Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Interesting info « previous next »
Page: 1 2

BucLord

Starter

« : March 25, 2007, 10:48:22 PM »

As some of you know, my brother in-law works for a local newspaper outside of Alemeda. Here is an e-mail I got from him today.

I didnt post the whole e-mail becaue there was some personal family stuff involved. One thing he did say tho', the Falcons offer was declined by Oakland, apparently Al Davis is a little pissed the Falcons didnt work with him about schaub, so the raiders have pulled the plug on the falcons offer for the #1 spot. So the only way the Falcons have any shot at Calvin Johnson is trading with the Lions or Browns. We're 2 picks away from landing the bes player in this draft.

This Diflipo dude is the Raiders new QB coach

One team down, it wont be Oakland. We're gonna get him, I can fell it man

Here's the e-mail

Hey Matt

Things are a little busy around here with the A's upcoming season. Sorry it's taken me a couple days to get back to you. In regards to your question as to my meeting with Defilipo.

Met Defilipo friday morning for brunch with Angie and her friends (including the one dating him). We talked Raiders a little bit but I didn't want to bombard him with questions but I did get some good info in regards to your question about Calvin Johnson. I'd say you won’t have to worry about the Raiders selecting him #1. He also went on to say no to Carr, The Raiders did offer a conditional pick next year, believed to be a 7th with conditions as high as a 4th. Carr did ask for a release as oppose to a trade and the Texans granted him his wishes.

One thing Defilipo mentioned was that he and the coaching staff had concerns over the beatings he's taken. He also went on to point out that the coaching staff has no intentions of bringing in Culpepper. From what I gathered, and every time Russells name came up he would grin but he was very hush about the draft, he would change the subject if the draft came up, Sorry Matt, did try.  I did ask him about his attendance at LSU's pro day, (He says that between Russell and Quinn it’s not even close. He attended both pro days). He said the guy was phenomenal at his pro day. My personal feelings after having brunch with him? It's JaMarcus Russell Matt, you could see it in his eyes, him being the Raiders new QB coach every time Russells name came up he would bow his head toward his plate to take another bite and had a grin from ear to ear.

Didn’t really get much mention on the Moss situation you asked about. We were all talking Randy and he didn’t confirm or deny anything but I got the feeling he's gone. He also confirmed the Raiders went after Schaub which has been reported and that Lane also wanted Rattay as the #2 (which also leads me to think its Russell at #1) He did said Greg Knapp was very upset that the Raiders were unable to sign him.

Also that Jordan is perceived as lazy and that if he doesn’t correct his work ethic this year he won’t start or play. And that’s why they brought in Rhodes. I will stay in touch if I hear anything new.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Marcia, Marcia, Marcia

It's always about Marcia

gonzalez

Rookie

« #1 : March 25, 2007, 10:50:12 PM »

one down two to go, tell your bro thanks for the interesting info

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

« #2 : March 25, 2007, 11:02:17 PM »

Seems like a guy who allegedly works for a newspaper would be able to correctly spell John DeFilippo's name, particularly after having brunch with him.

« #3 : March 25, 2007, 11:06:01 PM »

Seems like a guy who allegedly works for a newspaper would be able to correctly spell John DeFilippo's name, particularly after having brunch with him.

things that make you go hmmmmmmm???

magicfan39126

Pro Bowler

« #4 : March 25, 2007, 11:10:21 PM »

I trust him. Seems like a long way to go for a bogus scoop.

« #5 : March 25, 2007, 11:13:07 PM »

Checking his email is a long way to go?

« #6 : March 25, 2007, 11:14:06 PM »

I swear a pig just flew past my hotel window.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

« #7 : March 25, 2007, 11:17:12 PM »

There's no scoop involved in his post so there's no issue of trust involved, I was simply commenting it was interesting that an alleged newspaper professional could mangle John DeFilippo's name so badly.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

« #8 : March 25, 2007, 11:17:59 PM »

What hotel has flying pigs?

« #9 : March 25, 2007, 11:22:16 PM »

In Manhattan......a bull flew past as well......with severe diarrhea.

BucLord

Starter

« #10 : March 25, 2007, 11:26:23 PM »

There's no scoop involved in his post so there's no issue of trust involved, I was simply commenting it was interesting that an alleged newspaper professional could mangle John DeFilippo's name so badly.

John covers the A's. he does'nt do NFL football, he had brunch with the guy through some friends.

You can take it anyway you want, dont really give a damn myself. I'm telling you what was said at the table with the Raiders new QB coach.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Marcia, Marcia, Marcia

It's always about Marcia

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

« #11 : March 25, 2007, 11:30:34 PM »

John covers the A's.

John who? He covers the A's for what paper?

karen anderson

Practice Squad

« #12 : March 25, 2007, 11:40:34 PM »

In Manhattan......a bull flew past as well......with severe diarrhea.

Thanks for that visual. :P

« #13 : March 25, 2007, 11:49:23 PM »

Not much of a visual, just the normal building accross the street type of view you get in Manhattan.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

« #14 : March 26, 2007, 12:18:46 AM »

Not much of a visual, just the normal building accross the street type of view you get in Manhattan.
Why are you in NY?
  Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Interesting info « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools