Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BucsDraft Room-Expect the Unexpected « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

#45 : March 24, 2007, 03:40:23 PM

I wanted Manny Lawson last year,but San Fran traded up right before we went.

You and me both. Damn 49ers. The Davin Joseph pick was geeted with a bunch of "WHO". I still wonder if the Bucs wanted Jonathan Joseph but sent up the wrong card.

#46 : March 24, 2007, 03:41:19 PM

if johnson is off the board we have to take Gaines Adams

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

#47 : March 24, 2007, 03:48:28 PM

Last year this is what I wanted
1. Manny Lawson/ Howard Thomas
2. Marcus McNeil LT
If the draft would have went like that all we would need is CJ at 1 and at 2a. Joe Staley 3rd round Manuel Ramirez Guard

Funny thing about last year was we could have taken Marcus McNeil in the first and Davin Joseph might have been there in the second. There were only 2 guards taken after our first round selection, so you never know.

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

#48 : March 24, 2007, 03:55:31 PM

My suprise pick would be Alan Branch.

Some are down on this guy but he would sure help the Bucs DL against the run. Larry Coyer coaching the DL this should help this guy. Branch wouldn't be a popular pick but he's be a solid pick for the Defense.

Nature

Rookie

#49 : March 24, 2007, 04:53:18 PM

2 years ago I was all over Ronnie Brown. I wanted Bucs to get Brown or Caddillac or Alex Smith. The surprise thing would be to take Okoye. 10 sacks in 4 years=4th overall,thats pretty crazy

But he has loads of potential.  ;) ;).  We have all lived the the ugly potential years. Do we really want to revisit those times again. Gaines Adams is the Defensive pick if you ask me.
I agree I would take Gaines Adams. Okoye does carry that potential but too much. I just don't want to invest in a guy like him at 4 overall.

Nature

Rookie

#50 : March 24, 2007, 04:57:24 PM

I wanted Manny Lawson last year,but San Fran traded up right before we went.

You and me both. Damn 49ers. The Davin Joseph pick was geeted with a bunch of "WHO". I still wonder if the Bucs wanted Jonathan Joseph but sent up the wrong card.
Hell yeah man,when the Bucs picked it said "Davin Joseph Guard Oklahoma" I was like Who? WTF
So me,I go to the scout magazine and that breakdowns each player by rankings by position. He was rated like the 3rd best guard in the draft,im like omg wtf is gruden doing. I was pissed the whole day because we did not pick Thomas Howard LB from UTEP.

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#51 : March 24, 2007, 05:53:19 PM

Bet is, we won't have a clue until the player selected.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

#52 : March 25, 2007, 07:43:14 PM

Not THAT much; Pewter Report was saying not to be surprised by a Guard, just didn't know between Joseph and Deuce.

The thing is the PR was forecasting that pick in the second round, not the first.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BucsDraft Room-Expect the Unexpected « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools