Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Defense wins the game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! « previous next »
Page: 1

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
: October 23, 2006, 10:14:23 AM

I know our defense didn't tackle when needed, again, but it was the defense that won the game for Tampa.  Same old offense where we throw deep balls to Galloway on third down, quit on the run when the run is working, make more shifts than Beyonce, and throw the same slants that everyone knows is coming.  Face it guys, had it not been for Rhonde having a flashback, we would have gotten killed today. 
We get 30 yards from the Eagles defense in the fourth quarter that gives us a total of 196 yards for the game!  Grads needs to keep handing off to Caddy that is for sure!  Gruden got bailed out by outstanding speacial team and defensive play.  But Gruden gets credit because he is the head coach and it is he who keeps this team together.  For people to call this guy a offensive genius though, is well, just offensive!

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#1 : October 23, 2006, 10:18:52 AM

Just because Ronde plays on the defense doesn't mean the defense won that game. Our defense was suck ass again yesterday. Missed tackles are our new motto. The players ought to just go out there with there jerseys tucked in there belt, and pull them out when the players run by them ....ole'(red jersies of course)

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#2 : October 23, 2006, 10:25:33 AM

Did you watch the game, Guru? That defense gave up 506 yards and couldn't hold a 17-0 lead, even when the Bucs offense used up more than half of the entire 3rd quarter on the opening drive.

Big props to Ronde Barber, however. His individual effort was terrific. Several players put this team in position to win, and Ronde was at the top of that list.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#3 : October 23, 2006, 10:26:54 AM

I think everyone that said Ronde did not deserve that extension can eat their crow right about now.   ;D ;D ;D

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#4 : October 23, 2006, 10:29:25 AM

I think everyone that said Ronde did not deserve that extension can eat their crow right about now.   ;D ;D ;D
hahaha....one game. He got 3 years you know. The signs of him slowing in the first 5 games don't have you concerned about 2 years from now???

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#5 : October 23, 2006, 10:35:45 AM

The offense didn't do well at all in the passing game.  But Gruden stuck with the run alot and Caddy had a pretty good day.   The most disappointing thing in the passing game was when Galloway was open for that long TD and Gradkowski couldn't get him the ball.   That pass wasn't even close.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#6 : October 23, 2006, 10:38:12 AM

hahaha....one game. He got 3 years you know. The signs of him slowing in the first 5 games don't have you concerned about 2 years from now???

Ronde's game has never been about straight line speed like Kelly (that is why a turf toe injury hurts Kelly's game so much) so I do not see a drop off with him.  Ronde is a very good zone corner and will continue to be for a long time.  Woodson was never the same after that knee injury (he lost his speed) but he was able to play at a high level for a long time becuase he understood how to play.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#7 : October 23, 2006, 10:38:19 AM

Not sure about this one but yes, the defense won the game. IF the D didn't score 14 points the Eagles would've won. I know the defense didn't play great but they gave the team all the points. You have to say they won it because the offense didn't do shlt.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#8 : October 23, 2006, 10:44:22 AM

Ronde's game has never been about straight line speed like Kelly (that is why a turf toe injury hurts Kelly's game so much) so I do not see a drop off with him.  Ronde is a very good zone corner and will continue to be for a long time.  Woodson was never the same after that knee injury (he lost his speed) but he was able to play at a high level for a long time becuase he understood how to play.

I'm going to start calling you "The Top"...man you can spin with the best of them. I'm sure you really took my expression of his game slowing to mean just "straight line speed" right??? His game is slowing, his whole game, everything about his game. He was brilliant yesterday, but he has been interferring because he is a step slower then his already slow self. He's been missing tackles, because his already slow self is step slower, and not in ideal position to make those tackles.  ADW...you make me laugh, thanks for that.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#9 : October 23, 2006, 10:45:32 AM

IF the D didn't score 14 points the Eagles would've won.

And conversely, you might say that if the D didn't give up 21 points in the last 16 minutes of the game, the Bucs would've won without the 14 points. As units, neither side of the ball had a good game as a team. Several individuals made some individual plays that really keyed the victory, however.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#10 : October 23, 2006, 10:46:48 AM

IF the D didn't score 14 points the Eagles would've won.

And conversely, you might say that if the D didn't give up 21 points in the last 16 minutes of the game, the Bucs would've won without the 14 points. As units, neither side of the ball had a good game as a team. Several individuals made some individual plays that really keyed the victory, however.

But if you had to pick on part of the team that helped the most in victory what would you say? If you don't say the defense you must be tripp'n.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#11 : October 23, 2006, 10:53:19 AM

But if you had to pick on part of the team that helped the most in victory what would you say? If you don't say the defense you must be tripp'n.

Again, neither unit deserves much praise as a whole. Ronde himself, personally, deserves much props for his individual effort. Cadillac deserves props as well for a strong individual effort. Matt Bryant deserves props too, for a record-setting kick. Gradkowski deserves some kind words for not having a costly mistake and making a play or two with the game on the line.

As a unit overall, the defense was very much subpar.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#12 : October 23, 2006, 10:59:04 AM

I'm going to start calling you "The Top"...man you can spin with the best of them. I'm sure you really took my expression of his game slowing to mean just "straight line speed" right??? His game is slowing, his whole game, everything about his game. He was brilliant yesterday, but he has been interferring because he is a step slower then his already slow self. He's been missing tackles, because his already slow self is step slower, and not in ideal position to make those tackles.  ADW...you make me laugh, thanks for that.

Missed tackle are happening to young players like Allen, Phillips, Ruud, Nece, etc.  I can not say it is a lack of youth that is causing that.  Ronde looks bad when the defensive pressure up front is non existent.  Ronde is a system CB that relies on playing zone.  Asking for Ronde to play man to man for extended periods of time does not translate too well.

But yes I am a top better than a flip flop.  ;D
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Defense wins the game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools