Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Falcons May Release DT Grady Jackson « previous next »
Page: 1

bucs1

Practice Squad
: March 25, 2007, 01:49:57 PM

From RotoWorld.com: http://www.rotoworld.com/content/Home_NFL.aspx

Grady Jackson-DL-Falcons

The Denver Post reports defensive tackle Grady Jackson could be cut by the Falcons before training camp to save salary cap space.
This would explain Atlanta's interest in Ian Scott. Jackson is currently recovering from arthroscopic knee surgery and questionable for OTAs.
Source: Denver Post

I don't know too much about Grady Jackson.  I know that he was with the Packers for a couple of years before he went to the Falcons.  Would he be a good option for the Bucs?  We can put him at NT and move Chris Hovan to UT if we don't pick a UT in the draft.  He is recovering from an injury so we would probally be able to sign him for cheap depending on if he passes our physical.

BucFanMatt

Starter
#1 : March 25, 2007, 02:04:23 PM

Grady is one of those mammoth run-stopping defensive tackles that are just too slow-footed to ever work in the Buc's scheme.  I know there has been talk about getting bigger up front, but I don't think Grady Jackson is what they have in mind.

\"Those who would trade freedom for security deserve neither\" -- Benjamin Franklin

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#2 : March 25, 2007, 03:22:21 PM

i remember he gave us some good run stuffin last time we played against them.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#3 : March 25, 2007, 06:58:38 PM

Mmmmm, stuffin. Covered with gravy and next to a stack of white turkey meat...

ordinary

Second String

#4 : March 25, 2007, 07:10:34 PM

Bring in fat boi,we can use him on 3rd and 1s and twos hell even 3s. Hovan at UT and Jackson at NT only for running situations.

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#5 : March 25, 2007, 08:24:19 PM

We drafted Anthony Bryant to play NT in this defense, we could possibly try Grady Jackson there.

He is fat and he takes on 2 guys at a time. That's what you want your NT to do. I wouldn't mind him here if we move Hovan over to UT. We still need to draft a UT, though, in case Jackson eats himself to death before camp.

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#6 : March 25, 2007, 09:20:28 PM

Mmmmm, stuffin. Covered with gravy and next to a stack of white turkey meat...

your starting to sound like Madden on Thanksgiving Day. ;)

Who started that "Elephant in the Livingroom" thread?  Were you talking about signing Grady?  Only kidding.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Falcons May Release DT Grady Jackson « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools