Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Top 10 Remaining schedule « previous next »
Page: 1

: October 24, 2007, 10:18:01 PM

Who do you believe is truthfully the best team in the NCAA..

Not the team with the least amount of losses, but the BEST team

As much as I'd like to take USC, I say by week 12 UF.

If that team keeps progressing and growing, specifically on defense, they will be the best team by week 12.  They really should have beaten LSU, in LSU, with a team chock full of freshmen and sophs.  If they can pull it together and win out, face LSU again in the Sec title game, that team should have enough experience to finish LSU off next time. 

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#1 : October 24, 2007, 06:13:11 PM

I could see a situation where a 2 loss team (UF, or LSU if they lose another, or others) could climb back up and threaten to take the #2 spot.
If UF won out and beat LSU on a neutral field and OSU, the Virginia teams, BC, and Oregon all drop 1,  UF could leapfrog a few teams on ''name recognition'' and SOS.
If UMich wins out, strange thing could also happen. 

Could a 2 loss team make the big game?

dpc1192

Starter

#2 : October 24, 2007, 04:04:14 PM

USF wins out and they're back in it

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#3 : October 24, 2007, 04:41:49 PM

I doubt that, but hey let's win out and see where the chips fall.

BmoreBucsFan

Rookie

#4 : October 24, 2007, 04:41:07 PM

It will be West Virginia vs Oregon

Final score: WVU 134 - Oregon 115 in an offensive shootout.

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#5 : October 24, 2007, 05:39:02 PM

They'd have to have a lot more crazy crap happen .... not out of the question, but not likely.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#6 : October 24, 2007, 07:41:14 PM

I'd probably say LSU, but even that I'm not sure of.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#7 : October 23, 2007, 01:52:48 AM

I also think that injuries could change your team. If they find a way to over come them they have a very good chance. It is a shame that the injury bug bit Oregon because they were looking very good. I hope we do not see OSU Vs. SEC agian because the game will be the same as last season. OSU is way overrated. Far more so then USF was but we will see the season play out. LSU has not looked very good as of late either.

The injuries havent hurt Oregon yet. We lose Cameron Colvin whos whole career was a huge disapointment (came in as the 3rd best HS player in the country), and Jermiah Johnson who actually I thought could hurt us... but with Johnson out it means more carries for Stewart, and Oregons 3rd string RB Andre Crenshaw had 122 yards rushing this week. The only injury that is hurting us is Brian Paysinger he was are more consistent WR.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#8 : October 23, 2007, 01:49:47 AM

Actually, I can see USC beating you guys for no reason except how many injuries you have suffered here lately. You guys are beat up prtty bad. Not saying, just saying.

Yeah were beat up e**CENSORED**ally at WR have Aaron Pfulgard a 5'8 freshmen as are #3 WR... coaches kid, he played great saturday. WR is the only position I worry about. We have no speed WR with Derrick Jones suspended (may return this week), but with Jonathan Stewart at RB and probably the best OL in the country I think Oregon will just pound the rock.

BuckEmUp

Hall of Famer

#9 : October 22, 2007, 10:56:28 AM

I also think that injuries could change your team.  If they find a way to over come them they have a very good chance.  It is a shame that the injury bug bit Oregon because they were looking very good.  I hope we do not see OSU Vs. SEC agian because the game will be the same as last season.  OSU is way overrated.  Far more so then USF was but we will see the season play out.  LSU has not looked very good as of late either.

The play by the Auburn Oline going after the DT's knees was one of the worst things I have seen in football.  I was rooting to Auburn up to that point.  I hope they loose all the games they have left.

Swolf

Practice Squad

#10 : October 22, 2007, 09:25:28 AM

Actually, I can see USC beating you guys for no reason except how many injuries you have suffered here lately. You guys are beat up prtty bad. Not saying, just saying.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#11 : October 22, 2007, 02:45:16 AM

tOSU (#1) - @ Penn St ***, v Wiscy, v Illinois, @ Michigan ***

BC (#2) - @ Virginia Tech ***, v Florida St, @ Maryland, @ Clemson, v Miami (Fl), ACC Champ (currently they would play Virginia *** or Virginia Tech ***)

LSU (#3) - @ Alabama ***, v Louisiana Tech, @ Ole Miss, v Arkansas, SEC Champ (currently they would play S Carolina ***, Florida *** or Georgia ***)

ASU (#4) - v Cal ***, @ Oregon ***, @ UCLA, v USC ***, Arizona

Oregon (#5) - v USC ***, v ASU ***, @ Ariz, @ UCLA, v OSU

Oklahoma (#6) - v Tex A&M, v Baylor, @ Tex Tech, v Okie St, Big 12 Champ (currently they would play Kansas ***)

West Virginia (#7) - @ Rutgers, v L'ville, @ Cincy, v UConn ***, v Pitt

Virginia Tech (#8) - v BC ***, @ GT, v Florida St, v Miami (Fl), @ Virginia ***, ACC Champ (currently would play BC ***)

Kansas (#9) - @ Tex A&M, v Neb, @ Okie St, v Iowa St, v Missouri ***, Big 12 Champ game (currently they would play Oklahoma ***)

South Florida (#10) - @ UConn ***, v Cincy, @ Syracuse, v L'ville, @ Pitt

My prediction...
OSU loses at Michigan
BC loses at VT and Clemson
LSU wins out but may lose in the SEC championship game
ASU loses at Oregon and maybe this week vs Cal
Oregon... I think 50/50 drops 1 of the next 2 if not they win out
OU... doesnt play anybody thats why teams are jumping them
WVU... probably loses to Rutgers or Cincy
VT... lose @ Virginia
KU... still think loses one or 2
USF... prob wins out

My prediction

Oregon vs LSU...

Oregon should have the strength of schedule to get into the top 2 if OSU or LSU lose. All I know is Im cheering Michigan on like no other, and hoping ASU beats Cal this week Oregon beats USC so in 2 weeks ASU vs Oregon should be a 3-4 matchup assuming BC shows how overrated they are this week.

LSU... should be favored here on out, only test they make get is Bama after that its the SEC championship game

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#12 : October 22, 2007, 07:25:54 AM

Predicting Oregon in the Championship game?

SHOCKER

Hey Im not the only one. They will have the strength of schedule and there hardest opponents they play at home here on out.

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#13 : October 22, 2007, 07:17:26 AM

Predicting Oregon in the Championship game?

SHOCKER

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM
 \"The bet is off now.\"12/10 1:24 PM

dpc1192

Starter

#14 : October 24, 2007, 06:46:44 PM

Who do you believe is truthfully the best team in the NCAA..

Not the team with the least amount of losses, but the BEST team

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Top 10 Remaining schedule « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools