Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Carricker, Anderson, Branch « previous next »
Page: 1

gone

Hall of Famer
: March 26, 2007, 01:13:29 PM

I'm wondering a lot about this Carricker, and what our interest in him would be.  We seem to like him.  For the past couple of years we've been reaching on hybrid types like him.  Carricker would be the realization of what we were looking for in those reaches. 

We also through in a fair amount of 3-4 setups last year, and while those may have been determined as much by injury as anything else, maybe they weren't. 

It's possible we may be moving to a 3-4/Tampa-2 hybrid.  If we did that, all of a sudden Carricker, Anderson, and Branch look a bit more likely than Okoye and Adams.  It would also make the June signing and Winborn retainer look like they make more sense than if they were just Will backers fighting for the Sam spot.  (I'm not the biggest fan of Nece, but he is doing fine at Sam, there's no giant need to replace him).

Bringing Coyer on is also interesting.  While line coaches can be expected to have broad familiarity, Coyer is coming out of a 3-4 scheme. 

I don't see us going to a full 3-4, but some kind of mix might happen.  If it did, we might see us pick up a bigger LB in rd 2.  And we'd also hae to wonder about how we'd use some of the other guys we picked up recently.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#1 : March 26, 2007, 01:18:45 PM

Not to sell him short but Adams can be part of a 3-4 scheme as well.  He is a pass rusher wherever you line him up.  Chukwurah and Bennet are pass rushers as well.

But I agree the Bucs defense may be moving to a hybrid 3-4/4-3 defense.  Carricker can excell in a hybrid defense I think and keep an eye for Tank Tyler if he is drafted in the second round by the Bucs.

Bucsker

Practice Squad

#2 : March 26, 2007, 02:45:56 PM

I'm wondering a lot about this Carricker, and what our interest in him would be.  We seem to like him.  For the past couple of years we've been reaching on hybrid types like him.  Carricker would be the realization of what we were looking for in those reaches. 

We also through in a fair amount of 3-4 setups last year, and while those may have been determined as much by injury as anything else, maybe they weren't. 

It's possible we may be moving to a 3-4/Tampa-2 hybrid.  If we did that, all of a sudden Carricker, Anderson, and Branch look a bit more likely than Okoye and Adams.  It would also make the June signing and Winborn retainer look like they make more sense than if they were just Will backers fighting for the Sam spot.  (I'm not the biggest fan of Nece, but he is doing fine at Sam, there's no giant need to replace him).

Bringing Coyer on is also interesting.  While line coaches can be expected to have broad familiarity, Coyer is coming out of a 3-4 scheme. 

I don't see us going to a full 3-4, but some kind of mix might happen.  If it did, we might see us pick up a bigger LB in rd 2.  And we'd also hae to wonder about how we'd use some of the other guys we picked up recently.

As I posted earlier, I don't see the Bucs drafting Carriker in any scenario in which they don't trade down. If they were to trade out of the #4 slot, then Carriker could be an option, but he's a guy who could almost definitely be had at #10 or higher, so taking him at #4 would seem unlikely.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Carricker, Anderson, Branch « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools