Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Report: Lions will take Calvin Johnson with the 2nd overall pick « previous next »
Page: 1 2

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#15 : March 24, 2007, 10:51:38 PM

This is smokescreening at its most blatant.

An oxymoron?  If's it's so obvious, then what's the point, really?

BucLord

Starter

#16 : March 25, 2007, 01:06:39 AM

http://buccaneers.aolsportsblog.com/2007/03/24/report-lions-would-take-calvin-johnson-no-2-overall/

Tom Kowalski, the Lions beat writer for Michigan Live, says that although Lions president Matt Millen wants to trade down, he'll stay put and take wide receiver Calvin Johnson if he doesn't get a trade offer he likes.

The Lions dont have the #1 pick

Nothing to see here folks... move along

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Marcia, Marcia, Marcia

It's always about Marcia

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#17 : March 25, 2007, 10:24:12 AM

Smokescreen, pure and simple. If Millen is smart, this is the right time to take a QB.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#18 : March 25, 2007, 12:44:16 PM

It is Millen folks.

And they have Martz whispering sweet offense into his ear.  Millen is having visions of "The Greatest Show on Turf II" dancing in his thick skull.

It would not suprise me.  Furrey I envision as more of a #3 type wideout.  Add Calvin to the #2 mix, and suddenly, that Lion offense does look pretty nasty on paper.

But then again, so does the Cardinals offense.  But the difference is, Martz KNOWS how to run an offense.

#19 : March 25, 2007, 12:56:19 PM

I don't see it... plus, Martz will probably be gone soon.

whobdis

Pro Bowler

#20 : March 25, 2007, 01:22:04 PM

For the next 5 weeks I will no believe anything another team says There will be so many smokescreens out there. No team will want to show thier cards.

LVBUC..your right on the money. Any info coming from the teams at this point is probably BS...and there will
probably be plenty of 'leaked' info.

sma2680

Practice Squad

#21 : March 25, 2007, 02:11:15 PM

This is just puffing to stir up more interest in a trade.

BucLord

Starter

#22 : March 25, 2007, 02:28:16 PM

Calvin Johnson will be the 1st player selected. Someone wanna tell the Lions they dont have the #1 pick in the Draft, Either the Raiders or some team that trades up to #1 will take CJ

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Marcia, Marcia, Marcia

It's always about Marcia

Bucko40

Hall of Famer
#23 : March 25, 2007, 07:26:21 PM

Just say no to trading up and giving awat picks. The only way I'd like to see a trade up with Detroit is a swap of 1st round selections and a player. Period. Not going to happen but heck anything can happen.

nflinsider

Starter

#24 : March 26, 2007, 10:30:03 AM

I looks to me like CJ will be long gone when the BUCS pick a #4. If Oakland doesnt select him with the 1st pick, than I expect someone to trade up with Detroit. This guy is as close to a lock as there is. I just dont see 3 other teams passing on the guy just about everyone sees as the best player in the draft. I wonder what it would take for the BUCS to trade picks with the Lions?

BucsnNoles

Pro Bowler

#25 : March 26, 2007, 11:12:06 AM

Smokescreen, pure and simple. If Millen is smart, this is the right time to take a QB.
Bingo

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#26 : March 26, 2007, 11:56:20 AM

http://buccaneers.aolsportsblog.com/2007/03/24/report-lions-would-take-calvin-johnson-no-2-overall/

Tom Kowalski, the Lions beat writer for Michigan Live, says that although Lions president Matt Millen wants to trade down, he'll stay put and take wide receiver Calvin Johnson if he doesn't get a trade offer he likes.

ONE WORD HERE, BLUFF!!!

Baghead #2
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Report: Lions will take Calvin Johnson with the 2nd overall pick « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools