Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gang Activity Among NFL Teams? « previous next »
Page: 1

bucs1

Practice Squad
: March 28, 2007, 10:41:14 PM

From ProFootballTalk.com: http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

LEAGUE EXECS TUTORED ON SIGNS OF GANG ACTIVITY

Among the topics that were presented to front-office types during the recently-concluded NFL Annual Meeting in Phoenix was a session on how to spot potential gang activity in the locker room.

Seriously.

Per a league source, NFL execs received specific information on the signs of gang activity, apparently so that action can be taken before any criminal conduct results.

To date, there has been little or no evidence to suggest that the recent rash of arrests has been tied in any way to gangs.  But since NFL players come from a somewhat broad range of backgrounds and experiences, the presence of actual or former gang members on a team shouldn't come as a shock.

Meanwhile, if the league wants to discourage that kind of stuff it might be a good idea to keep guys like Snoop Dogg off of NFL Network.  Mr. Dogg is a former member of the Crips.  (And a devoted fan of at least 37 NFL franchises.)

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#1 : March 28, 2007, 10:48:18 PM

(And a devoted fan of at least 37 NFL franchises.)

37? huh?

bucs1

Practice Squad
#2 : March 28, 2007, 10:51:38 PM

(And a devoted fan of at least 37 NFL franchises.)

37? huh?

No, Snoop Dogg has been a devoted fan of at least 37 NFL franchises.

#3 : March 29, 2007, 10:08:48 AM

Snoop Dogg can't count?

klb55

Starter

#4 : March 29, 2007, 11:10:26 AM

This doesn't surprise me in the least.  Flashing signs should be the least of their worries.  There are some gang activities they should be very concerned about.  Think about Nate Newton's side job and consider the amount of money these players make.  I'd be surprised if some players are not financing criminal activity.

Buc Wylde

Hall of Famer

#5 : March 29, 2007, 11:50:01 AM

I'd be surprised if some players are not financing criminal activity.

Like black market sneakers?
I think that was a Charger thing though...

Quote from: Raheem Morris
We got to get better at doing something, and that is what we have to set our focus on and that is something to get better at. That\\\\\\\'s what we are trying to do right now.

IDontNeedaName

Second String

#6 : March 29, 2007, 02:28:04 PM

Snoop Dogg still is claming crip also, you can hear it in his lyrics. I would not be surprised if some of the NFL stars are not connected to crime in some way. The "streets" are getting worse by the day, the same streets PacMan Jones and etc... are running around with guns and beating up stripers.

finnbluebucs

Hall of Famer
#7 : March 29, 2007, 06:02:19 PM

Gangs...hmmm, maybe Pacman or Tank could shed some light on this?

\"We are frustrated at not making the playoffs. It is a good start. That is all it is. It is a good start for something that we are going to be in the future. - Josh Freeman

ordinary

Second String

#8 : March 29, 2007, 06:11:03 PM

Snoop Dogg is the shiz, he always talking about his crip blue six fo. He still is a crip,just not a gang banger anymore. Now,Maurice Clarrett was messing with Wok,and ended up in jail. 

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gang Activity Among NFL Teams? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools