Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: UF Football vs. Basketball « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

#30 : April 01, 2007, 01:26:57 AM

He's not the greatest coach in basketball, and Meyer is far from it. Take off your shades, please. More so on MEyer, at least Donovan is a really good coach, Meyer hasn't been at one program long enough to set his legacy yet.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#31 : April 01, 2007, 01:33:10 AM

In his 2nd year he got a NC.

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#32 : April 01, 2007, 10:41:19 AM

No, he's not. Coach K not only has 3 NCAAC but this is the first time in a decade he hasn't reached at least the S16, Donovan can't hold his jock for now.

you're an idiot. can't hold his jock? ya... WHEN UF beats OSU's ass AGAIN... he'll be 1 championship less than the great coach K... but you're right again, he can't hold his jock.

do you actually watch sports or just listen to what the idiot callers on sports radio say and regurgitate it?
LOL You're kidding right? Let's see Donny boy go a decade getting into at least the round of 16 before we act like he's hot crap. He's very good, best in country, no? Oh and I don't even listen to sports radio nor do I watch ESPN other than the games, thanks for playing anyhow.

who gives a crap if you make it to the sweet 16 if you aint winnin. i seriously dont. just like i dont care about the bucs gettin into the playoffs if they're just gonna lose in the first round.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#33 : April 01, 2007, 05:22:25 PM

He's not the greatest coach in basketball, and Meyer is far from it. Take off your shades, please. More so on MEyer, at least Donovan is a really good coach, Meyer hasn't been at one program long enough to set his legacy yet.
There a definitely a handful of coaches better than Donovan but who other than Pete Carroll is better than Meyer?

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

#34 : April 01, 2007, 05:26:52 PM

There a definitely a handful of coaches better than Donovan but who other than Pete Carroll is better than Meyer?
Tressel? Stoops?

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#35 : April 01, 2007, 05:44:32 PM

Tressel? Stoops?
They both have the same number of national championships yet head-to-head Meyer coached the pants off of Tressel as a heavy underdog and Stoops' image has been sliding the last few years (3 straight BCS bowl losses).

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

NativeOfTheBay

Second String

#36 : April 03, 2007, 11:06:52 AM

:o
Ok now i ask the question again.. Whos best? Bball or Football?

Groovatron

Pro Bowler

#37 : April 03, 2007, 01:51:21 PM

I would have to say Bball. They have a lot of talent and play so selflessly. Like a previous poster mentioned the football team, although talented, still needed to catch some lucky breaks.

Snook

Hall of Famer

#38 : April 03, 2007, 02:27:19 PM

I would have to say Bball. They have a lot of talent and play so selflessly. Like a previous poster mentioned the football team, although talented, still needed to catch some lucky breaks.

Yeah, but in the stupid football system thats in place, you have to catch lucky breaks in order to win.

I'd give the slight edge to the football program.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#39 : April 03, 2007, 07:20:03 PM

UF basketball has been better the last 2 years than Football.

UF is still a football school.  I don't know if Basketball will ever surpass football as far as passion from fans goes, but I do know that basketball has become more and more embraced by fans over the last 10 years.  Football is still #1 but basketball has become 1a.  It will never be what it is at non-football schools like Duke, UK and some others, but there is room for it certainly in Gainesville.  There are actually people outside games scalping tickets, unheard of not long ago.  People in Gainesville will always be passionate about Football first, but more and more fans are starting to become passionate for all the other sports as well. I think people are realizing that UF not only has a great football program, but UF athletics as a whole is GREAT.  Not long ago I saw people camping for a SWIM meet.  Just 2 years ago the baseball team was in the CWS final.  Gymnastics I believe is #1 right now.  Of course these sports will never be as popular, but it is amazing to have a program that is great in the 2 most popular sprots and competitive in so many others.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#40 : April 03, 2007, 09:01:33 PM

2 other things that make UF athletics great:

UF's football team was #1 out of all 56 bowl teams with a 80% graduation rate.

The basketball team had 100%.

Groovatron

Pro Bowler

#41 : April 04, 2007, 10:20:22 AM

I wonder if any FSU fans--no one in particular, I'm not calling anyone out---will admit that UF has accomplished more in college athletics?

#42 : May 31, 2007, 04:10:27 PM

Wishful thinking by UK fans. They realize we have the best college basketball coach in the country.
Do you now?

Funny how those UF coaches leave when money talks.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#43 : May 31, 2007, 04:32:02 PM

not anymore.  UF should hire anthony grant.  or anyone to keep the recruits.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Groovatron

Pro Bowler

#44 : May 31, 2007, 04:52:13 PM

I agree with you, GameTime. I hope the Gators don't lose their recruits. From the reports I read they had a good class coming in next year.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: UF Football vs. Basketball « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools