Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Buccs did NOT offer Simms a deal « previous next »
Page: 1 2

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

: October 23, 2006, 08:28:29 AM

Sileo had dinner with Bruce Allen on Friday and he asked him about the Chris Simms deal reported in the St Pete Times.  Allen denied the Buccs made Simms any offer and there was never a deal with $10 million of guaranteed money.

Either Simms is lying OR more than likely the St Pete Times is making stuff up.  Which ever it is, the fact that Bruce Allen went public like that is another nail in his Tampabay career IMO.

SR/JF - Have you had a chance to confirm the story in the Times?  I would actually like it to be true then I could phone up and call Sileo out.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#1 : October 23, 2006, 08:34:29 AM

I'm sorry, but I don't believe anything Sileo says.    I'm not saying what you are reporting isn't accurate, but Sileo is a piss poor source.   If Allen came on the radio himself and said that, I'd believe it.   But second hand from Sileo?   Nope.

#2 : October 23, 2006, 08:35:05 AM

Let's face it....you never know WHO is truthing or isn't.  Only the participants involved know the real deal.  GM's and coaches tell you ONLY what they want you to hear.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#3 : October 23, 2006, 08:35:50 AM

Since when did we start believing that guy....when it suits your argument???

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#4 : October 23, 2006, 08:38:23 AM

I'm sorry, but I don't believe anything Sileo says.    I'm not saying what you are reporting isn't accurate, but Sileo is a piss poor source.   If Allen came on the radio himself and said that, I'd believe it.   But second hand from Sileo?   Nope.

I don't like Sileo but do you really think he would gone on air and miss-quote someone that he went out for dinner with.  Usually when people talk to the media in those surroundings they will tell the reporter it is off the record if it is private.  Allen obviously told Sileo and gave him the go ahead to use that information.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#5 : October 23, 2006, 08:40:44 AM

Since when did we start believing that guy....when it suits your argument???

All the local media is suspect, and the Times and Trib have had so many bullsh1t stories that they are hardly credible either.  Sileo does have a lot of people on his show including Allen, so I doubt he would burn bridges by lying. 

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#6 : October 23, 2006, 08:41:16 AM

Maybe he didn't go out to dinner with him????

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#7 : October 23, 2006, 08:44:10 AM

Of course Allen will deny it and lie.  If he admits he was about to give that much guaranteed money to Simms it would be a PR night mare. 

#8 : October 23, 2006, 08:46:20 AM

Oh indeed Silly-Hole is credible....NOT!  This whole thing borders on politics, but we are not allowed to discuss politics in the forums.

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#9 : October 23, 2006, 08:47:56 AM

Didn't Simms confirm the Times' story, and was even quoted in it??

Sileo is a clown. He has lied on the air in the past.

Don't know if he is lying again, but I wouldn't put it past him.

MJS, why do you still listen to Sileo?? Wouldn't you prefer to have someone  (ANYONE) else take over his time slot??

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM
 \"The bet is off now.\"12/10 1:24 PM

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#10 : October 23, 2006, 08:48:47 AM

I don't like Sileo but do you really think he would gone on air and miss-quote someone that he went out for dinner with.  Usually when people talk to the media in those surroundings they will tell the reporter it is off the record if it is private.  Allen obviously told Sileo and gave him the go ahead to use that information.

I disagree.   Both Sileo and Big Dog have reported false "insider" news in the past.   I don't believe anything either one of them says.   But I will listen to the callers and guests.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#11 : October 23, 2006, 09:20:33 AM

Of course Allen will deny it and lie.  If he admits he was about to give that much guaranteed money to Simms it would be a PR night mare. 

I completely disagree. That was paltry starting QB money. All Bruce would have had to say is that "I can't confirm any numbers, but we did work out several contract offers for Chris".

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#12 : October 23, 2006, 09:33:30 AM

I completely disagree. That was paltry starting QB money. All Bruce would have had to say is that "I can't confirm any numbers, but we did work out several contract offers for Chris".

Paltry starting QB money yes but he was set to offer him some guaranteed money.  You saw the reaction of many Bucs fans when the Bucs gave "so much" guaranteed money to Garner, Steussie, Stinchcomb and Deese.

Allen understands public relations and how it could have a backlash (especially when talking about Bucs fans).

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#13 : October 23, 2006, 09:39:03 AM

What do your inside sources have to say about this?

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#14 : October 23, 2006, 09:44:11 AM

Allen is playing both sides of the fence.

Had Simms played well he would have probably acknowledged the report that he offered Simms the money. Becuase if he denied it people would accuse him of not trying to lock up a young QB like Simms.

Since Simms played poorly in his first two games and is injured of course he will deny it.  If he confirmed it people would rip him for trying to give money to Simms.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Buccs did NOT offer Simms a deal « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools