Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: A request to Derrick Brooks « previous next »
Page: 1

Bucmaniac86

Pro Bowler

: March 29, 2007, 12:07:14 PM

This is a bit off topic and all but seeing that this is the offseason and nothing really to report for the next 30 days I figured I would come up with a request to our very own Derrick Brooks, its a simply request but the last couple of years Brooks has donned hair on his head instead of having a shaved bald head which he sported for his whole career in Tampa. He played better with the bald look, he should consider giving us one last great year with that look again.

bucs1

Practice Squad
#1 : March 29, 2007, 02:15:22 PM

I don't think that hair determines a players on field play.  Maybe he isn't playing as good as he used to because he is getting older and slowing down.  He probally played better with a shaved head because he was younger back then.

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#2 : March 29, 2007, 02:21:05 PM

I don't think that hair determines a players on field play...

Me neither, but it has it's moments..

bucs1

Practice Squad
#3 : March 29, 2007, 02:23:07 PM

I don't think that hair determines a players on field play...

Me neither, but it has it's moments..

Yeah, I feel bad for Juran Bolden.  I'm sure that he has gotten his hair pulled many times while he was in piles.

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#4 : March 29, 2007, 02:26:31 PM

Yeah, I feel bad for Juran Bolden. I'm sure that he has gotten his hair pulled many times while he was in piles.

lol yea. And eyes poked and fingers bitten and face spit on and..

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#5 : March 29, 2007, 04:26:56 PM

My request to Brooks would be move to the Strong side and let June/Winborn who are faster at this point in their careers play the Weakside.

Shag

Pro Bowler

#6 : March 29, 2007, 04:31:30 PM

My request to Brooks would be move to the Strong side and let June/Winborn who are faster at this point in their careers play the Weakside.

There's an idea, but the defense might be better off with Brooks staying where he is in the base defense. Brooks and June need to be the LB's in the nickel though.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#7 : March 29, 2007, 04:37:19 PM

If Brooks plays like he did last year, I don't think it could hurt to move him over and have one of them play weakside.  The LB play could only get better.  I think Brooks could be a dominate player still on the strongside, whereas the weakside I don't think he can.  June or Winborn at weakside with Ruud in the middle, DB on the strongside would represent our best lineup IMO, provided Q is done.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#8 : March 30, 2007, 12:04:14 AM

My request would be for him to grow a 70's style afro.  That would rock!

gone

Hall of Famer
#9 : March 30, 2007, 12:08:51 AM

If Brooks plays like he did last year, I don't think it could hurt to move him over and have one of them play weakside.  The LB play could only get better.  I think Brooks could be a dominate player still on the strongside, whereas the weakside I don't think he can.  June or Winborn at weakside with Ruud in the middle, DB on the strongside would represent our best lineup IMO, provided Q is done.

No need for all that.  Let him stay in at Will, and let June (or Winborn) start at Sam and slide to Will on passing downs....

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#10 : March 30, 2007, 12:19:42 AM

Brooks Will
Ruud Mike
June Sam

Alternate Winborn with Brooks on passing downs (3rd and 5+)

BucJam07

Hall of Famer

#11 : March 30, 2007, 12:21:03 AM

If Brooks plays like he did last year, I don't think it could hurt to move him over and have one of them play weakside. The LB play could only get better. I think Brooks could be a dominate player still on the strongside, whereas the weakside I don't think he can. June or Winborn at weakside with Ruud in the middle, DB on the strongside would represent our best lineup IMO, provided Q is done.

No need for all that. Let him stay in at Will, and let June (or Winborn) start at Sam and slide to Will on passing downs....

I agree Doc, but IMO Brooks may look 100 times better this year at Will with a revamped or atleast improved d-line

You Can't Spell SCUM Without The
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: A request to Derrick Brooks « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools