Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: If Gruden persuades Plummer to come... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
: March 27, 2007, 05:26:30 PM

No.

Garcvia has stated that competition is healthy.

Ladyfan

Hall of Famer
#1 : March 27, 2007, 05:25:24 PM

don't you think Garcia would throw a fit?  Because for sure we'd trade Simms mainly because altho he may or may not grow as a QB, he's not a fit for our offense and Grads is just as good or bad...

But if Plummer did show up here to play for real...and I was Garcia,  ???I think I would simply explode into a million pieces. [banghead]

Wouldn't you guys agree? :-*

redbeard10

Hall of Famer
#2 : March 27, 2007, 05:28:47 PM

I think Garcia would welcome the challenge. I do think it would spell the end for Chris though.

ordinary

Second String

#3 : March 27, 2007, 05:29:22 PM

We would trade Plummer,hopefully.

bucs1

Practice Squad
#4 : March 27, 2007, 05:31:46 PM

Garcia will welcome competition and say that competition is healthy, but deep down inside he would probally be a little upset.

whobdis

Pro Bowler

#5 : March 27, 2007, 05:34:19 PM

I would think Garcia has been around long enough to know how this works.

Ladyfan

Hall of Famer
#6 : March 27, 2007, 05:38:56 PM

Yeah but Plummer is a lot more competition than Simms IMO. 

I'd like to see Simms succeed.  And I think he'd do better with a pocket system like...Colts or even da Bears...

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#7 : March 27, 2007, 05:54:52 PM

Garcia will welcome competition and say that competition is healthy, but deep down inside he would probally be a little upset.

Bingo, people actually believe the crap athletes say?

Recall, the rumored reason garcia broekn down with OAK was that they'd draft a QB.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Snook

Hall of Famer

#8 : March 27, 2007, 06:00:36 PM

Why do so many people make a stink over all of our QBs?  Even if Plummer, Garcia and Simms are our 3 QBs on roster, we're still around $10 million TOTAL for quarterbacks - which is what some teams pay for just ONE.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#9 : March 27, 2007, 06:11:09 PM

Why do so many people make a stink over all of our QBs?  Even if Plummer, Garcia and Simms are our 3 QBs on roster, we're still around $10 million TOTAL for quarterbacks - which is what some teams pay for just ONE.

Yes but our 3 $10m worth of QB's aren't as good as one of their $10m QB *

* Atlanta being the exception

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#10 : March 27, 2007, 06:16:55 PM

Yea Dal - but one of the 10 mil guys is not available - if they were it would be different.  Right now, this is the best hand the bucs could get on qbs, we will see how the draft goes.  And here is hoping they can Plummer on track, bc the draft is one time when values for trades are high. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#11 : March 27, 2007, 06:19:40 PM

Yea Dal - but one of the 10 mil guys is not available - if they were it would be different.  Right now, this is the best hand the bucs could get on qbs, we will see how the draft goes.

It is a pretty sad QB list to be honest. Still think that short of Thomas the QB has to be the pick because what we've got ain't much.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#12 : March 27, 2007, 06:26:08 PM

I wasn't braggin' on them - but there was little else that could be done - and no I won't be surprised if we see either Russell or Quinn - just wish I was close enough to have a valid opinion on why one would be favored over the other.  Russell has all the measureables, but I wonder how he would fit in, and Quinn just hasn't proven anything on the field - but he has nice measureables and Weiss if he was being truthful provided a huge recommendation for the kid.  Was Weiss telling the truth, or just helping a player.  Can Russell fit the WCO or would picking him be a waste of talent. 

Here's hoping we get the LOT, no one has questions about him.  LOL

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Lord Jenkins

Hall of Famer

#13 : March 27, 2007, 10:03:30 PM

Doesn't Plummer suck?

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#14 : March 27, 2007, 10:11:07 PM

I'm willing to go with Garcia as the starter, but I think I'm one of the few who would rather see Plummer start with Garcia as the BU.  I do think Simms could be traded, if Plummer agrees to return before the draft - pending we get at least a 2nd rounder [which might be asking too much].
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: If Gruden persuades Plummer to come... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools