Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: My thoughts of the Game « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

T

Hall of Famer

« #15 : October 23, 2006, 04:55:57 PM »

I'm tempering my excitement until this defense can consistently stop anyone. Our Defense makes Jake Delhomo look like Marino and can't tackle anyone to save their lives. I'm happy with the win but I won't get too excited about the rest of the season.

buckit

Hall of Famer

« #16 : October 23, 2006, 04:56:47 PM »

Hey, if you're gonna type in another language, can you add the translation underneath for all us ignorant Americans that are too lazy to learn any language but our own (and we don't learn it well, either).  Thanks!

Dear Glazers,

Please sell the team to Eddie DeBartolo.

Thank you,
--the fans

BucsAddict

Starter

« #17 : October 23, 2006, 04:45:56 PM »

considering the Defense got almost NO support from the Offense all day, what exactly did you expect to happen? a shut out? Those guys were gassed by the 4th quarter and it showed. give em a break.

==================================================
Gruden: Simms is gonna be a helluva quaterback- unless I screw it up.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

« #18 : October 23, 2006, 04:47:26 PM »

But if the Offense could have scored more than 9 freakin points, and maybe sustained a drive for more than 3 or 4 plays, we wouldn't have had a worn out D trying to cover the leagues best offense in the 100+ degree heat!  The D did what was expected of them.  They created opportunity after opportunity.  The O failed to deliver.  Any D would be worn out by the 4th quarter under these circumstances.  You can't fault them for it, really.

Worn out by the 4th quarter? The offense took the opening kickoff in the second half, after the defense had rested for 12 minutes at halftime, and promptly put together a drive that took 8 minutes off the game clock. 8 minutes of game time and about 20 minutes of real time. The Bucs defense rested for more than a half an hour before the Eagles took over and promptly ran up 21 points in less than a quarter and a half.

In the second half, the Bucs offense had drives of 8 minutes, 6 minutes, 2 and a half minutes, and 30 seconds. That's 17 minutes of clock time versus 13 for the Eagles.

From 5:19 seconds left in the 3rd quarter until the end of the game, the Buccaneers defense gave up almost 240 yards on only THREE drives. Three drives. If the Bucs defense was worn out in the fourth quarter, it wasn't because the offense was going 3-and-out at that point, it was because the Bucs defense couldn't get themselves off the field.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

« #19 : October 23, 2006, 04:49:20 PM »

considering the Defense got almost NO support from the Offense all day, what exactly did you expect to happen? a shut out? Those guys were gassed by the 4th quarter and it showed. give em a break.

How is it possible to be gassed in the fourth quarter when you're off the field for 12 minutes at halftime, your offense controls the clock for over 8 minutes on the opening drive of the second half, and has another 6 minute drive later on?

Gassed? GASSED? That's the most ridiculous thing I've read in quite some time.

WILLBLEE

Starter

« #20 : October 23, 2006, 04:53:34 PM »

The D tackling is the biggest problem that stinks out loud. They arm tackle and it barely breaks the runners' stride. From what I could stomach and watch,
we made Westbrook look awsome-r.LOL

During two drives, yes. During their other 6 drives in the first half? NADA! And 2 picks.
I'm not saying this defense was doing great all game, or anything like that, but you have to give them their due for that first half performance. If the offense had moved the ball more during the first half, the Eagles may not have been able to get anything going late, but we'll never know. The tackling absolutely must be addressed and should be the focus for defensive practices the rest of the way. And Phillips needs to be benched in favor of someone...anyone!

T

Hall of Famer

« #21 : October 23, 2006, 05:03:35 PM »

Buck it, this was an impressive defensive effort.........If you play in the Pac-10

Well Monte's Son coaches in the Pac 10 so maybe that's the style of defense we can expect for the next 10 games.

« #22 : October 23, 2006, 05:32:37 PM »

Westbrook is a terrific player. The worst part of the whole thing is that Gruden is still torn up that the Rich McKay so-called "braintrust" in 2002 completely disregarded his pleas to draft Westbrook in the 3rd round and instead drafted Marquis Walker.

And you wonder why Gruden wasn't happy with Rich McKay and his cronies.

Gruden just mentioned (on his radio show), that he said to Bucs management yesterday: "See, I told you we should've drafted that guy."

bucs8ball

Starter

« #23 : October 23, 2006, 05:40:36 PM »

Jesus Christ!  Some of you act like you don't know a damn thing about football!  4 forced turnovers against one of the best offenses in the league IS WITHOUT A DOUBT an impressive effort.  If you can't see that, you're a moron.  All some of you wanna do is focus on the 4th quarter.  Yes, the D gave up hella yards and 3 TDs.  But if the Offense could have scored more than 9 freakin points, and maybe sustained a drive for more than 3 or 4 plays, we wouldn't have had a worn out D trying to cover the leagues best offense in the 100+ degree heat!  The D did what was expected of them.  They created opportunity after opportunity.  The O failed to deliver.  Any D would be worn out by the 4th quarter under these circumstances.  You can't fault them for it, really.

The fact of the matter is that there are people on this board that are not happy with anything. If we win, they find a way to talk about the way we almost lost. If we lose, it just adds fuel to the fire.

Let me offer this opinion. That was one of the best Buccaneer games of all time. The fact that the Bucs score 2 defensive TD's against a QB that some are calling the best in football is remarkable in of itself. So, they gave up some big plays in the end. You guys act like this is a big suprise. It's been going on for a couple of years (remember the Indy Monday night game).  This is the NATIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE. When any two teams match up, they have the best of the best on the field. The reason we watch the NFL every Sunday is because of games like this. If the Eagles mailed it in after going down 17 to 0, there would be nothing to watch. Instead we have superior athletes, playing under brutal conditions with emotions at full throttle, battling it out for 60 minutes. Sometimes the Bucs athletes make plays (Barber, Bryant) and other times the other team's athletes make plays (McNabb, Westbrook).

So to all of you criticizing the defense... get the hell off my bandwagon! 14 points scored on defense is enough to deflect any criticism for me!

To all of you that like to call for the end of Gruden... just remember, he's the one that called for the field goal at the end of the game. Just one week after the Bengals tried the same thing and missed.

Buck It... I agree with you. The defense turned in a steller performance. Did they slip a little bit in the 4th quarter? Sure. But at the end of the day, we have a W and the Eagles have a L... End of Story!

buckit

Hall of Famer

« #24 : October 23, 2006, 06:24:09 PM »

Amen.  Finally, a reasonable post!

Dear Glazers,

Please sell the team to Eddie DeBartolo.

Thank you,
--the fans

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

« #25 : October 23, 2006, 08:40:42 PM »

Amen.  Finally, a reasonable post!

LOL.

alldaway

Hall of Famer
« #26 : October 23, 2006, 09:05:28 PM »

But if the Offense could have scored more than 9 freakin points, and maybe sustained a drive for more than 3 or 4 plays, we wouldn't have had a worn out D trying to cover the leagues best offense in the 100+ degree heat!  The D did what was expected of them.  They created opportunity after opportunity.  The O failed to deliver.  Any D would be worn out by the 4th quarter under these circumstances.  You can't fault them for it, really.

Worn out by the 4th quarter? The offense took the opening kickoff in the second half, after the defense had rested for 12 minutes at halftime, and promptly put together a drive that took 8 minutes off the game clock. 8 minutes of game time and about 20 minutes of real time. The Bucs defense rested for more than a half an hour before the Eagles took over and promptly ran up 21 points in less than a quarter and a half.

In the second half, the Bucs offense had drives of 8 minutes, 6 minutes, 2 and a half minutes, and 30 seconds. That's 17 minutes of clock time versus 13 for the Eagles.

From 5:19 seconds left in the 3rd quarter until the end of the game, the Buccaneers defense gave up almost 240 yards on only THREE drives. Three drives. If the Bucs defense was worn out in the fourth quarter, it wasn't because the offense was going 3-and-out at that point, it was because the Bucs defense couldn't get themselves off the field.

Stop making sense.

The only defensive peromance this year that was for 60 minutes was the Bengals game.  With that said if Monte can figured out how to have them playing sixty minutes like they did in the first half against the Eagles then things are loooking good.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

« #27 : October 23, 2006, 09:15:30 PM »

Stop making sense.

The only defensive peromance this year that was for 60 minutes was the Bengals game.  With that said if Monte can figured out how to have them playing sixty minutes like they did in the first half against the Eagles then things are loooking good.

The "they were worn out" excuse is pretty ridiculous when you consider the actual facts. And you're right, playing well for 2/3 of a game doesn't make for something that should be considered a stellar performance.

In fact, the "offense didn't help the defense" excuse isn't all that compelling either, when you consider that the defense didn't help the defense. A superior individual performance by Barber was nearly wiped out by a poor team performance in the fourth quarter. Imagine what the talk would have been if the defense had blown a 17-0 lead and Pittman, Grads, Clayton and then Bryant didn't come through? If the Bucs had lost that game the word "collapse" would have been the most often-used word around town today.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
« #28 : October 24, 2006, 01:05:40 AM »

Besides Ronde... They defence sucked. Espiecally the D-ends.

You mean Simeon is a Defensive End?

He is playing like a punk.  He needs to crush something next week, and make big plays.

GO BUCS!

rocketspeed

Practice Squad

« #29 : October 24, 2006, 05:30:42 AM »

Everything Buck It says I agree with 100%  BEST DAMN DEFENSIVE EFFORT I HAVE SEEN!

PERIOD

carry on.
  Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: My thoughts of the Game « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools