Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Okoye at Louisville's Pro Day Impresses « previous next »
Page: 1 2

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#15 : March 28, 2007, 11:32:08 AM

Good info in this thread guys.

How exactly do they measure the explosion dal?

It is something I got from a Kirwin article in which he explained how he used the combine numbers. The explosion is a measure of bench reps+vertical jump+braod jump.

Okoye is 29 reprs + 30 vertical + 9.25 broad = 68.25 but I usually round up or down on the fractions.

Whole article is here: http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/8322692

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer
#16 : March 28, 2007, 11:42:29 AM

Great stuff - Dal.

BucsnNoles

Pro Bowler

#17 : March 28, 2007, 11:50:01 AM

Adams = 70
Anderson = 64.5
Carriker = 75.5

A big freak you didn't ask about was Charles Johnson = 77 and Jay Moore from Nebraska who looked good at the senior bowl maybe is that good he's a 70 as well. Anthony Spencer is a 71 as well.

I'm really hoping that Spencer drops to our 2a pick and we grab him.

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#18 : March 28, 2007, 12:21:30 PM

There will be a good DE at the top of round 2.  But if the Bucs draft a center or guard with the 2a I will cry. :(

acacius

Hall of Famer

#19 : March 28, 2007, 12:25:22 PM

There will be a good DE at the top of round 2. But if the Bucs draft a center or guard with the 2a I will cry. :(

Unless Griffin happens to slip that far, I really think our 2a pick is the place to take a DE.  Sure, Adams and Anderson are better DE prospects, but in terms of value, I think we're better off waiting past our first pick.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#20 : March 28, 2007, 12:28:33 PM

When is Tank Tyler supposed to be drafted (projected)?

acacius

Hall of Famer

#21 : March 28, 2007, 12:29:51 PM

Late first/early second as far I know.  I don't think he's a particularly good fit for the team, however.

CeriousBuc

Practice Squad

#22 : March 28, 2007, 12:31:24 PM

Also I found Tommie Harris's number as he was a 70 and he came out when he was 20 BTW whihc I'd forgotten.

Speaks of his potential. 70 isn't all that great, but he developed into a beast of a DT. BUt again, we know that Production trumps potential in the first round, especially in the Top 10 picks.

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#23 : March 28, 2007, 12:32:44 PM

Also I found Tommie Harris's number as he was a 70 and he came out when he was 20 BTW whihc I'd forgotten.

Speaks of his potential. 70 isn't all that great, but he developed into a beast of a DT. BUt again, we know that Production trumps potential in the first round, especially in the Top 10 picks.

*cough*Carricker*cough* ;)

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#24 : March 28, 2007, 12:34:58 PM

If we can trade down a bit from #4 I'd love to pick a DE in the first and at 2a

CeriousBuc

Practice Squad

#25 : March 28, 2007, 12:37:27 PM

No need to cough ADW. Carriker appears to be a much better prospect than Jamaal Anderson and because of his versatility may be a better value than Gaines Adams. I'd love to find a trade partner to swap picks in the first and gain an extra second (or more) and get a player like Carriker.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#26 : March 28, 2007, 12:40:15 PM

No need to cough ADW. Carriker appears to be a much better prospect than Jamaal Anderson and because of his versatility may be a better value than Gaines Adams. I'd love to find a trade partner to swap picks in the first and gain an extra second (or more) and get a player like Carriker.

I'm in!  Where do I sign?

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#27 : March 28, 2007, 12:41:25 PM

I made a precition the Bucs would draft Carricker in a thread I started a while ago (with CJ and JT off the board) even though I love Batman (Gaines).

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#28 : March 28, 2007, 12:49:34 PM

Late first/early second as far I know. I don't think he's a particularly good fit for the team, however.
Just curious is all.  He is more of a Alan Branch type run stuffer, space eater.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Okoye at Louisville's Pro Day Impresses « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools