Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Michael Clayton Will Not Change His Physical Style Of Play « previous next »
Page: 1 2

bucs1

Practice Squad
: March 25, 2007, 01:36:00 PM

From KFFL.com: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl

Buccaneers | Clayton will not change his physical style of play
Sun, 25 Mar 2007 09:46:37 -0700

Rick Stroud, of the St. Petersburg Times, reports Tampa Bay Buccaneers WR Michael Clayton will not change his physical style of play, despite dealing with injuries the past two seasons. "To go in and mess up a mental approach, that's not my focus. I know in the midst of players getting hurt, it's not like I'm hitting guys and that's what's getting me hurt. Everybody takes shots sometimes. And I do have to be smart. If I've got three guys tackling me, go ahead and get down instead of trying to get an extra inch. That's what [head coach] Jon Gruden means. It's not the physical contact or the one-on-one contact; it's about being smart. That's one thing I have to learn. I don't want people to take it in the wrong context. This is how I play," Clayton said.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#1 : March 25, 2007, 01:38:02 PM

Now if he could only make more catches happen to even think about falling down first...

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#2 : March 25, 2007, 01:39:13 PM

He won't have to worry about taking hits from the bench

bryan12112

Starter

#3 : March 25, 2007, 02:23:00 PM

People turn on players so fast. I'm looking for a rebound year from Clayton now that Garcia is here. If Garcia can bring good QB play to this offense like Griese did in '04, I look for Clayton to get a lot chances. We'll see how it goes.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#4 : March 25, 2007, 02:23:59 PM

People turn on players so fast. I'm looking for a rebound year from Clayton now that Garcia is here. If Garcia can bring good QB play to this offense like Griese did in '04, I look for Clayton to get a lot chances. We'll see how it goes.
SO fast?

Are you kidding me?

Two birthdays have gone  by since 80 looked like anything decent.

Two me, 2 years is a long damn time.

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#5 : March 25, 2007, 02:47:50 PM

Good thing you didn't have anything to do with Barber who took 3 years - Kelly that took 3 years and many others.  Why so quick to dismiss?

UFBucgator

Practice Squad

#6 : March 25, 2007, 02:50:06 PM

Kid had a great rookie season, was hurt one year, and had no qb to get him the ball last year.  The jury will make their ruling this year.

T

Hall of Famer

#7 : March 25, 2007, 02:55:53 PM

This needs to be Clayton's make or break year

redbeard10

Hall of Famer
#8 : March 25, 2007, 03:05:36 PM

Does that mean he is not going to change his pass dropping skill too?

gone

Hall of Famer
#9 : March 25, 2007, 03:54:04 PM

People also forget that Clayton was not looking all that bad under Greise.  His productions was down (IIRC) but it wan't until Simms took over that he disappeared.  And a lot of that had to do with the 2TE sets as well.  I want to see him another year, especially with finally having a decent QB. ..

kennard19

Starter
#10 : March 25, 2007, 04:01:05 PM

He will do fine this year.

stereochemistry

Pro Bowler

#11 : March 25, 2007, 04:36:30 PM

This needs to be Clayton's make or break year

I don't quite think it will be.  He will not silence any critics should he have a good year, it will only buy him one more make or break year while the critique will be "maybe he's not a bust, but now he's just inconsistant, who knows what we'll get next year"

The same critique will be brought up against the coaching/FO if the Bucs have a good season; it doesn't just make everything better, it only buys another year to prove it can be consistant winning, and not just more up, down, up, down seasons.

ordinary

Second String

#12 : March 25, 2007, 04:50:10 PM

He needs to play at his rookie weight.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#13 : March 25, 2007, 04:51:10 PM

Good thing you didn't have anything to do with Barber who took 3 years - Kelly that took 3 years and many others.  Why so quick to dismiss?
Neither of them were top 15 picks. Both were second tier talents just expected to be part of the system. Clayton was supposed to be an elite talent.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

dm4bucs

Starter
#14 : March 25, 2007, 04:54:44 PM

Last year Clayton had some big drops but it was a very inconsistent offense by everyone that played in it and hopefully with a stable QB(please let one of them play all year for once) everyone's play will improve including clayton.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Michael Clayton Will Not Change His Physical Style Of Play « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools