Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: OFFICIAL LETS GO OREGON DUCKS GAME THREAD « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 5 6 7 8

#90 : March 26, 2007, 09:10:58 PM

I don't hate UF, I actually like Matt LaPorta.

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#91 : March 27, 2007, 04:11:34 PM

A worse UCLA team? ???

You really think this years UCLA minus Farmar is better than last years?

Ineresting.

Yep, Collison has stepped right into Farmar's place and the team hasn't missed a beat. Plus, they're playing defense this year better than they were last year, and this year they have a healthy Josh Shipp. Add to that AA, Colly, Mata, Mbah a Moute have another year under there belts and this team is deeper than last year. Even with the graduation of Farmar..

Is that enough to overcome Florida? I don't know, they're still pretty young, and I've said all along they're going to struggle against big front lines. But, then again, who thought they'd handle Kansas the way they did?

All I know is that the Gators better not look past'em..

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#92 : March 27, 2007, 04:44:47 PM

I don't think UF will look past them at all.  I believe UF has great respect for them as well as OSU and G-Town.

The interesting thing is UF has played all 3 other FF teams in the last year - winning each time.  It will be tough to beat UCLA for the 2nd time and then either OSU or G-Town again. 

UCLA may be better than last year I guess.  It seems to me last years team was viewed superior, but you have seen them more than I.  I do know that all the West Coasters sure are counting UF out again already.  Interesting considering last year.  UF's size is still there from last year which proved too much for UCLA.  That doesn't mean UF will win but I do think if both teams play well UF will win.  If UF plays as sloppy as they did vs. OR they'll be in trouble.  I don't think it will be as big of a rout as last year though either way.

Should be a good game.

Groovatron

Pro Bowler

#93 : March 27, 2007, 04:48:10 PM

If the Gators can stop the turning the ball over, they win. If not, we could have another Oregon game, too close to call.

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#94 : March 27, 2007, 04:58:40 PM

I don't think UF will look past them at all. I believe UF has great respect for them as well as OSU and G-Town.

The interesting thing is UF has played all 3 other FF teams in the last year - winning each time. It will be tough to beat UCLA for the 2nd time and then either OSU or G-Town again.

UCLA may be better than last year I guess. It seems to me last years team was viewed superior, but you have seen them more than I. I do know that all the West Coasters sure are counting UF out again already. Interesting considering last year. UF's size is still there from last year which proved too much for UCLA. That doesn't mean UF will win but I do think if both teams play well UF will win. If UF plays as sloppy as they did vs. OR they'll be in trouble. I don't think it will be as big of a rout as last year though either way.

Should be a good game.

I agree, it should be a better game. But, believe me, any west coasters that are taking UF lightly are in the minority. I can honestly tell you that UF gets a ton of respect from UCLA fans out here, not to mention all the USC fans pulling for the Gators lol. Even Ben Howland said they're the team to beat, and that was before the tournament ever began.

I like the way the Bruins are playing lights out, physical defense. But if Mata and Mbah a Moute get into foul trouble early, this thing could get outta hand fast. That's pretty much all UCLA has underneath, and they aren't the biggest..

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#95 : March 27, 2007, 08:41:31 PM

Is Noah a cheerleader in that he gets everyone else pumped up? That's a good thing to have.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#96 : March 27, 2007, 09:40:50 PM

I don't think UF will look past them at all. I believe UF has great respect for them as well as OSU and G-Town.

The interesting thing is UF has played all 3 other FF teams in the last year - winning each time. It will be tough to beat UCLA for the 2nd time and then either OSU or G-Town again.

UCLA may be better than last year I guess. It seems to me last years team was viewed superior, but you have seen them more than I. I do know that all the West Coasters sure are counting UF out again already. Interesting considering last year. UF's size is still there from last year which proved too much for UCLA. That doesn't mean UF will win but I do think if both teams play well UF will win. If UF plays as sloppy as they did vs. OR they'll be in trouble. I don't think it will be as big of a rout as last year though either way.

Should be a good game.

I agree, it should be a better game. But, believe me, any west coasters that are taking UF lightly are in the minority. I can honestly tell you that UF gets a ton of respect from UCLA fans out here, not to mention all the USC fans pulling for the Gators lol. Even Ben Howland said they're the team to beat, and that was before the tournament ever began.

I like the way the Bruins are playing lights out, physical defense. But if Mata and Mbah a Moute get into foul trouble early, this thing could get outta hand fast. That's pretty much all UCLA has underneath, and they aren't the biggest..

Yeah, Wooden also said he wouldn't bet against UF to win it all.

But I ran into a LOT of UCLA fans in Vegas, and all went out of their way to come up and tell me how UF was going to lose.  I just laughed, as I did at the OSU fans in AZ and said "we'll see...."

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#97 : March 28, 2007, 01:00:54 PM

But I ran into a LOT of UCLA fans in Vegas, and all went out of their way to come up and tell me how UF was going to lose. I just laughed, as I did at the OSU fans in AZ and said "we'll see...."

Probably ran into more UCLA bettors than actual fans. Stands to reason, considering Vegas' proximity and the bandwagon factor. But don't confuse them with "all the West Coasters". That's like calling Gator fans at Disney World "all the Floridians". Tourist destinations and all..

Real fans know what the Bruins are up against.

Saturday can't get here fast enough.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#98 : March 28, 2007, 02:41:38 PM

But I ran into a LOT of UCLA fans in Vegas, and all went out of their way to come up and tell me how UF was going to lose. I just laughed, as I did at the OSU fans in AZ and said "we'll see...."

Probably ran into more UCLA bettors than actual fans. Stands to reason, considering Vegas' proximity and the bandwagon factor. But don't confuse them with "all the West Coasters". That's like calling Gator fans at Disney World "all the Floridians". Tourist destinations and all..

Real fans know what the Bruins are up against.

Saturday can't get here fast enough.

Most I guess were students on Spring Break.  But either way I know it isn't ALL of them but it does seem like more than normal.  I didn't meet one respectful UCLA fan there.  And I must have ran into 20+ over a few days easy.

It's just funny because FSU homers and some others around here would like people to believe UF fans are horrible and what not (which some are), but from my experience others teams fans are just as bad and most of the time worse.  In AZ OSU fans were obnoxious, **CENSORED**y, and disrespectful.  I literally just laughed at them and most of the time the only words I said is "we'll see on Monday..."   Same thing happened in LV with the UCLA and Oregon students I ran into.

Every year at UF home games I run into fans of LSU, fans of AL, fans of UT, etc. and most of the time all have nothing but good things to say about how they were treated at UF games.  No doubt there are SOME instances where fans are out of hand, but they are more the exception than the rule and EVERY team has some bad apples.

MBF

Hall of Famer

#99 : April 03, 2007, 10:10:29 AM

Although I can't name many of the Ducks starting players right now if they beat FU I will learn their names and this will top off a good weekend and shut those crocs up once and for all.
How do you feel now?

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#100 : April 03, 2007, 10:16:27 AM

?Hey, Samari!!!  You man enough to shoot your mouth off now??  We had Buckeyes on here last nite say we were the better team!!  Gator hater!! If you are not a Gator you are Gator bait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#101 : April 03, 2007, 04:48:05 PM

?Hey, Samari!!!  You man enough to shoot your mouth off now??  We had Buckeyes on here last nite say we were the better team!!  Gator hater!! If you are not a Gator you are Gator bait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
For the love of overused sayings, can we please retire that last line.

ONEBIGDADDY

Hall of Famer

#102 : April 03, 2007, 07:49:27 PM

UF now has a campus up north. Since We own the Ohio University campus we just call it the University of Florida North Campus....OBD

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#103 : April 03, 2007, 09:46:18 PM

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#104 : April 04, 2007, 12:48:33 AM

Do you have to do this on EVERY board?!

Incomparable sig by Incognito
Page: 1 ... 5 6 7 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: OFFICIAL LETS GO OREGON DUCKS GAME THREAD « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools