Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: All wins are good wins « previous next »
Page: 1

vipmark

Starter
: October 23, 2006, 03:28:49 PM

It would have been great to totally dominate philly, to beat them soundly in all phases of the game, to see them humiliated and driven to their knees. However, sticking it to em' early and then letting them creep back in and then handing them a win, giving them just enough time to let it seep into their cold and evil souls, letting them savor it , letting the win become a part of them. AND THEN, REACHING DEEP INSIDE THEIR WRETCHED SLIMINESS AND YANKING THEIR WOULD-BE VICTORY OUT BY THE ROOTS, TAKING WITH IT THEIR PATHETIC SPIRIT AND FILLING THE ABYSS WITH HOPELESS DEJECTION AND SORROW........SWEET VENGENCE IS OURS AGAIN!!!!!!

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#1 : October 23, 2006, 03:37:22 PM

When the Bucs were 0-4 going into games with Cinci and Phili, how many woudl've guessed the Bucs would be 2-0???? NONE! I'll take any win the way this season has gone...

GrudenFan63

Hall of Famer

#2 : October 23, 2006, 03:57:51 PM

A win is a win; you're right. The Bucs are 2-0 so far this quarter. However, although a win is a win, there are different levels of wins; in my opinion. There is the dominating win, and then there's the squeak-by win. Until the Bucs can have dominating wins, I think there will be a lot of people who still have question marks above this team. You can't rely on last second heroics or miracle plays all the time to win ballgames. I'm excited about these last two games. They have nearly given me heart attacks on both occasions, but they need to show they can compete for 60 solid minutes (not just squeak one out in the end). I like the progression of some of the players, but I think they need to come together as a solid unit.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#3 : October 23, 2006, 04:11:10 PM

It would have been great to totally dominate Philly, to beat them soundly in all phases of the game, to see them humiliated and driven to their knees. However, sticking it to em' early and then letting them creep back in and then handing them a win, giving them just enough time to let it seep into their cold and evil souls, letting them savor it , letting the win become a part of them. AND THEN, REACHING DEEP INSIDE THEIR WRETCHED SLIMINESS AND YANKING THEIR WOULD-BE VICTORY OUT BY THE ROOTS, TAKING WITH IT THEIR PATHETIC SPIRIT AND FILLING THE ABYSS WITH HOPELESS DEJECTION AND SORROW........SWEET VENGEANCE IS OURS AGAIN!!!!!!

I could not have said it better!!!!

Yo Scott and Jim, you gotta put this one in the bleachers section next issue!!!

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#4 : October 23, 2006, 04:11:24 PM

I confess I didn't think these last 2 were going to be "winnable"

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#5 : October 23, 2006, 04:18:53 PM

I confess I didn't think these last 2 were going to be "winnable"

ditto, I thought we'd have to wait until week 8 for our first win...  (Saints)

gone

Hall of Famer
#6 : October 23, 2006, 08:30:22 PM

We should be every bit as happy and positive after these 2 wins as we were dejected and negative after the last 2 losses.  Both close close games.  Sad how some peeps are still negative.  Can't wait for the next list...

#7 : October 23, 2006, 08:33:44 PM

It would have been great to totally dominate philly, to beat them soundly in all phases of the game, to see them humiliated and driven to their knees. However, sticking it to em' early and then letting them creep back in and then handing them a win, giving them just enough time to let it seep into their cold and evil souls, letting them savor it , letting the win become a part of them. AND THEN, REACHING DEEP INSIDE THEIR WRETCHED SLIMINESS AND YANKING THEIR WOULD-BE VICTORY OUT BY THE ROOTS, TAKING WITH IT THEIR PATHETIC SPIRIT AND FILLING THE ABYSS WITH HOPELESS DEJECTION AND SORROW........SWEET VENGENCE IS OURS AGAIN!!!!!!

Very well stated, VIP. I was thinking about that myself... would it be more gratifying to shut them out 17-0 or was it better to let them creep back in only to snatch it away in such dramatic fashion?

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#8 : October 23, 2006, 09:48:57 PM

If somehow we win the next two games against the Giants and Saints, I will dance naked in the streets.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: All wins are good wins « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools