Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Buccs did NOT offer Simms a deal « previous next »
Page: 1 2

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#15 : October 23, 2006, 09:46:19 AM

MJS, why do you still listen to Sileo?? Wouldn't you prefer to have someone  (ANYONE) else take over his time slot??

I listen because it is local sports radio.  I don't like Sileo but he does have some decent guests on.  Bruce Allen is a regular guest and Sileo seems to know him pretty well.   I doubt he would lie about a conversation with someone that is a friend and more importantly a regular inside guest.  

I would put about as much weight behind what Sileo said as the Times.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#16 : October 23, 2006, 10:13:43 AM

What do your inside sources have to say about this?

I have nothing at all on it from inside the Bucs. After I heard the alleged numbers involved I did speak to a contact in the personnel department with another team (AFC). After leaving him about three messages he finally called me back. He said that if the numbers were correct it sounded to him like Allen was basically putting the Bucs in a no-lose situation regarding the cap impact of such a contract. He simply referred to it as a "lowball" offer for a QB that no one in Simms position would likely take, saying it sounded like a move designed to placate an agent who wasn't happy with a tender offer and wanted a long-term deal to present his client.

He said if Simms has made the mistake of taking the deal, it would have been a win for the Bucs because with such a low contract and low-end signing bonus, Simms would either work out and be a big bargain for years, or he would have been very tradeable if the Bucs went with a different guy at QB.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#17 : October 23, 2006, 10:16:52 AM

What do your inside sources have to say about this?

I have nothing at all on it from inside the Bucs. After I heard the alleged numbers involved I did speak to a contact in the personnel department with another team (AFC). After leaving him about three messages he finally called me back. He said that if the numbers were correct it sounded to him like Allen was basically putting the Bucs in a no-lose situation regarding the cap impact of such a contract. He simply referred to it as a "lowball" offer for a QB that no one in Simms position would likely take, saying it sounded like a move designed to placate an agent who wasn't happy with a tender offer and wanted a long-term deal to present his client.

He said if Simms has made the mistake of taking the deal, it would have been a win for the Bucs because with such a low contract and low-end signing bonus, Simms would either work out and be a big bargain for years, or he would have been very tradeable if the Bucs went with a different guy at QB.
So your "contact" told you everything you could have read on this message board almost word for word??

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#18 : October 23, 2006, 10:19:57 AM

So your "contact" told you everything you could have read on this message board almost word for word??

Yes, except my contact works in an NFL front office. Very unlikely that any of the posters on this board do, therefore he offers a more informed opinion that I find quite useful.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#19 : October 23, 2006, 10:23:43 AM

Yes, except my contact works in an NFL front office. Very unlikely that any of the posters on this board do, therefore he offers a more informed opinion that I find quite useful.
If you really do have a contact, and he really does work in an NFL front office..........then maybe.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#20 : October 23, 2006, 10:28:56 AM

If you really do have a contact, and he really does work in an NFL front office..........then maybe.

You asked for the information, I provided it. Whether you buy it or not doesn't change the facts, nor does it really matter to me. It's all good.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Buccs did NOT offer Simms a deal « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools