Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gradkowski and the Bucs... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

Rusty

Hall of Famer
« #15 : October 23, 2006, 09:29:22 AM »

3 games, 2 come from behind wins and almost won the 3rd game. I don't care about stats, just wins and as a rookie, he puts us in a position to win so far.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

« #16 : October 23, 2006, 09:38:16 AM »

3 games, 2 come from behind wins and almost won the 3rd game. I don't care about stats, just wins and as a rookie, he puts us in a position to win so far.
I think Ronde barber would beg to differ.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

« #17 : October 23, 2006, 09:38:32 AM »

Amazing what people are expecting out of this rookie with less than six months in the NFL. Apparently they've never seen any other rookie QB's play. The kid should have a 3-0 record if not for piss poor special teams play against the Saints.

Orton had a great record, too.  That's not necessarily the best measure.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

« #18 : October 23, 2006, 09:40:11 AM »

Amazing what people are expecting out of this rookie with less than six months in the NFL. Apparently they've never seen any other rookie QB's play. The kid should have a 3-0 record if not for piss poor special teams play against the Saints.

Orton had a great record, too.  That's not necessarily the best measure.

True but as of right now Grads TD/INT ratio indicates he is doing as good as a job you can expect from a rookie.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

« #19 : October 23, 2006, 09:44:42 AM »

Orton had a great record, too. That's not necessarily the best measure.

True but as of right now Grads TD/INT ratio indicates he is doing as good as a job you can expect from a rookie.

I agree with you there

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

« #20 : October 23, 2006, 09:47:08 AM »

Orton had a great record, too.  That's not necessarily the best measure.
Good post. Grads has done some things well. He hasn't done the negative things a lot of Rookie QB's do, which is a credit to him. But the Brackins love being thrown at Grads is uncalled for. He hasn't done anything spectacular, he has done what is expected. He couldn't lead the team score in the first half against the Bengals, and he couldn't lead the team to score a TD against the Eagles. Ronde barber and Matt Bryant won that game for us. At the most critical time of the game, he trips and throws the ball to no one. Then trips again on his scramble. Let's just wait and see what this kid turns out to be, instead of annointing him the next Joe Montana already. Only took Simms 4 games to turn the corner, or elevate to the next Platueau. Same for Eli manning. How's Rivers doing. Grads needs to improve this season ADW, not next season.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

« #21 : October 23, 2006, 09:51:58 AM »

Grads needs to improve this season ADW, not next season.

Improve on what? Not throwing INT's?  Not having many batted balls? Not taking many sacks?

The only issue with Grads at this point is his accuracy and that is usually a strength of his.  If that is the biggest concern with Grads then I am tickled to death.   The Bucs have won their last two and I will continue to enjoy the ride.  BTW keep reading those bios and I will keep watching some football games.   ;)

As far as scoring drives is concerned Grads has shown he can move the team with long drives.  Being inaccurate though does not help.  But when his accuracy is on this offense is can move the chains just like any traditional WCO.

zed

Pro Bowler

« #22 : October 23, 2006, 09:55:46 AM »

Why can't we just accept, he's done the job for us?  Yes, we'd like for him to be the next Tom Brady, but chances are he won't.  Will we need to look for a long-term solution?  Maybe.  But for the short-term at least, Grads is the man!!! 

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

« #23 : October 23, 2006, 09:57:55 AM »

Guys longtime fan, not trying to be a hater, but we should be 0-6. Gradkowski is backup material at best, he can't throw it over 20 yards.

So the 52  yard pass to Galloway and the 48 yard-er in preseason were mirages.  Most of his bad passes have been over-thrown, so it is lack of accuracy more than arm strength.  He is probably suffering from rookie nerves and poor timing because he isn't used to the speed of the NFL yet.

I don't think anyone can declare him the long-term answer just yet,  but he does have the skill set needed to run a WCO.   He could easily be 3-0 and it could have been 0-3 as well, but that goes for 80% of QBs that win each weekend.  SImms was very unimpressive in two of his wins last season, but it is a team sport and you take the "W" and move on.   We all better hope he progresses because if he doesn't the Bucs are back on the QB carousel.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

« #24 : October 23, 2006, 10:03:21 AM »

I think Ronde barber would beg to differ.

No doubt but without the defense sh1ting all over themselves and letting the Eagles march down field for 3 back-to-back TDs, Grads did enough to have us in the game without Barbers TDs.  It was a tough game for a rookie and we won with a great effort by Barber and a crazy FG, but you take the win and move on.  Simms poor awful at Atlanta last year, and we got the win off the backs of the D, that is football, its a team sport.

Beastie

Rookie

« #25 : October 23, 2006, 10:05:53 AM »

Seriously how much better do you want a rookie quarterback to do?

Oh I hate comparing people to Tom Brady but in his first 3 games he combined for 300 passing yards and 0Td/0Int

Oh and this was in his second season in the league.

Gradkowski isnt doing good hes doing great. Theres nothing more you can ask from a guy who shouldve led your team to the first 3 victories of the season against the Bengals, Eagles and Saints. Seriously he hasnt been playing the Raiders either.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

« #26 : October 23, 2006, 12:37:46 PM »

The man has the IT factor simms did not have.He'sa winner plain and simple!
For the record, this isn't a Simms vs. Gradkowski thread. Matthewbug and ADW started that.

I never mentioned Simms in this thread first.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

« #27 : October 23, 2006, 12:48:29 PM »

It's real simple to me. I like Simms but at the end of the day, he wasn't in the right system for his skills and gruden was VERY frustrated with him, as evidenced by the 5,234 blocked balls and 7 interceptions. During training camp, Gruden realized that with the o-line, Simms wasn't going to make it out alive nor win him too many games. He also realized that Grads was his type of Gannon QB, hence the fast track for Grads. We saw Simms in the first 3 games and grads in the next 3 games. It is what it is. Gruden is going to do everything in his power to make Grads successful. he has what gruden wants; fleet of foot, historical accuracy of 70%, extreme confidence and game management skills. His athleticism has also made the defenses play a little more honest vs.  Simms who stood in the pocket to get slaughtered. When we get 4/5/6 new additions to the defense, this team will be balanced and highly competetive. Grads is the future and is doing well for 3 games. More to come.
Good post.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

« #28 : October 23, 2006, 11:15:02 AM »

Seriously how much better do you want a rookie quarterback to do?

Oh I hate comparing people to Tom Brady but in his first 3 games he combined for 300 passing yards and 0Td/0Int

Oh and this was in his second season in the league.

Gradkowski isnt doing good hes doing great. Theres nothing more you can ask from a guy who shouldve led your team to the first 3 victories of the season against the Bengals, Eagles and Saints. Seriously he hasnt been playing the Raiders either.

I don't want anything from him. I want the fans like ADW who want to swallow Grads future kids to wait until he deserves it.

Rusty

Hall of Famer
« #29 : October 23, 2006, 12:41:58 PM »

It's real simple to me. I like Simms but at the end of the day, he wasn't in the right system for his skills and gruden was VERY frustrated with him, as evidenced by the 5,234 blocked balls and 7 interceptions. During training camp, Gruden realized that with the o-line, Simms wasn't going to make it out alive nor win him too many games. He also realized that Grads was his type of Gannon QB, hence the fast track for Grads. We saw Simms in the first 3 games and grads in the next 3 games. It is what it is. Gruden is going to do everything in his power to make Grads successful. he has what gruden wants; fleet of foot, historical accuracy of 70%, extreme confidence and game management skills. His athleticism has also made the defenses play a little more honest vs.  Simms who stood in the pocket to get slaughtered. When we get 4/5/6 new additions to the defense, this team will be balanced and highly competetive. Grads is the future and is doing well for 3 games. More to come.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'
  Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gradkowski and the Bucs... « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools