Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Michael Pittman « previous next »
Page: 1

Rusty

Hall of Famer
: October 23, 2006, 11:29:39 AM

His kick off return of 37 yards really helped set up the winning field goal. He now contributes in so many ways. Also Clayton's reception kept the drive alive. Same  guys each week.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#1 : October 23, 2006, 11:31:55 AM

I love Pittman's current role. I did not like him as the feature back. It may not be Pitt's fault on this particular play I'm referring too, but it was very funny to me that Caddy had three straight runs totaling about 25 yards, and then came out for a breather and Pitt gets no gain on the very next play.

wtmcgee

Starter

#2 : October 23, 2006, 11:35:55 AM

Yeah, Pitt is a great team player and is really helping on special teams & in the passing game.  His running still leaves something to be desired, but I'm glad he's here.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#3 : October 23, 2006, 11:37:17 AM

Pittman is a horrible rotational back when Carnell needs a breather.  I saw him on three occasions flip over when he hit the line.  Pittman is at best a special teams player/third down back.  The Bucs need to really invest a draft pick in a RB that can take some of the load for Carnell and offer a change of pace.

Groovatron

Pro Bowler

#4 : October 23, 2006, 11:37:47 AM

Man, he really picked up the blitz yesterday on more than one occasion. I like his play of late.

rocko23

Hall of Famer
#5 : October 23, 2006, 12:19:12 PM

Pittman is a fliper at the    line  ;D ;D ;D :D :D :D

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#6 : October 23, 2006, 12:32:23 PM

Pittman is a horrible rotational back when Carnell needs a breather. I saw him on three occasions flip over when he hit the line. Pittman is at best a special teams player/third down back. The Bucs need to really invest a draft pick in a RB that can take some of the load for Carnell and offer a change of pace.

I totally agree with that. The Bucs are naked there.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

coopsxx

Starter
#7 : October 23, 2006, 01:19:15 PM

Yeh i dont think much of him as a back, but he is such a useful player to have, i would be happy if they got another RB to give caddy a breather and let pitt play WR full time, he is a much better receiver than runner.

his kickoffs are very nice and consistant so far too

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#8 : October 23, 2006, 01:23:07 PM

He asked to play defensive back as well, but the staff wouldn't let him.

boredomkills01

Pro Bowler

#9 : October 23, 2006, 01:41:04 PM

I would love to see the bucs pick up more of a bruising change of pace back... such as TJ duckett..

Someone to help wear out that D-line and make those holes wider for Caddy

$$$

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#10 : October 23, 2006, 01:43:09 PM

I would love to see the bucs pick up more of a bruising change of pace back... such as TJ duckett..

Yeah, they used to have that here but he's not what he used to be anymore. Hasn't really been "right" for a few years now.

buckit

Hall of Famer

#11 : October 23, 2006, 01:57:24 PM

His kick off return of 37 yards really helped set up the winning field goal. He now contributes in so many ways. Also Clayton's reception kept the drive alive. Same guys each week.

He still can't run the ball for s***, but his pass receiving and KR are very nice.  I wonder if we could convert him to an H back...

Dear Glazers,

Please sell the team to Eddie DeBartolo.

Thank you,
--the fans

Timbuc2

Pro Bowler

#12 : October 23, 2006, 02:01:11 PM

Pittman is a horrible rotational back when Carnell needs a breather. I saw him on three occasions flip over when he hit the line. Pittman is at best a special teams player/third down back. The Bucs need to really invest a draft pick in a RB that can take some of the load for Carnell and offer a change of pace.

Very easy answer: You give Earnest Graham some carries. The guy is just rotting on the bench and just plating special teams. This is after being your best runner in the past 2 or 3 preseasons. I guess that's why I am not an NFL coach.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Michael Pittman « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools