Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Michael Clayton Will Not Change His Physical Style Of Play « previous next »
Page: 1 2

devasher

Starter
#15 : March 25, 2007, 05:18:03 PM

Good thing you didn't have anything to do with Barber who took 3 years - Kelly that took 3 years and many others. Why so quick to dismiss?

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/12199 - Ronde Barber's Statistical Page (Per NFL.com)

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/12488 - Brian Kelly's Statistical Page (Per NFL.com)

You want to tell me again how long those two took before they were solid pro's on a top 10 Defense?? The answer is NOT 3 years, as Barber took 1 year of awful play to become a full-timer, then another year before he bacame very good. Kelly played right away and had a pretty successfull 2nd season that followed....Clayton is entering his 4th year in this league.

Another thing is that those two guys got BETTER as the years went on, not far worse.

Clayton needs to worry less about his "Physical Style of Play" and actually get some SEPERATION, then once he can do that, catch the ball...once he completes those two tasks he'll be an AVERAGE player in this league again.

#16 : March 25, 2007, 05:26:00 PM

Good thing you didn't have anything to do with Barber who took 3 years - Kelly that took 3 years and many others. Why so quick to dismiss?

they weren't making 1st round $$$$. There was time for them to develop.

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#17 : March 25, 2007, 06:01:00 PM

Well maybe he should stop sucking. That'd be something to change for sure.

pewtersurf

Hall of Famer
#18 : March 25, 2007, 06:04:37 PM

they weren't making 1st round $$$$. There was time for them to develop.

Great answer...  Theres a huge difference on how 1st rounders and all the others are viewed.  Unless your a QB, 1st rounders should be able to hit the ground running and contribute to a team or they are seen as busts.

Get your Battle Flag!  Join the Fight!

bryan12112

Starter

#19 : March 25, 2007, 08:49:11 PM

Kid had a great rookie season, was hurt one year, and had no qb to get him the ball last year.  The jury will make their ruling this year.

Exactly. Two, three years normally is enough time to evaluate, but considering the circumstances here with Michael Clayton, I think it's too early to write him off yet. There's no doubt that he has the talent. I think we should all give him a chance with Garcia (assuming he wins the job) to see if he can get it back together. I'll be with you guys if he stays healthy and still struggles next season.

bklynbucs11

Starter

#20 : March 26, 2007, 08:58:21 AM

8 games. I will give Michael Clayton 8 more games before officially stamping him a bust.

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#21 : March 26, 2007, 09:11:50 AM

Clayton needs to lose weight but still can be physical.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#22 : March 26, 2007, 09:43:03 AM

Catch the f-ing ball Michael.

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#23 : March 26, 2007, 01:58:48 PM

I do belive that Garcia will help him. He just has to consistently catch the ball.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

Huey Freeman

Starter
#24 : March 26, 2007, 03:06:06 PM

Coulda, shoulda, woulda, might, still, will.  Who cares if he doesn't catch the ball.  It's a very clear thing with WRs.  When you start dropping balls, you are not long for the roster. 
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Michael Clayton Will Not Change His Physical Style Of Play « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools