Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gradkowski and the Bucs... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5

redbeard10

Hall of Famer
: October 23, 2006, 08:21:16 PM

Amazing what people are expecting out of this rookie with less than six months in the NFL. Apparently they've never seen any other rookie QB's play. The kid should have a 3-0 record if not for piss poor special teams play against the Saints.

Same for Eli manning. How's Rivers doing. Grads needs to improve this season ADW, not next season.
Eli had more time on the bench before he was thrown into the fire. Rivers has been in the NFL for two years now. I'm not saying he's Eli Manning or Rivers, the truth is that he must continue to improve with every game he plays with some probable steps back in between. As long as we see progress from his first start to his last start...that's really all you can ask.

Caveat Emperor

Pro Bowler

#1 : October 23, 2006, 08:04:02 PM

I think Ronde barber would beg to differ.

Oh -- It must've been some other group of guys wearing pewter and red that got gashed in the 2nd half by McNabb and acted like Brian Westbrook had some contagious disease when they were trying to tackle him.

Nobody on a 2-4 team is immune from criticism. Gradkowski at least can claim rookie ignorance -- no excuse for the horrid performance of the defense in the 2nd half.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#2 : October 23, 2006, 07:24:53 PM

Talking about watching legends grow...Each week the performance of the Oline in the first 2 weeks gets worse and worse.  Soon it'll be 55 sacks they surrendered....And then they suddenly got SO MUCH better when Simms was out. 

It's irritating to see people make every possible excuse for Simms, blame everyone else for everything that he did wrong, and then say that Grads is doing a poor job.  He's doing better than Simms did this year, and with maybe 2 or 3 exceptions, all of last.  Is he the next Montanna?  Prolly not, but he's gonna be a helluva lot batter than Orton ever will.  How in the world can you look at a rookie coming into possibly the most complicated Offense in the league, when the team is struggling massively, and say that he's not moving in the right direction to become the starter? 
He's playing well above what you expect for a rookie in this sitch, and that's a damn good indicator that his performance will be above par later on as well.
Well that's funny...that's exactly how we feel about you. Making every thing Simms fault and cuddling Gradkowski.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#3 : October 23, 2006, 09:01:02 AM

Guys longtime fan, not trying to be a hater, but we should be 0-6. Gradkowski is backup material at best, he can't throw it over 20 yards. I cannot believe how porous our defense has been this year. Barber played unreal yesterday, Caddy ran well, other than that it was abysmal at best. I always cheer for our Bucs but man we need some help.

I do know one thing I love our young OLmen and we don't miss a beat with Booger gone. I still have zero faith in the playoff pursuit and still see anywhere from 4-6 (6 at the absolute max) wins this year.

Baghead #2

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#4 : October 23, 2006, 09:02:53 AM

We could be 5-1 certainly 4-2 or 0-6. This season is anything from a certainty.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#5 : October 23, 2006, 09:04:15 AM

Cvillbucfan, my friend, come off that ledge.  ;)

The Bucs have won their last two.  It may not be convincing but then again the NFC seems to be weak this year (You could argue all of the NFL).  Plenty of things to complain about (Defense) but I too will just enjoy this win.

With that said I disagree with you as Grads is showing each week that he belongs in this league as a starter. 

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#6 : October 23, 2006, 09:06:07 AM

The Bucs have won their last two.  It may not be convincing but then again the NFC seems to be weak this year (You could argue all of the NFL).  Plenty of things to complain about (Defense) but I too will just enjoy this win.

With that said I disagree with you as Grads is showing each week that he belongs in this league as a starter. 

Grads didn't show much yesterday, but that is expected at this stage in his development. I expect him to have a subpar game for a couple more weeks, then he needs to make the elevation to the next plateau.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#7 : October 23, 2006, 09:11:50 AM

Grads didn't show much yesterday, but that is expected at this stage in his development. I expect him to have a subpar game for a couple more weeks, then he needs to make the elevation to the next plateau.

The elevation to the next plateau is far into the future in my opinion not this year.  But if the Bucs keeps winning though people will obviously demand more from him. 

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#8 : October 23, 2006, 09:15:22 AM

Guys longtime fan, not trying to be a hater, but we should be 0-6.

The way I figure it, we should be 4-2.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#9 : October 23, 2006, 09:18:57 AM

The elevation to the next plateau is far into the future in my opinion not this year.  But if the Bucs keeps winning though people will obviously demand more from him. 
Far into the future?? I'll consider the source of this post. Unless you think the next plateau is a rating of 108.3 avg. 350 yards a game and 3 TD's.

spartan

Hall of Famer
#10 : October 23, 2006, 09:21:34 AM

Guys longtime fan, not trying to be a hater, but we should be 0-6.

The way I figure it, we should be 4-2.

Or anything in between. It has been one of those years thus far. With regards to Bruce I think he is off to a good start in the circumstances, but it is way to early to conclude if he is a starter, backup, bust or superstar. Way, way too early.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#11 : October 23, 2006, 09:22:11 AM

Far into the future?? I'll consider the source of this post. Unless you think the next plateau is a rating of 108.3 avg. 350 yards a game and 3 TD's.

Yes next year.

Right now I am just enjoying the ride. 

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#12 : October 23, 2006, 09:22:28 AM

Amazing what people are expecting out of this rookie with less than six months in the NFL. Apparently they've never seen any other rookie QB's play. The kid should have a 3-0 record if not for piss poor special teams play against the Saints.

CadillacPower24_2006

Practice Squad

#13 : October 23, 2006, 09:23:14 AM

Grads has played a total of 3 NFL games, he can only get better, give him time, he played a good DL yesterday and did not giver up a single turnover, that is a good accomplishment in a game like that, he will get better but give him a little time...

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#14 : October 23, 2006, 09:24:28 AM

All I know is I am enjoying the ride.  8) 8) 8)

Page: 1 2 3 ... 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gradkowski and the Bucs... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools