Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: WOW... Cold Pizzas, Skip Bayless' remarks on bucs winning kick « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#30 : October 25, 2006, 01:38:57 AM

Uh, several other uses for "jaw strengtheners" come to mind...none very good!

I was going to say, but decided to keep it G rated.

Does saying "**CENSORED**" bump that up to a PG? ;)
Yes, and I will have to report you, mister!

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#31 : October 25, 2006, 01:40:42 AM

Uh, several other uses for "jaw strengtheners" come to mind...none very good!

I was going to say, but decided to keep it G rated.

Does saying "**CENSORED**" bump that up to a PG? ;)
Yes, and I will have to report you, mister!
I was only saying it to ensure that Skip Bayless keeps his privates clean!!! ;) :o

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#32 : October 25, 2006, 01:49:31 AM

That is a totally unecessary & traumatic visual! :o

gone

Hall of Famer
#33 : October 25, 2006, 01:54:40 AM

He should stick to QVC.  HE is a moron.

Criticism
Bayless is viewed by many readers as a sensationalist because he makes many outlandish remarks and predictions pertaining to popular or controversial sports topics. For example, Bayless claimed on ESPN's Cold Pizza that Josh Howard's "time-out" in Game 5 of the 2006 NBA Finals was "the worst call in sports history."

Bayless is also criticized in his writing skills for not using sufficient statistics to support his arguments, which in turn generate a larger readership. An example of this can be found in his allegations that Dallas Cowboys quarterback Troy Aikman was a homosexual. Bayless did not cite any sufficient sources to support his claim, although sales of his book spiked when the allegations made headlines. He has also drawn the mockery of fellow Page 2 correspondent Bill Simmons on multiple occasions.

He enjoys baiting Ohio State fans by often bringing up the Ohio State win over Miami for the national championship back in 2002. Even though the game was 4 years ago, he still talks about how he thinks that Miami was robbed because of the pass interference penalty at the end of the game and calls Ohio State the "Luckeyes".

Bayless has recently been criticized for his vitriolic denegration of University of Illinois star Edward (Eddie) Arnet Johnson on The Jim Rome Show, whom he mistook for Edward "Fast Eddie" Johnson who was arrested on child molestation charges. Although other news outlets including The Chicago Tribune also fell into this trap, Bayless's ignorance has been widely criticized.
[/i]

When posting a quote that criticizes someone for insufficient sources, you should probably mention where you got the quote...

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#34 : October 25, 2006, 01:55:30 AM

He should stick to QVC. HE is a moron.

Criticism
Bayless is viewed by many readers as a sensationalist because he makes many outlandish remarks and predictions pertaining to popular or controversial sports topics. For example, Bayless claimed on ESPN's Cold Pizza that Josh Howard's "time-out" in Game 5 of the 2006 NBA Finals was "the worst call in sports history."

Bayless is also criticized in his writing skills for not using sufficient statistics to support his arguments, which in turn generate a larger readership. An example of this can be found in his allegations that Dallas Cowboys quarterback Troy Aikman was a homosexual. Bayless did not cite any sufficient sources to support his claim, although sales of his book spiked when the allegations made headlines. He has also drawn the mockery of fellow Page 2 correspondent Bill Simmons on multiple occasions.

He enjoys baiting Ohio State fans by often bringing up the Ohio State win over Miami for the national championship back in 2002. Even though the game was 4 years ago, he still talks about how he thinks that Miami was robbed because of the pass interference penalty at the end of the game and calls Ohio State the "Luckeyes".

Bayless has recently been criticized for his vitriolic denegration of University of Illinois star Edward (Eddie) Arnet Johnson on The Jim Rome Show, whom he mistook for Edward "Fast Eddie" Johnson who was arrested on child molestation charges. Although other news outlets including The Chicago Tribune also fell into this trap, Bayless's ignorance has been widely criticized.
[/i]

When posting a quote that criticizes someone for insufficient sources, you should probably mention where you got the quote...

ROTFLMAO!!!

Badbud8

Second String

#35 : October 25, 2006, 06:35:49 AM

Skip BAYLESS,,,,,When he speaks NO ONE,Listens.Guy is a Joke.He talks and talks and still he has said Nothing.His biggest claim to fame ,,,,,He is Butt Buddy to JIm Rome.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: WOW... Cold Pizzas, Skip Bayless' remarks on bucs winning kick « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools