Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BucsDraft Room-Expect the Unexpected « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

#30 : March 24, 2007, 01:19:48 AM

I'd end myself if Nelson was anywhere near the top of our board, or any safety for that matter.

stereochemistry

Pro Bowler

#31 : March 24, 2007, 10:33:32 AM

I WANTED LAWSON TOO....WAS STUNNED AT JOSEPH BUT HOPEFULLY HES A STUD THIS YEAR.

Weren't we all ?

Not THAT much; Pewter Report was saying not to be surprised by a Guard, just didn't know between Joseph and Deuce.

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#32 : March 24, 2007, 10:37:17 AM

Surprise pick would be Carriker.

Nature

Rookie

#33 : March 24, 2007, 10:40:15 AM

If any saftey Laron Landry at 4

dm4bucs

Starter
#34 : March 24, 2007, 10:42:20 AM

Surprise pick would be Carriker.

I agree i really see with all the fuss over okoye that Gruden did over the senior bowl that carriker might be the real guy they are aiming for given monte's background with nebraska(of course this is only if JT/CJ are gone).  Plus the bucs pick guys that are versatile which isn't always great look at jenkins over anderson last year.

original

Pro Bowler

#35 : March 24, 2007, 10:45:27 AM

The Jets went
D'Brickshaw Ferguson and Nick Mangold maybe Tampa bits this year?
Joe Thomas and Ryan Kalil?
I dunno,if we got the same type of personnal.

That Draft is what we need and it helped the Jets make the playoffs, so it would work for us.    Joe Thomas and Kalil would solidify our line and then turn the rest of the draft to defense, defense , defense.  

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#36 : March 24, 2007, 10:50:54 AM

The Jets went

That Draft is what we need and it helped the Jets make the playoffs, so it would work for us.    Joe Thomas and Kalil would solidify our line and then turn the rest of the draft to defense, defense , defense. 
That would be a satisfactory draft.

But I think you have to try and grab at least one QUALITY wide receiver, which is relatively easy to do in 07 draft.

original

Pro Bowler

#37 : March 24, 2007, 10:54:22 AM

Good point Boid, but I have a feeling that we might find a quality WR in the post draft FA.

Nature

Rookie

#38 : March 24, 2007, 10:59:33 AM

Um the Jets had the 25h ranked offense,though

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#39 : March 24, 2007, 11:12:48 AM

The Jets went

That Draft is what we need and it helped the Jets make the playoffs, so it would work for us.    Joe Thomas and Kalil would solidify our line and then turn the rest of the draft to defense, defense , defense. 
Prior to 2006, the Jets hadn't used a 1st day pick on offensive line since 2001. The Bucs already have 3 in the last 2 years. It would be ludicrous for the Bucs to have 5 1st day offensive linemen in 3 years and keep neglecting the defense as they have. Barrett Ruud is the only 1st day defensive player of the last 8 drafts still on the roster.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#40 : March 24, 2007, 11:21:04 AM

The Jets went

That Draft is what we need and it helped the Jets make the playoffs, so it would work for us. Joe Thomas and Kalil would solidify our line and then turn the rest of the draft to defense, defense , defense.
Prior to 2006, the Jets hadn't used a 1st day pick on offensive line since 2001. The Bucs already have 3 in the last 2 years. It would be ludicrous for the Bucs to have 5 1st day offensive linemen in 3 years and keep neglecting the defense as they have. Barrett Ruud is the only 1st day defensive player of the last 8 drafts still on the roster.
That is why it is most likely that the Bucs go defense in round 2, because if either of the Tier 1 guys are there (JT/CJ), the Bucs will scoop one of them up.

LVBUC

Practice Squad

#41 : March 24, 2007, 11:21:39 AM

I wanted Lawson last year also, but as it turn out last year Joseph had a better season than Lawson.

Bucko40

Hall of Famer
#42 : March 24, 2007, 02:56:20 PM

2 years ago I was all over Ronnie Brown. I wanted Bucs to get Brown or Caddillac or Alex Smith. The surprise thing would be to take Okoye. 10 sacks in 4 years=4th overall,thats pretty crazy

But he has loads of potential.  ;) ;).  We have all lived the the ugly potential years. Do we really want to revisit those times again. Gaines Adams is the Defensive pick if you ask me.

Bucko40

Hall of Famer
#43 : March 24, 2007, 03:00:08 PM

2 years ago everyone was on the Mike Williams bandwagon.

Actually the argument was similar to this year: Older wiser posters were leaning towards a RB, and younger highlight reel jockeys wanted BMW.............Talk about d骠 vu

Difference is that CJ has the speed to back up the play. Mike Williams speed was lacking although he had the size everyone liked. That is why the Bucs passed on him. The Bucs did kind of use Mike Williams. Everyone was so sure that we wanted BMW. Ultimately the Bucs really wanted a Cadillac, not a BMW.

Bucko40

Hall of Famer
#44 : March 24, 2007, 03:09:41 PM

2 years ago everyone was on the Mike Williams bandwagon.

Incorrect. Cadillac Williams was the consensus pick, and we selected him, exactly as expected.

Not sure where you were but Caddilac was second behind Mike Williams on the majority of most Mock draft boards as the Bucs pick. None had him slipping past the Bucs at 5. All the Sports Animal jocks were all over BMW that year. I was at the Draft party at Ray Jay. There was a handful of fans that cheered when Caddilac was announced as the Bucs pick was announced. Steve Duemig was visable upset.

I was quoted that day at the draft party.

Buccaneer fans had clearly been waiting for such an event, as evidenced by the line of party-goers waiting to enter the stadium before the 11:30 a.m. start time. Randy , a 12-year Bucs fan from Valrico, was the first in the party line at 7:30 that morning.

“I expected a big turnout,” Randy said. “Turns out I could have gotten here at 9:30. That’s when the second person showed up.”

Pogue was simply looking forward to hanging out at the stadium and watching the draft on the club’s video walls and many television screens. His Draft-Day hopes came true when the Buccaneers selected Carnell “Cadillac” Williams with their number five pick. Many others in the club agreed with the Bucs’ selection as cheers erupted when the announcement of the pick was made.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BucsDraft Room-Expect the Unexpected « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools