McNeil LT
If the draft would have went like that all we would need is CJ at 1 and at 2a. Joe Staley 3rd round Manuel Ramirez Guard

Nature

Rookie

#10 : March 23, 2007, 11:08:10 PM

Joesph did have 2 things that stood out from all guards,was his long arms  and mean streak. Gruden foams at the mouth like players like him.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#11 : March 23, 2007, 11:14:30 PM

I wanted Mangold last year.   I never wanted Mike Williams over Caddy.  I thought Caddy was the pick there since we needed a running back (although I was kind of hoping they'd take Derrick Johnson that year).   However, the year we took Clayton I was thinking we'd go with Steven Jackson.   So that shows how much I know.   Basically nothing.  

Nature

Rookie

#12 : March 23, 2007, 11:16:40 PM

Mangold went in the first round I believe.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#13 : March 23, 2007, 11:21:22 PM

Mangold went in the first round I believe.

True, but he was picked after we picked.

Nature

Rookie

#14 : March 23, 2007, 11:25:15 PM

The Jets went
D'Brickshaw Ferguson and Nick Mangold maybe Tampa bits this year?
Joe Thomas and Ryan Kalil?
I dunno,if we got the same type of personnal.

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BucsDraft Room-Expect the Unexpected « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools