Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: When did Brooks move to the SAM position??? « previous next »
Page: 1

ryanleaf

Starter

: March 25, 2007, 09:51:55 AM

I know that one media outlet was stating this was a possibility, but, I read this morning, that he has moved to the SAM position???  Can anyone confirm?  I am sorry if this has been covered before, I have been out of town as of late and am back. 

Thanks,

"We're not posin' for football cards offense, we're not posin' for football cards.  Let's practice with some speed!"

nitey

Hall of Famer
#1 : March 25, 2007, 10:14:25 AM

I actually think we'll see Brooks moving around the linebacking positions this year depending on the situation. Brooks has lost some steps in coverage, so you might see him flip to the strong side or the middle in 3rd and long situations and see Cato or Wilborn at weakside in those situations. Brooks still has some mileage left but I think his days as playing the sole weakside position may change this season. I also wouldn't be surprised to see the Bucs give Brooks some rest on the sidelines a bit this season allowing Cato and Wilborn on the field more with Rudd.

However, I think Brooks will still start defensive series on the weakside this season.

Success is when Skill meets OpportunityFailure is when Fantasy meets Reality

TBYFLBuc

Second String

#2 : March 25, 2007, 10:22:39 AM

It might all depend on whether Shelton retire or not. If he does retire I expect to see DB moved to the middle with Cato at WLB... or maybe SAM with Winborn at WLB

bklynbucs11

Starter

#3 : March 25, 2007, 11:52:41 AM

It might all depend on whether Shelton retire or not. If he does retire I expect to see DB moved to the middle with Cato at WLB... or maybe SAM with Winborn at WLB

Are you forgetting that we drafted Barrett Ruud specifically to replace Shelton? And Ruud, despite all critics, has done a very decent job when in there. I could see moving Derrick to MLB only on an occasional passing down. our LB core should look like this:

WILL: June
Mike: Ruud
Sam: Brooks/Winborn

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#4 : March 25, 2007, 03:15:00 PM

I know that one media outlet was stating this was a possibility, but, I read this morning, that he has moved to the SAM position??? Can anyone confirm? I am sorry if this has been covered before, I have been out of town as of late and am back.

Thanks,

Where did you read this?

gone

Hall of Famer
#5 : March 25, 2007, 03:51:37 PM

I don't know if it's true, I haven't heard anything other than speculation.  But it's possible.  I'd think it more likely that DB stays at Will and June replaces him on passing Downs.  It's possible that June starts at Sam and then moves to Will on passing downs as well.

ordinary

Second String

#6 : March 25, 2007, 03:59:59 PM

I heard on Rotoworld that Cato June will compete for SSLB(Nece)

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#7 : March 25, 2007, 05:12:10 PM

FYI, I posted another thread on this:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6591202

Cato June Signed: June's raw tackle stats (96 solos, 45 assists) are pretty impressive, but tackle stats can be misleading. (I address that issue, particularly in regards to June, in this Football Outsiders blog post). The game tape shows that June gets blocked too easily and sometimes hesitates to fit the hole, with many of his tackles occurring 12 yards downfield. But he's a good fit in Tampa Bay because a) he played in a similar defense in Indy; b) he fills a need now that Derrick Brooks has flipped to strongside linebacker and Shelton Quarles is probably retired, and c) he doesn't have an AARP card in his wallet.

gone

Hall of Famer
#8 : March 25, 2007, 06:46:25 PM

So Fox is certain of this? 
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: When did Brooks move to the SAM position??? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools