Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: USF gets Robbed and Mugged « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6

escobar

Hall of Famer

#75 : October 18, 2007, 09:59:51 PM

OK Einsteins, you are both right although a guy in the booth and two professional commentators all concurred on what actually happened. ::)

It's common sense MJS, try and use some. When you are carrying the ball and it's instantly knocked loose you have no time to think about anything. Natural reaction takes over and you try to grasp at the ball, of course it's going to go foward when you are running forward and the guys tackling you are coming from behind. Did you think the ball had a chance of bouncing backwards? Like I said, argue for the first if you want even though he clearly tried to grab the ball and was hit, but the second was a fumble whether you want to admit it or not.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#76 : October 18, 2007, 09:58:30 PM

There's one thing to think (ok know) what his intent is.  It's another thing to tell me that by looking at that replay in which he is hit from behind while bobbling the ball, that he was propelling the ball forward.  Where was the review on the coach running on the field while the ball was in play.

Then there's two questionable holding calls, a ridiculous tainting the crowd (huh), and at least one horrible nonholding call.

I've never been one for conspiracy theories, but I'm becoming su**CENSORED**ious.

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#77 : October 18, 2007, 09:50:52 PM

USF is a big threat to a lot of people with a lot of money at stake.

What did you expect to happen? When you threaten people who have money. They will do everything they possibly can to burn you.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#78 : October 18, 2007, 11:01:44 PM

STs has killed us.  Two missed FGs, two fakes lead to points, long return helped pin us back, stupid penalty moved them itno our territory and led to the last FG.

They had a couple of muffed punts, but only one led to points.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#79 : October 18, 2007, 09:50:33 PM

OK Einsteins, you are both right although a guy in the booth and two professional commentators all concurred on what actually happened.   ::)

escobar

Hall of Famer

#80 : October 18, 2007, 09:39:29 PM

Once USF got ranked as high as they did I knew this kind of BS was going to start happening. At first I thought the ball was batted forward twice too, it looked that way in real time. But after watching the replays it was obvious, or at the very least very possible, that both balls were indeed fumbled not batted. And even with the "very possible" stance that still is supposed to be enough to let the play stand. Combine that play with the garbage celebration penalty on our last TD, and it's clear USF is facing much more than their schedule for the rest of this season.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#81 : October 18, 2007, 09:37:42 PM

Both players made sure the ball went forward, and that is not allowed.   

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#82 : October 18, 2007, 09:30:47 PM

I guess I've never seen them throw a flag on a review, ever, either in college or pro.  For him to through the football forward he has to have possession.  the call has to be one of the worst calls in the history of the game.
The second forward through was clearly a fumble pbeing knocked from his arms. 

NovaBuc

Starter

#83 : October 18, 2007, 10:57:40 PM

My personal opinion is if it was only one fumble like that, it would not have been overturned. I think with the two, there was the belief it was intentional. Regardless, USF should not have let the play matter. They are seeming to self destruct now with mental errors. Watching this it is amazing that we are only down by 7, possibly 10 after this kick... now 10.

escobar

Hall of Famer

#84 : October 18, 2007, 10:02:52 PM

Nope, my eyes are quite dry, thanks though. Let me guess though, a call that took a touchdown off the board and swung the momentum doesn't matter, right?

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#85 : October 18, 2007, 09:47:43 PM

Again, there is no way in the world anyone will ever convince me that either situation was premeditated in order to score a TD.  One of the WORST calls in college football history; considering that they had replay to review to come up with that crap.

escobar

Hall of Famer

#86 : October 18, 2007, 09:43:47 PM

Both players made sure the ball went forward, and that is not allowed.

How anyone can come to that conclusion is beyond me. Argue the first if you want but the second is not even debatable, it was a fumble. The guy had the ball knocked loose and your first reaction is to grab it with your other hand, it obviously bounced off that hand and went forward. You mean to tell me in that fraction of a second when the ball came loose he had time to think to himself that he needs to now bat the ball forward? The entire sequence occured faster than a blink of the eye, yet he meant to bat it forward? Give me a break.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#87 : October 18, 2007, 10:11:42 PM

The fumbles could go either way and are a judgement call. Sometimes you get those calls, sometimes you don't. The flag *after* the replay review is astonishing to me and something I did not know was even possible. Made a difference in the game as I think the field goal would have been good from the distance before the penalty was marched off.

Agreed!  but the Bulls moved the ball before Grothe was sacked for a big loss, then they went for a FG.

escobar

Hall of Famer

#88 : October 18, 2007, 10:19:21 PM

Yeah it could mean nothing when it's all said and done. I just assumed these kinds of calls were going to start popping up against USF now that they are in one of the national championship spots, and it looks like it has started.
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: USF gets Robbed and Mugged « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools