Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: No more Theismann on MNF?! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

bucnut

Hall of Famer
: March 25, 2007, 01:20:49 PM

Love Jaws and love his glasses.

NFC South BBS Viva la Grudenistas!  GO GATORS!!!

whobdis

Pro Bowler

#1 : March 25, 2007, 01:19:28 PM

Great move if true. I can hardly stand Theisman..and the chemistry just wasn't there with Kornheiser (who's almost
as annoying). Jaws knows his stuff and does the research.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#2 : March 25, 2007, 01:19:21 PM

Jaworski is a pretty smart cookie.  He would be able to dissect the plays better, and I don't think he would bring the EGO, or the gushing of celebs that Theisman brings.

I would MUCH MUCH rather have Jaws.

BucFanMatt

Starter
#3 : March 25, 2007, 02:14:48 PM

Unbelievable!  They cut Theismann not because he is an idiot, but because he couldn't get along with an even bigger idiot.  Jaws is one of my favorite analysts, but they will either turn him into yet another blithering idiot, or they will can him.  ESPN will never allow someone to come in and raise the football IQ of their # 1 broadcast team.

\"Those who would trade freedom for security deserve neither\" -- Benjamin Franklin

MBF

Hall of Famer

#4 : March 25, 2007, 01:14:39 PM

PFT

SUNSHINE OUT AT MNF

A source with knowledge of the situation tells us that ESPN is yanking analyst Joe Theismann from Monday Night Football.  Earlier this year, the network said that the lineup for the weekly NFL broadcast would return unchanged in 2007.

Per the source, the likely replacement for Theismann is Ron Jaworski, who performed well (despite wearing ladies' glasses) during the back half of a season-opening Monday night doubleheader and who currently is handling booth duties for the ESPN/ABC coverage of the Arena Football League.

It's unknown whether Theismann will be reassigned to other ESPN NFL-related shows, or possibly to ESPN's college football coverage.  After Mike Patrick and Paul Maguire weren't shifted with Theismann from Sunday night to Monday night, Patrick and Maguire landed with the network's NCAA broadcasts.

The problem, as we understand it, is that Theismann received a lucrative contract in the waning days of Mark Shapiro's tenure, and the network is unlikely to eat the balance of it.  We're told that there are at least two years remaining on the deal.

Per a source with knowledge of the in-house dynamics at ESPN, Theismann and Tony Kornheiser didn't mix well, and there's a school of thought that Kornheiser would be better without having to worry about tiptoeing on eggshells with Theismann.  (And we agree with that.  Completely.)

The information came to us in response to an item we posted earlier on Saturday indicating that ESPN had offered a spot on Monday Night Football to former Cowboys coach Bill Parcells.

Stay tuned.

#5 : March 25, 2007, 01:22:35 PM

Only thing i don't like about Jaws is his affiliation to Philly.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#6 : March 25, 2007, 01:26:17 PM

Only thing i don't like about Jaws is his affiliation to Philly.
That is negligible.

I absolutely couldn't stand Theisman. 

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#7 : March 25, 2007, 01:28:10 PM

Yeah, good move to run out JT. His "know it all attitude" seaps through his pores and thinks wayyyy to much of himself. That's where it all starts with fools like that...

Remember Joe, roses really smell like poo poo.

redbeard10

Hall of Famer
#8 : March 25, 2007, 01:29:07 PM

My dream has finally come true....this is a wonderful day.

watson

Hall of Famer
#9 : March 25, 2007, 01:35:30 PM

Now if they would just stick to calling the football and stop all the BS of bringing the "guests" into the booth and slobbering all over them while ignoring the game.  If they want to do that, go to the Entertainment Network.

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#10 : March 25, 2007, 01:41:36 PM

it's a start --- now Korn has got to go!  He's worse than Theismann IMO.

IDontNeedaName

Second String

#11 : March 25, 2007, 01:45:29 PM

Bring back Dennis Miller!

Aratar

Rookie

#12 : March 25, 2007, 02:01:57 PM

I want Skip Bayless!!

sma2680

Practice Squad

#13 : March 25, 2007, 02:10:18 PM

I hate theisman so much.  I literally cannot listen to him.  I usually only make it through about a quarter of MNF before I just put it on mute.  Before that, on Sundays with him and Maguire I just started the game on mute.  I think Jaws is good, I also thought Vermeil was good last year too, I know he did a few games last year, but can't remember if that was for ESPN or NFLN.

#14 : March 25, 2007, 02:17:31 PM

Bring back Dennis Miller!

Oh God no!!!!

And i happen to like Korn. Maybe they should add Wilbon.... they are awesome together.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: No more Theismann on MNF?! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools