Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Top 10 most important Bucs D players in last 10 seasons? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

BucJam07

Hall of Famer

#30 : March 28, 2007, 02:04:05 PM

Big hits=/= great player
Bad coverage=/= good player

John Lynch folks

You are obviously clueless and never even saw Lynch play in his prime.

Yea he doesn't remember when we called him The Lynch Mob. I remember another big hitter in Charles Mincy. A great teams guy and powerful takler for a DB. Man those middle 90's teams were on thier way for sure.

Atleast I think it was Mincy who used to dance on the kickoffs and go pound someone afterwards.

You Can't Spell SCUM Without The

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#31 : March 28, 2007, 02:06:12 PM

1996-1999 Lynch was absolutely awesome.   He was still very good until around 2002 where he started losing a bit off his pop and a bit of his speed.

BucJam07

Hall of Famer

#32 : March 28, 2007, 02:09:46 PM

Anyone remember Lynch on Allred? Yea I bet Allred still doesn't remember that hit. Unfortunetly thier brother-in-laws. So you know Christmas is still a little wierd at the Allred house. Lynch gave him a concussion and I don't belive John? Allred played another down.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#33 : March 28, 2007, 02:12:37 PM

Anyone remember Lynch on Allred?

My favorite was the hit he put on Waddle back in the old sombrero.   It happened right in front of me.   He half killed him.   Waddle didn't get up for a while and when he did, his face was all bloody.   Damn, that was a hit!

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#34 : March 28, 2007, 02:15:20 PM

1. Sapp
2. Brooks
3. Rice
4. Barber
5. Hardy
6. Quarles
7. Lynch
8. Kelly
9. Culpepper
10. Abraham

Scary thing, fill in average players where there are gaps and have these guys play the guys on the offesnsive list. I think we might be able to classify that game as a war crime.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

BucJam07

Hall of Famer

#35 : March 28, 2007, 02:17:51 PM

1. Sapp
2. Brooks
3. Rice
4. Barber
5. Hardy
6. Quarles
7. Lynch
8. Kelly
9. Culpepper
10. Abraham

Scary thing, fill in average players where there are gaps and have these guys play the guys on the offesnsive list. I think we might be able to classify that game as a war crime.

No doubt.

BucJam07

Hall of Famer

#36 : March 28, 2007, 02:19:06 PM

Anyone remember Lynch on Allred?

My favorite was the hit he put on Waddle back in the old sombrero. It happened right in front of me. He half killed him. Waddle didn't get up for a while and when he did, his face was all bloody. Damn, that was a hit!

I can't say I remember that one, but it definetly sounds of a Lynch Mob moment.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#37 : March 28, 2007, 02:20:32 PM

McKay admitted that him and Wyche decided back in the day to make one side of the ball extremely strong and hope the other side could do at least something to help win the games.   They thought Defense was the more important side of the ball and stocked it up.   That continued on with Dungy.    The offense suffered for sure, but we won a superbowl when Gruden came in and was able to generate just enough offense in the playoffs to win it all.

#38 : March 28, 2007, 02:36:40 PM

Big hits=/= great player
Bad coverage=/= good player

John Lynch folks

You are obviously clueless and never even saw Lynch play in his prime.
Whatever yousay Java.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#39 : March 28, 2007, 02:39:15 PM

Whatever yousay Java.

When you can recall a few of his highlight plays from 96-99, then I'll think you know what you are talking about.   Until then, I think you have no idea how good John Lynch was.   I honestly don't think you have ever seen him play when he was good.   If you didn't see the games going back 10 years ago, then it's difficult for you to comment on a list of players from the last 10 years.   Maybe a 5 year list would be better.

BucJam07

Hall of Famer

#40 : March 28, 2007, 02:59:24 PM

Same with Donnie Abraham. He was a shutdown corner in the late 90's. The only reason besides money, he was let go is the development of Barber and Kelly.

#2Linebacker32

Starter

#41 : March 28, 2007, 05:58:12 PM

How come you guys are hating on Hardy Nickerson? He was the staple of this defense. even before Brooks, Sapp and Lynch the guy was here wrecking havoc. Who do you think groomed these three when they forst came into the leauge #56. I would put him at the top of the list if i had one

ordinary

Second String

#42 : March 28, 2007, 07:24:20 PM

1. Warren Sapp
2. Derrick Brooks
3. Hardy Nickerson
4. Donnie Abraham
5. Ronde Barber
6. Simeon Rice
7. Shelton Quarles
8. Brian Kelly
9. Brad Culpepper
10. Johny Lynch

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#43 : March 28, 2007, 10:23:56 PM

but good coaching helped Lynch.

Lynch was showing signs of greatness even in 95 before Dungy arrived.   Dungy didn't know much about him and put him on the bench in 96, starting Todd Scott ahead of him (a veteran brought over from the vikings) until Scott got hurt.   Then Lynch came in and set the world on fire.   I'm not so sure coaching was the key factor.   He was going to be a success no matter what.    We used to complain about Dungy benching Lynch every week in 96 until Scott got hurt.   He was becoming one of our favorite players back in 95 and to have him on the bench was a crime.   We lost our first 5 games in 96, and I think the fact that Lynch wasn't on the field was a big factor in that.

But I'm glad to hear he was at least number 11.   LOL!    (Dexter in his prime couldn't carry Lynch's jock in his prime though).

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#44 : March 28, 2007, 10:06:46 PM

Same with Donnie Abraham. He was a shutdown corner in the late 90's. The only reason besides money, he was let go is the development of Barber and Kelly.

I loved Abraham.   I was actually mad when they let him go.    There are a few players through the years the Bucs let go that really pissed me off to see them leave.   That list consists of John Lynch, Donnie Abraham, Steve Young, Doug Williams, Ricky Reynolds, Ron Heller, and Steve Christie.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Top 10 most important Bucs D players in last 10 seasons? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools