Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: WOW... Cold Pizzas, Skip Bayless' remarks on bucs winning kick « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

G-Snake

Rookie

#15 : October 23, 2006, 04:02:33 PM

Take media opinions as a grain of sand. In all honesty, the reason these people ARE in media, and are dubbed as 'experts', is because they're too useless to do anything else with their lives, and in the cases of retired athletes being 'expert opinions', it means they're too lazy to go out and do something productive, like earn a real job, or become a coach/ambassador somewhere.

Everytime I hear 'opinions' from the media or 'experts', it makes me laugh, these people are all clowns. You guys all watched the game, all love the Bucs, so take what you seen as the definitive truth, not what some jock clown expresses.

miamicanes04

Hall of Famer

#16 : October 23, 2006, 04:17:57 PM

Woody & Skip are both a joke, their opinions are worthless.

Garv

Hall of Famer
#17 : October 23, 2006, 04:22:41 PM

Take media opinions as a grain of sand. In all honesty, the reason these people ARE in media, and are dubbed as 'experts', is because they're too useless to do anything else with their lives, and in the cases of retired athletes being 'expert opinions', it means they're too lazy to go out and do something productive, like earn a real job, or become a coach/ambassador somewhere.

Everytime I hear 'opinions' from the media or 'experts', it makes me laugh, these people are all clowns. You guys all watched the game, all love the Bucs, so take what you seen as the definitive truth, not what some jock clown expresses.

A LOT of truth there.

We are all here because we are NOT all there.....
As always, GO BUCS!!!

T

Hall of Famer

#18 : October 23, 2006, 04:53:57 PM

I'd like to see Skip Bayless,Jay Mariotti,Stephen A. Smith, Jim Rome & Jay Glazer put the pads on and even attempt to play football in the NFL. These guys were all losers in High School who had to beg for sex.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#19 : October 24, 2006, 01:08:25 AM

Skip Bayless is an idiot. He has no idea what he's talking about.  Place kicking should be abolished??????? That was one of the greatest kicks of all time! How can you try to dissolve an effort like that?

Skip bayless does QVC shows.

He is a goon.  WTF does a guy who sells "jaw strenghtheners" know about football?  I think Skip is about the worst thing about ESPN.  I would rather listen to Irvin, than Bayless.

rocketspeed

Practice Squad

#20 : October 24, 2006, 05:25:28 AM

I don't know who's worse, Skip & his goons or MNF with Theisman & his bunch. I truly hope all these idiots are replaced.

gousfbulls

Starter

#21 : October 24, 2006, 08:45:26 AM

To this day, Skip Gayless still insists that the only reason that the Bucs won the Super Bowl was because Gannon had a bad day; in other words, they would've beat us any other time.

What a turd.

fofstray

Second String

#22 : October 24, 2006, 12:55:57 PM

Skippy is a little weasel who was thrown out of the Cowboys locker room and run out of town after he wrote a tell-all tome from comments that were supposedly off the record. A little back stabbing clown who deserves no thought.

Garv

Hall of Famer
#23 : October 25, 2006, 09:13:43 AM

Guys like Bayless make ALL writers look bad and it's a shame. There are plenty of good ones in the profession.

We are all here because we are NOT all there.....
As always, GO BUCS!!!

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#24 : October 24, 2006, 11:20:48 PM

To this day, Skip Gayless still insists that the only reason that the Bucs won the Super Bowl was because Gannon had a bad day; in other words, they would've beat us any other time.

What a turd.
  5 ints--3 for TDs. That's a super bad day at the office! Skip doesn't believe D wins games? The best D beat the best O that day & would again, Skippy!

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#25 : October 25, 2006, 12:19:47 AM

He should stick to QVC.  HE is a moron.

Criticism
Bayless is viewed by many readers as a sensationalist because he makes many outlandish remarks and predictions pertaining to popular or controversial sports topics. For example, Bayless claimed on ESPN's Cold Pizza that Josh Howard's "time-out" in Game 5 of the 2006 NBA Finals was "the worst call in sports history."

Bayless is also criticized in his writing skills for not using sufficient statistics to support his arguments, which in turn generate a larger readership. An example of this can be found in his allegations that Dallas Cowboys quarterback Troy Aikman was a homosexual. Bayless did not cite any sufficient sources to support his claim, although sales of his book spiked when the allegations made headlines. He has also drawn the mockery of fellow Page 2 correspondent Bill Simmons on multiple occasions.

He enjoys baiting Ohio State fans by often bringing up the Ohio State win over Miami for the national championship back in 2002. Even though the game was 4 years ago, he still talks about how he thinks that Miami was robbed because of the pass interference penalty at the end of the game and calls Ohio State the "Luckeyes".

Bayless has recently been criticized for his vitriolic denegration of University of Illinois star Edward (Eddie) Arnet Johnson on The Jim Rome Show, whom he mistook for Edward "Fast Eddie" Johnson who was arrested on child molestation charges. Although other news outlets including The Chicago Tribune also fell into this trap, Bayless's ignorance has been widely criticized.
[/i]

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#26 : October 25, 2006, 01:19:23 AM

What the hell does he sell on QVC? ???

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#27 : October 25, 2006, 01:33:45 AM

What the hell does he sell on QVC? ???
His wife is on QVC all the time.  He makes an appearance once in a while, and he sells "Jaw Strengtheners", which supposedly build muscles in your face, keeping you looking young.

What a **CENSORED**.

He is about the worst kind of reporter, and media figure one could witness.  He is classless, sneaky, and a rat.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#28 : October 25, 2006, 01:35:33 AM

Uh, several other uses for "jaw strengtheners" come to mind...none very good!

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#29 : October 25, 2006, 01:37:11 AM

Uh, several other uses for "jaw strengtheners" come to mind...none very good!

I was going to say, but decided to keep it G rated.

Does saying "**CENSORED**" bump that up to a PG? ;)

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: WOW... Cold Pizzas, Skip Bayless' remarks on bucs winning kick « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools