Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Okoye at Louisville's Pro Day Impresses « previous next »
Page: 1 2

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#15 : March 28, 2007, 11:32:08 AM

Good info in this thread guys.

How exactly do they measure the explosion dal?

It is something I got from a Kirwin article in which he explained how he used the combine numbers. The explosion is a measure of bench reps+vertical jump+braod jump.

Okoye is 29 reprs + 30 vertical + 9.25 broad = 68.25 but I usually round up or down on the fractions.

Whole article is here: http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/8322692

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer
#16 : March 28, 2007, 11:42:29 AM

Great stuff - Dal.

BucsnNoles

Pro Bowler

#17 : March 28, 2007, 11:50:01 AM

Adams = 70
Anderson = 64.5
Carriker = 75.5

A big freak you didn't ask about was Charles Johnson = 77 and Jay Moore from Nebraska who looked good at the senior bowl maybe is that good he's a 70 as well. Anthony Spencer is a 71 as well.

I'm really hoping that Spencer drops to our 2a pick and we grab him.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#18 : March 28, 2007, 12:21:30 PM

There will be a good DE at the top of round 2.  But if the Bucs draft a center or guard with the 2a I will cry. :(

acacius

Hall of Famer

#19 : March 28, 2007, 12:25:22 PM

There will be a good DE at the top of round 2. But if the Bucs draft a center or guard with the 2a I will cry. :(

Unless Griffin happens to slip that far, I really think our 2a pick is the place to take a DE.  Sure, Adams and Anderson are better DE prospects, but in terms of value, I think we're better off waiting past our first pick.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#20 : March 28, 2007, 12:28:33 PM

When is Tank Tyler supposed to be drafted (projected)?

acacius

Hall of Famer

#21 : March 28, 2007, 12:29:51 PM

Late first/early second as far I know.  I don't think he's a particularly good fit for the team, however.

CeriousBuc

Practice Squad

#22 : March 28, 2007, 12:31:24 PM

Also I found Tommie Harris's number as he was a 70 and he came out when he was 20 BTW whihc I'd forgotten.

Speaks of his potential. 70 isn't all that great, but he developed into a beast of a DT. BUt again, we know that Production trumps potential in the first round, especially in the Top 10 picks.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#23 : March 28, 2007, 12:32:44 PM

Also I found Tommie Harris's number as he was a 70 and he came out when he was 20 BTW whihc I'd forgotten.

Speaks of his potential. 70 isn't all that great, but he developed into a beast of a DT. BUt again, we know that Production trumps potential in the first round, especially in the Top 10 picks.

*cough*Carricker*cough* ;)

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#24 : March 28, 2007, 12:34:58 PM

If we can trade down a bit from #4 I'd love to pick a DE in the first and at 2a

CeriousBuc

Practice Squad

#25 : March 28, 2007, 12:37:27 PM

No need to cough ADW. Carriker appears to be a much better prospect than Jamaal Anderson and because of his versatility may be a better value than Gaines Adams. I'd love to find a trade partner to swap picks in the first and gain an extra second (or more) and get a player like Carriker.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#26 : March 28, 2007, 12:40:15 PM

No need to cough ADW. Carriker appears to be a much better prospect than Jamaal Anderson and because of his versatility may be a better value than Gaines Adams. I'd love to find a trade partner to swap picks in the first and gain an extra second (or more) and get a player like Carriker.

I'm in!  Where do I sign?

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#27 : March 28, 2007, 12:41:25 PM

I made a precition the Bucs would draft Carricker in a thread I started a while ago (with CJ and JT off the board) even though I love Batman (Gaines).

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#28 : March 28, 2007, 12:49:34 PM

Late first/early second as far I know. I don't think he's a particularly good fit for the team, however.
Just curious is all.  He is more of a Alan Branch type run stuffer, space eater.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Okoye at Louisville's Pro Day Impresses « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools