Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Question RE TBBB Threads « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 10

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#15 : June 30, 2007, 01:25:30 AM

I've got it! Scott, Jim and Hugh are the mods at the TBBB.

Believe it or not, that benign comment wouldn't survive TBBB. Suspended x 2 months.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#16 : June 30, 2007, 01:48:42 AM

I just don't get the infatuation that some members of this board have with that one, because it's not the other way around.

Redirect the link from nfl.com to this site rather than that one and see how quickly that changes.    The ONLY reason I ever complain about that site being so poorly run is because it's supposedly the "official" Bucs site.   Casual internet browsers will come upon that site if they are looking for some info on the Bucs.   And that site is worthless.   I'd love for more fans of other teams to come to this site and talk with us about upcoming games.   But that rarely happens.   They go to bucs.com because that's the link provided by nfl.com.   It's quite unfortunate because Buc fans deserve better than that site.   This one is great, but it's not as high profile since it's not the "official" site.

sprung4bucs, that's a nice analysis you have there.   But honestly anyone can spend 15 minutes on that site and see that it's poorly administrated by people who have an agenda against Gruden.   It's not fun to be a Bucs fan and visit the Bucs "official" site, so I avoid it for the most part.   

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#17 : June 30, 2007, 03:07:52 AM

I thought to do an extensive "data analysis" of the TBBB to quantify what I perceived to be a 360 change in the informative environment over there, since logging in as a member.  However, after tallying only about 1% of the information, I bailed out.  The need to know wasn't worth the effort.  Because some interesting stats were revealed in that small data pool, I created a thread to share some of the details.  The thread was deleted in a flash.  No one has notified me regarding the "why" of the deletion.  I reread the rules and checked my messages, but found no indication of rule violation.

I basically noted four things to explain the following image: (1) that within the last two years of my board membership, the board had negatively changed, (2) that there was a possibility that my own membership fueled that change (3) Bucs fans hate other Buc fans (4) that one unnamed person consistently stood out as a thread hijacker.

Some things just go straight over my head, and wondered if someone could give me a heads-up as to why the thread might have been deleted.  My response to anyone who criticizes me for asking...Meh! 

Where did you post this? If you put it on the team discussions it was probably deleted because the subject was about the board members which would relegate it to the off topics board. If you posted it there, and it was deleted, you offended someone in power.

There is a nazi mentality among the moderators there and any discussion is at their option. They may have us beat in quantity, but we have them beat in quality. We know who the moderators are here and we can communicate with them.

There is a negative bias against the team that seems to be condoned by their administrators. Our guys are more objective. They don't hesitate to call it like they see it.

BarnacleBeau

Rookie

#18 : June 30, 2007, 07:05:31 AM

S4B:
I too, at one time not too far in the past was a (sic) victim of a ban from "that other board" for protesting and eventually calling out one or two of the Richard Craniums that troll that site looking for people to intentionally P. off. I got banned from here as well for bringing my protests and rants about getting banned from there to this site. This isn't any kind of warning, though. I had to cool my violent transgressions to a few...er...one particular poster, poser or whatever you care to label that person. He has drawn to him a huge pool of similar of cronies who shoe-buff his antics like the little dog in the cartoon that goes..."What are we gonna do tonite, huh George...duh, what are we gonna dooooo?" I let that drivel get to me. Most of the negative posters there are lurkers here. Some ARE mods there. You would have to search and search but there are several threads containing arguments where the hoser posters are called out and busted. The mods are in favor of the controversy that a few of these guys create because it adds to the "diversity of the board". I have a pure raging hatred for one of the posters over there, but I have to remember that I cant let it interfere (not that you are) with the intent of the board here. Hence forth, I lurk untill I can contribute constructively and I wish to hope that this was the intention of those that barred me here. If you like the bucs too much you are even thrashed at by being labeled a Homer, so dont let it get to you. I personally thought it was an interesting read, but would liked to have seen alot more. I am sure you were banned because you refuted the mind sync of the emotionally handicapped people that post there. Not all, just a few. A good flushing of the toilet is due at TBBB and maybe it will come...but I doubt it.
I also agree with javabuc that it is very unfortunate that the other board has been dubbed the official site because it is no more official than the idiot posters are official fans. Meh. Shadetree fans at best and the one particular sexless poster would probably get his can doused by Gruden himself if he went face to face with him. I need to stop here......I feel all the love coming out again and it's too close to the start of the season to get banned from here.

Happy not to live up to Chronic's expectations.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#19 : June 30, 2007, 10:23:21 AM

Good lord people... why do you even let him get to you? The problem is that over there it was 90% pro-Gruden until last year and that it is when it went the other way. You only had PMI and his little crony RRodkey. But due to the horrible job of coaching and executing the tide changed. There are quality posters that are TRUE Buccaneers fans over there and over here. But some people just let the shenanigans get to them.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#20 : June 30, 2007, 10:51:00 AM

Its a very interesting phenomenon TBBB  that's why the discussion.  Its even funnier that the discussions that go on here are referred to on  TBBB (lurkers).  Must be very difficult for several to bite their tongues and not respond here.

But JAVA and others are right regarding the officialness of that board.

ryan24

Hall of Famer

#21 : June 30, 2007, 12:01:19 PM

TBBB is tending toward an anti Glazer-anti Gruden-anti Allen cult where "hate" has replace rational discussion of x's and o's.   Many of us old TBBB posters just quit posting or left the board because of the same endless arguments that were driving the discussions.  That's what happens in a vacuum when you don't have fresh info like you get at PR.com

In all honesty that won't change unless or until the Bucs start to win again. If they don't the argument will in time be passed on to the coach in '08 and beyond. Not necessarily by the same coaches but the criticism will be there with some of the same irrationalities we see in arguing against Gruden....and I'm not implying that all arguments against Gruden are irrational by any means.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

ryan24

Hall of Famer

#22 : June 30, 2007, 12:03:21 PM

I thought to do an extensive "data analysis" of the TBBB to quantify what I perceived to be a 360 change in the informative environment over there, since logging in as a member.  However, after tallying only about 1% of the information, I bailed out.  The need to know wasn't worth the effort.  Because some interesting stats were revealed in that small data pool, I created a thread to share some of the details.  The thread was deleted in a flash.  No one has notified me regarding the "why" of the deletion.  I reread the rules and checked my messages, but found no indication of rule violation.

I basically noted four things to explain the following image: (1) that within the last two years of my board membership, the board had negatively changed, (2) that there was a possibility that my own membership fueled that change (3) Bucs fans hate other Buc fans (4) that one unnamed person consistently stood out as a thread hijacker.

Some things just go straight over my head, and wondered if someone could give me a heads-up as to why the thread might have been deleted.  My response to anyone who criticizes me for asking...Meh! 

Where did you post this? If you put it on the team discussions it was probably deleted because the subject was about the board members which would relegate it to the off topics board. If you posted it there, and it was deleted, you offended someone in power.

There is a nazi mentality among the moderators there and any discussion is at their option. They may have us beat in quantity, but we have them beat in quality. We know who the moderators are here and we can communicate with them.

There is a negative bias against the team that seems to be condoned by their administrators. Our guys are more objective. They don't hesitate to call it like they see it.

Since I believe some of the moderators are amongst the instigators of the anti Gruden sentiment...I'd say the board actually encourages it.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

creekchub00

Starter

#23 : June 30, 2007, 05:03:54 PM

The shenanigans have been going on over there for years, close to seven now I think. Just recently the anti-gruden sentiment has grown stronger. If that is all that is upsetting you over the (anti-Gruden menality) then you are fine. HAHA There are fine sites like PR, BucsStats, and my own thecaptainsdeck.net that have news, information, and forums that can satisfy your needs.
Funny chart BTW.

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#24 : June 30, 2007, 07:08:13 PM

For the life of me I can't understand the idle time thing - if you had idle time why would you go there? I don't need to quanitfy how bad an earthquake is or car crash or how much life a set of flourescent light bulbs sucks out of me in 8 hours, I know those things suck.

TBBB has at it's base a group of "old timers" that are negative but very protective of there status and turf. The view any new person as a threat to their domain. They pounce on newcomers to bully and intimidate them into following, leaving, or to baiting them to get them banned. Getting any new poster banned is their sport. It is as much sport to them as a computer geek finds in designing a virus that takes down your home computer.

I liken them to a pack of dogs waiting for the next unsuspecting house dog to be let out to wander in to streetfight. If you let them they will intimidate, bully and bait you - and then when you begin to defend yourself intelligently they either sic the Nazi MODS on you, or they ARE the MODs and they ban you. They do this with impunity. It is my contention that the MODs deliberately instigate/by-post. Due to their pitiful, low paying and meaningless jobs, they seek to gain some level of satisfaction by exerting control over any "newbies". Their lives seem to cry out "...I may be miserable and pitiful, but at least I can ruin your day...".

Other than that, it's a great place to visit - not stay - just visit. It causes you to feel all warm and fuzzy about this place.

Incomparable sig by Incognito

34swtns

Practice Squad

#25 : June 30, 2007, 10:17:04 PM

The TBBB is the WORST run sports message board I've ever run across, hands down.

The "mods" there are one step below nazis who will suspend you at will with no warning even if no rule has been violated.
I'm living proof of that. Those pusswahs don't even give you the opportunity to communicate with them to inquire what happened. Total gutless sissies.
The member rolls over there have degenerated into a group of individuals, (juveniles, I suppose), who routinely use the threads to see who can post the best smart-a$$ remark or to simply bait the original poster into a fight, all the while never addressing the posted topic.

THAT BOARD SUCKS to the highest measure of SUCK and I wish it the fate that it deserves......shut down.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#26 : June 30, 2007, 11:10:49 PM

How is that I have had knock down drag out fights with nearly every veteran (including the one who claims that the board is his) and I have never been banned? Some of you people need to learn how to keep your cool, by the way Buc2 errr BucBuckeye your sig gives you away.

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#27 : June 30, 2007, 11:38:49 PM

How is that I have had knock down drag out fights with nearly every veteran (including the one who claims that the board is his) and I have never been banned? Some of you people need to learn how to keep your cool, by the way Buc2 errr BucBuckeye your sig gives you away.

Not trying to hide it corpse - Boid helped me with it. It was the first attempt at designing my own sig. It's rough, but it will work.

Come on though - it was the content of my posts that made you think twice about the sig wasn't it?

I'm not banned.

#28 : July 01, 2007, 12:13:12 AM

How is that I have had knock down drag out fights with nearly every veteran (including the one who claims that the board is his) and I have never been banned?

Because you're a loyal Gruden basher.

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#29 : July 01, 2007, 12:26:08 AM

How is that I have had knock down drag out fights with nearly every veteran (including the one who claims that the board is his) and I have never been banned?

Because you're a loyal Gruden basher.

That's a bump-worthy post!

Corpse, you must admit this is kinda funny ~ who in the world would argue with you, there? Are you what passes for pro-Gruden there?

Because the MODS obviously like those that bash Gruden - and give full run to those that bash those that support Gruden. And you know it..

You were in some heated discussions here with only one thing to say, but folks like dbucfan gave you a chance and were good to you (I'm not sure why he did, but many are giving you some space out of respect for him).

Too bad you couldn't have been as gracious to others in that otherdomain.

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Question RE TBBB Threads « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools