Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Here's what Tampa needs tonight, and this weekend to happen.. « previous next »
Page: 1

ToddyBuc

Hall of Famer

« : October 23, 2006, 03:43:48 PM »

St Louis at San Diego lose 4-3
Seattle at Kansas City lose 4-3 no Hassellbeck
Atlanta at Cincy lose 4-3
Tampa Bay at NYGiants  win 3-4
NY beats Dallas tonight 4-2,but then we beat them Sunday 4-3
Dallas lose tonight 3-3 then beat Carolina ..  Dallas 4-3 Carolina 4-4..

We would instantly be back in the playoff hunt..
And the thing about this is this really is not that far out of the possibilities of really happening..

Also would not mind a Baltimore win over the Saints ..5-2

Bucs-Lightning already World Champions. Rays Next!!!

GrudenFan63

Hall of Famer

« #1 : October 23, 2006, 03:59:38 PM »

There are too many "this and thats" for me to worry about right now. You don't take care of your end of the bargain, it doesn't matter what those other teams do on their ends.  :)

G-Snake

Rookie

« #2 : October 23, 2006, 04:06:11 PM »

GF63 has it right, you can't go relying on other teams to do you any favours. The best 'possible' situation would be for the Bucs to aim for 12-4, while obviously highly unlikely, the only team that influence the outcome of a season is that own team.

And if you want to look at it that way, You'd want the Saints, Seahawks, Bears, and Eagles to basically go undefeated the rest of the way, that way the rest of the teams pile up the losses, and then the Bucs have a better chance of picking up a wild card. This is looking like a season where a 9-7 team COULD make the playoffs if the Saints keep up their play, and a couple of crappy teams beat the 4-2'ish teams.

TURBO

Hall of Famer

« #3 : October 23, 2006, 04:22:52 PM »

and don't forget, we are running a rookie QB out there with our remaining schedule...

I love the last 2 wins, but c'mon guys...

ToddyBuc

Hall of Famer

« #4 : October 23, 2006, 04:24:51 PM »

I know what your saying there, but just this next week and tonight, that scenario would make me happy.  Going into that home game with the Saints..

WILLBLEE

Starter

« #5 : October 23, 2006, 04:31:56 PM »

I just hope Gints and Boys "beat the hell outta each other " tonight just as Gruden said on the radio.
Our D will give the "ugliest Manning" a tough game next week anyways.

ToddyBuc

Hall of Famer

« #6 : October 23, 2006, 04:34:21 PM »

I think Grads will get those deep passes working eventually..  We all know the O-line is playing better.  And the defense just went up against a  pretty good offense in Philly..

T

Hall of Famer

« #7 : October 23, 2006, 04:40:47 PM »

I just want them to continue to play hard and win games. I'm not thinking about playoff scenarios, at the begining of the season I said numerous times this isn't a playoff team. Let's see them play consistent defense and turnover free offense before we give them a chance at the playoffs.

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Here's what Tampa needs tonight, and this weekend to happen.. « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools