Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Joe Thomas and Ryan Kalil Combine films « previous next »
Page: 1

: March 27, 2007, 11:11:41 PM

Joe Thomas

Ryan Kalil

bucs1

Practice Squad
#1 : March 27, 2007, 11:15:15 PM

Thanks for posting.

NativeOfTheBay

Second String

#2 : March 27, 2007, 11:34:35 PM

I really hope we can get Joe. Freak of Nature.

#3 : March 28, 2007, 08:42:01 AM

Thanks for posting.

No Prob...I am excited most about Kalil...I think if the draft goes with Russell first Thomas will be gone by TB
Kalil however looks like he will be a solid center for a long time. I love his technique and his power

redtab78

Pro Bowler
#4 : March 28, 2007, 08:47:20 AM

i want both of these guys....pick 1 for JT, and 2a for Kalil.....wow what a line we would have!!!!!

Anyone who thinks Tim Tebow will be a great NFL QB is an idiot.

BucLord

Starter

#5 : March 28, 2007, 09:05:42 AM

Kalil is just awesome. He's gonna be a pro-bowl center in a couple of years

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Marcia, Marcia, Marcia

It's always about Marcia

#6 : March 28, 2007, 09:49:14 AM

I would love to get JT and Kalil with the first two picks but if they went O-line twice again the media down here would be arranging a lynching.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#7 : March 28, 2007, 09:57:20 AM

I would love to get JT and Kalil with the first two picks but if they went O-line twice again the media down here would be arranging a lynching.

It is stone cold overkill at that point. You'd have 5 R1 or R2 players on the line and you really don't need that much. You need 2 anchors and 3 guys that can hold their own if you look at most good lines - one of those good players appears to always be the LOT. We've burned our "anchor" picks last year getting non-anchors but H20 under the bridge that that whiff we get Thomas and pretty much everything else on the line should, assuming R1 OG plays like his draft position says he should, the rest of the guys just need to be in the good enough category.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

BucLord

Starter

#8 : March 28, 2007, 09:58:20 AM

Wouldnt have a problem with that at all. However Kiffen was the OC at USC so the Raiders might take Kalil with the 1st pick in rd 2, but something tells me if Staley is there they could go with him since the Raiders signed center Jeremey Newberry from the Niners

But I could definately live JT and Kalil, along with Trueblood and Joseph, I'd say were pretty much locked down to a very solid OL the next 5-7 years

Marcia, Marcia, Marcia

It's always about Marcia

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#9 : March 28, 2007, 09:59:08 AM

I agree it would be overkill and that is why I am against Kalil.  Not to mention I do not think he is the best center in the draft heading into the pros.

BucLord

Starter

#10 : March 28, 2007, 10:00:41 AM

I agree it would be overkill and that is why I am against Kalil.  Not to mention I do not think he is the best center in the draft heading into the pros.

Who do think is better? certainly not Datish? that dude got destroyed at the Senior Bowl.

Marcia, Marcia, Marcia

It's always about Marcia

whobdis

Pro Bowler

#11 : March 28, 2007, 10:01:16 AM

They probably would..because they know little about building a team. Growing up in Ohio I was a Bengal fan when
Paul Brown ran the team. The man put all the money into his line...this was when they had Munoz. They would cycle through
running backs..qbs..but whoever was back there would do well because of the great line. His idiot son took over and
started using high picks for skill positions and let the line go. Of course Paul Brown was a coach and knew what was important.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#12 : March 28, 2007, 10:01:35 AM

I agree it would be overkill and that is why I am against Kalil.  Not to mention I do not think he is the best center in the draft heading into the pros.

I like Kalil and if we'd not picked R1 OG last year I'd love a double dip of Kalil and Thomas but now, we can't do that based on last year....of course if we'd done our job right last we'd not need Joe Thomas either so what can you do.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

redtab78

Pro Bowler
#13 : March 28, 2007, 12:37:13 PM

what about Okoye then package R3, and 2b to raiders for the pist pick in rd 2, and take Kalil....

that would give us Okoye, Kalil, and a good SS at 2A

Anyone who thinks Tim Tebow will be a great NFL QB is an idiot.

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Joe Thomas and Ryan Kalil Combine films « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools