Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tomlin said he won't stiffle assistants - wow, he's a little angry « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#30 : March 29, 2007, 09:53:44 AM

Again, if it happened to you how do you feel? Simple question.

Irrelevant.

...and that about explains your moral compass and why you ride Allen's jock.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#31 : March 29, 2007, 09:58:21 AM

Gimme a break. I've never, ever signed a contract that I didn't honor. If I didn't like the deal, I didn't sign it. Period. People need to start having stronger principles rather than whining about how they're being treated unfairly because someone actually holds them to their word.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#32 : March 29, 2007, 10:01:45 AM

Gimme a break. I've never, ever signed a contract that I didn't honor. If I didn't like the deal, I didn't sign it. Period. People need to start having stronger principles rather than whining about how they're being treated unfairly because someone actually holds them to their word.

You probably never signed a contract the other side didn't have to honor either. Again, NFL contracts <> real world contracts.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

klb55

Starter

#33 : March 29, 2007, 10:04:04 AM

Again, it takes a sorry human being to deny a chance to move up in the world. Anyone who has so little moral core that he think his "duty to a football team" matters more then doing the right thing is deeply flawed. Allen is just that sort of guy though.

Everyone here who thinks what happened to Tomlin, Marinelli and other is cool imagine if some other company wanted to give you a high end position but your boss wouldn't let you leave his department. You'd be smokin' pissed but as usual as long as someone not named you gets screwed why do you care?

Bruce Allen and the FO has a responsibility to the organization first and foremost.  It's hard to catagorize a person taking his obligations and responsibilities to the organization seriously as a sorry human being.  After two years working for a company I was offered a position in another company with better benefits and a 50 percent pay increase.  I declined out of a sense of obligation to the company that gave me my first opportunity.  The company I stayed with would have struggled for a few months to replace me and I couldn't do that out of a sense of loyalty to them for giving me my first opportunity.  Three years later I left for another job that paid me doubled my salary.  I did it under the condition that my original employer had my replacement in place.  There is something to be said about being grateful and loyal to those who have gotten you to where.  

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#34 : March 29, 2007, 10:04:20 AM

You probably never signed a contract the other side didn't have to honor either. Again, NFL contracts <> real world contracts.

Complete and total bull.

CeriousBuc

Practice Squad

#35 : March 29, 2007, 10:07:21 AM

That really is the whole point isn't it? NFL contracts, not just Buc contracts, <>real world contracts. But as Chev pointed out if it were the players making this argument people would be screaming bloody murder.

FartMan

Pro Bowler
#36 : March 29, 2007, 10:07:48 AM

Let's look at the 3 guys who were "stifled."

Tomlin is a 34 year old head coach.  
The Bucs most likely did Marinelli a favor.  They denied his request to become a D coridinator and he became a head coach the next year.
Joe Barry has also moved up and has his dream job with his father-in-law.  Just like he's been crowing about for years.

I may have a little backwards thinking, but I think the fact that the Bucs wanted to keep them so bad, made them more attractive in the market place... and in the end, they all got what they wanted.

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#37 : March 29, 2007, 10:08:32 AM

I agree 100%.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#38 : March 29, 2007, 10:10:57 AM

That really is the whole point isn't it? NFL contracts, not just Buc contracts, <>real world contracts. But as Chev pointed out if it were the players making this argument people would be screaming bloody murder.

I don't like it when any NFL pulls this stunt. The Bucs led the way down this road when it used to be a formaility to get guys to move up. Good to be  leader.

As far as players, they aren't moving up in the world. DC - > HC is a change in repsonsibility and chance for professional growth they can not get here. There's no training camp for coaches where if Marinelli out coaches Gruden he can snake his job. Players OTOH are talking about one opportunity for another that is the same. QB is a QB his opportunity to start here is the same as anywhere else- if he wins the job he starts.

corruptpirate

Pro Bowler

#39 : March 29, 2007, 10:14:21 AM

Again, it takes a sorry human being to deny a chance to move up in the world. Anyone who has so little moral core that he think his "duty to a football team" matters more then doing the right thing is deeply flawed. Allen is just that sort of guy though.

It takes businessmen to deny others a chance to move up in the world. When the division I used to work for got bought out from my old company, there was a clause that I coudn't quit my job and switch back to the old company to head a new division because of competition issues. Doing so would have lead to lawsuits for me and the old company. I had to wait for two years before I could go back to the old company.

Its not like the I don't I dontstand how Tomlin feels, its just how some businesses are run.

FartMan

Pro Bowler
#40 : March 29, 2007, 10:22:37 AM

I'm sure at the time, Tomlin, Rod, and Barry were all frustrated... but how they can still be, I don't get. 

Tomlin is the 2nd youngest head coach in the league. 

At the time Rod was denied permission to interview for a DC job, Allen said we don't think Rod is DC material, we think he's head coach material.  A year later Rod is a head coach.   Barry cried about missing the opportunity to coach with his family.  A year later, he's doing just that.

I believe a lot of that had to do with the demand Allen created for them when he said these coaches are too good to lose.  Instantly, upgraded their status in the league. 

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#41 : March 29, 2007, 10:25:45 AM

At the time Rod was denied permission to interview for a DC job, Allen said we don't think Rod is DC material, we think he's head coach material.  A year later Rod is a head coach.   Barry cried about missing the opportunity to coach with his family.  A year later, he's doing just that.

I think Monte should gripe becuase he is no spring chicken compared to these three young coaches. 8)

redbeard10

Hall of Famer
#42 : March 29, 2007, 10:26:27 AM

In the case of Barry specifically, how fair would it have been to Kiffin to have to break in an ENTRIELY new coaching staff? There's no way we could have let Joe out of his contract under those circumstances.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#43 : March 29, 2007, 10:28:06 AM

Agreed, he'll be sorry he said those words.

I doubt he'll be a head coach long enough to worry about it.

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#44 : March 29, 2007, 10:28:24 AM

In the case of Barry specifically, how fair would it have been to Kiffin to have to break in an ENTRIELY new coaching staff? There's no way we could have let Joe out of his contract under those circumstances.

Where is the bleeding hearts for Marty?  :(
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tomlin said he won't stiffle assistants - wow, he's a little angry « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools