Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: If Gruden persuades Plummer to come... « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6

Ladyfan

Hall of Famer
#75 : March 29, 2007, 03:27:42 PM

Dal, you got that right!

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#76 : March 29, 2007, 03:30:52 PM

I would think that is  what Gruden and Allen are hopig what happens is that both Garcia and Plummer show up ready to compete for the job because that would only add drive for both players to beat the next man and would allow the bucs to play the best guy

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

gone

Hall of Famer
#77 : March 29, 2007, 11:48:17 PM

I think people do tend to overrate Garcia.

His opposition last year wasn't that tough. Despite his gaudy stats his value adjusted for opponents was 18th in the league (http://footballoutsiders.com/stats/qb.php) - which is a huge leap over all our other QB's mind you.  When you look at how he did his damage he dumped 28% of all his completions to one man - Brian Westbrook. He's not gonna be doing that here. You also can look at his ypa which is more than a yard less than McNabb's despite the higher completion % he has. Again, he's dropping it off.

I don't think Jeff is gonna come in and be Philly Jeff but the thing is even a notch down from that he's still gonna be better than Simms and/or Gradkowksi.

He'll do that here.  Joey G will be the guy this time though.

The lack of a running back with hands will hurt him, but while Caddy's not a big recieving threat at this time, he's gotten better, and this could be a big step forward for him with Jeff dumping to him.

And I'm sure he won't be "philly Jeff", but like you said he'll still be better than our current crew.  But I still think that Jon is a better playcaller/oc than Reid, so I have this odd feeling he might just be better than "Philly Jeff"...

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#78 : March 30, 2007, 08:54:05 AM

he dumped 28% of all his completions to one man - Brian Westbrook. He's not gonna be doing that here.

He'll do that here.  Joey G will be the guy this time though.

Checking down to Westbrook is a different beast than tossing it deep to JoeyG. Garcai's strength has never been the deep ball. He's more Brad-ian in his skill set so dumping it to Westbrook is what eh wants to do, throwing it to Galloway is a much bigger issue for him.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#79 : March 30, 2007, 09:14:11 AM

Pittman may have a big year blocking for Caddy and catching the ball.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#80 : March 30, 2007, 09:16:13 AM

Yeah, Pittman lead blocking says Caddy won't have a big year running. Any plan that involves MORE Pittman says we need a new offensive mind running the show.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

gone

Hall of Famer
#81 : March 30, 2007, 10:26:15 AM

Yeah, Pittman lead blocking says Caddy won't have a big year running. Any plan that involves MORE Pittman says we need a new offensive mind running the show.

Why not?  He couldn't be any worse than Alstott blocking for Caddy.  And he can still run and catch...

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#82 : March 30, 2007, 10:59:06 AM

He couldn't be any worse than Alstott blocking for Caddy.  And he can still run and catch...

Agreed. Pittman was the best blocker the Bucs had in the backfield last year, and in fact despite not being an elite runner he is still the most well-rounded offensive threat. His blocking is currently superior to Alstott's.

GatorChic

Practice Squad

#83 : March 30, 2007, 12:43:32 PM

I am not a Plummer fan but I can say confidentaly that he could beat out Simms.

You could take kids off of pee wee that could beat out Simms. Our QB bench is the most pathetic in the league, with the exception being the  Raiders. Not to say I'm for drafting a QB. We don't have another 5 years for "offensive guru" Gruden to take on another qb pet project that won't mature to anything under him.  In a perfect world, next offseason we pick up a franchise qb in free agency.

umguy1999

Practice Squad

#84 : March 30, 2007, 07:29:07 PM

Mobile QB's are overrated by all accounts, if you look at the better SB winning QB's how many are mobile? Brady, Manning, BJ, Warner, In fact McNabb who fell apart at the end of his SB is the only mobile QB that actually carried his team. Big Ben may be pretty mobile, but they won inspite of him beause he was like 42% competion no TD's and 2 INT's in his SB.

If you look at Garcia and see simply a mobile QB in the mold of McNabb, then you lack a fundamental understanding that will limit your ability to assess the fitness of a QB for this offense.

In a direct comparasin to Simms the only thing for certain Garcia does better is run it just depends on how you look at it, if you look at Lion or Brown Garcia, compared to Simms then I am not how anyone can say Garcia is clearly better. If you see anything in Garcia that tells you he can even hold McNabbs jock strap then you need to check your fundamental knowledge.
Garcia would probably be in a coma if he takes some of the shots Simms took last season. mobile or not. You are fooling yourself if you think Garcia would be here if he was not mobile, his Mobility is what sets him apart, on paper that is we will see what unfolds and I have a feeling you are in for a great dissapointment.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#85 : March 30, 2007, 07:47:27 PM

In a direct comparasin to Simms the only thing for certain Garcia does better is run it

Hard to believe that someone actually believes that.
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: If Gruden persuades Plummer to come... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools