Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: My season has been made « previous next »
Page: 1 2

GrudenFan63

Hall of Famer

#15 : October 22, 2006, 11:31:50 PM

I'm not even thinking play-offs. I don't mind if someone looks that far ahead, but I don't know if I would say the Bucs are a play-off team yet. Winning at the last second is a win, but it's playing with fire. You play with fire long enough, you're going to come away with a bad burn. There are a lot of tough bumps ahead this year, and it may be too tough to overcome them. But, it may not. It's a long road left, so I'm not even thinking about play-offs. Right now, they are tied with the Packers and 49'ers in the NFC with 2-4 records. I'm sure not too many people are assuming that Green Bay or San Francisco will make a strong play-off run. It's too early to say anything about play-offs other than that they happen after the season has completed.  ;)

So far, you are the only one who has mentioned playoffs on these posts. Playing with fire? Would you have rather lost today? A win is a win, pretty or not. This win was against a team who is #1 in the NFL offensively. Your skepticism has no place on here today!

Tim, look north on these posts. There were a couple of people who expressed play-off possibilities; which prompted me to answer with my own opinion.

Mohawkbucs

Starter

#16 : October 22, 2006, 11:43:19 PM

when i was in the chatroom here and all the people started sayin g"omg" omg"   i was like whats going on, i couldnt believe he made it, i starting screaming curses, everybody in my house thought i was weird haha

i just couldnt believe it, i thought we were done for

Timbuc2

Pro Bowler

#17 : October 23, 2006, 12:28:53 AM

I'm not even thinking play-offs. I don't mind if someone looks that far ahead, but I don't know if I would say the Bucs are a play-off team yet. Winning at the last second is a win, but it's playing with fire. You play with fire long enough, you're going to come away with a bad burn. There are a lot of tough bumps ahead this year, and it may be too tough to overcome them. But, it may not. It's a long road left, so I'm not even thinking about play-offs. Right now, they are tied with the Packers and 49'ers in the NFC with 2-4 records. I'm sure not too many people are assuming that Green Bay or San Francisco will make a strong play-off run. It's too early to say anything about play-offs other than that they happen after the season has completed.  ;)

So far, you are the only one who has mentioned playoffs on these posts. Playing with fire? Would you have rather lost today? A win is a win, pretty or not. This win was against a team who is #1 in the NFL offensively. Your skepticism has no place on here today!

Tim, look north on these posts. There were a couple of people who expressed play-off possibilities; which prompted me to answer with my own opinion.

Still looking and don't see the word playoff until you mentioned it, however I respect your opinion. If your a buc fan, than your my bro!

gone

Hall of Famer
#18 : October 23, 2006, 12:31:47 AM

If this made your season HDE, you owe me.  For spending an eternity on my knees praying for matt to make it...I charge a $500 finders fee for Divine Intervention...

jsunm73

Pro Bowler

#19 : October 23, 2006, 12:38:53 AM

too me this was one of the biggest wins since the super bowl win.to beat the eagles is sweet for sure.but to do it with an unbelievable field goal and see mcnabb's stunned mug was even better.it did not exactly make my year or fill my needs but it sure feels good.this definately will make my week.

GrudenFan63

Hall of Famer

#20 : October 23, 2006, 09:01:22 AM

lot of football left to be talking that way. lot of good teams to beat. i say we win (HOPE) 8 of 10. wouldnt that be sweet. is that going to be enough to make the play offs this year?

Timbuc, this comment was above my post.

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#21 : October 23, 2006, 09:08:10 AM

It feels great beating the Eagles and this was a big win for us fans.

The NFC is so bad right now a team with an 8-8 record may sneak in as a wildcard.  Can the Bucs win 6 games?  I am not so sure but it is not out of the realm of possibility.  Winning back to back games is a starting point and the Bucs have to continue to build on that if they want to see 7 to 8 wins this year.

Timbuc2

Pro Bowler

#22 : October 23, 2006, 12:58:47 PM

lot of football left to be talking that way. lot of good teams to beat. i say we win (HOPE) 8 of 10. wouldnt that be sweet. is that going to be enough to make the play offs this year?

Timbuc, this comment was above my post.

Oooppps! Sorry pal.

T

Hall of Famer

#23 : October 23, 2006, 03:22:02 PM

It was good to beat the hated Eagirls and their moronic fans, we should thank them all for helping the local economy. But i still think the Bucs won't win more than 6-7 games, that Defense is awful.

rocketspeed

Practice Squad

#24 : October 24, 2006, 02:52:49 AM

What an amazing day to be a bucs fan

I hope you mean REAL BUC FANS. Not those who sold their season tickets, those who walk out of the game before it's over, those who called the season over just after an 0-4 start, those who turn off games after the 3rd QTR just because we're loosing. Not Fairweather fans, right?

Yeah not those, right?
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: My season has been made « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools