Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: In case you missed Deckerhoff's call... « previous next »
Page: 1 2

: October 23, 2006, 08:20:28 PM

... of Bryant's kick, it's on the Buc's intro page.

http://www.buccaneers.com/intro.aspx

Thanx a lot. I just shared it with my "friends" over at philly.com.

jimbobuc

Second String

#1 : October 23, 2006, 03:32:39 PM

... of Bryant's kick, it's on the Buc's intro page.

http://www.buccaneers.com/intro.aspx

G-Snake

Rookie

#2 : October 23, 2006, 03:37:53 PM

Absolutely classic, what a call. It's unfortunate I'm stuck listening to Baldinger, because Deckerhoff is a treat to listen to. It's a shame that DirecTV hasn't created a package where you can watch the game and listen to the team's radio broadcast. Maybe they have, but I live in Canada and I'm stuck with whatever we get.

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#3 : October 23, 2006, 03:42:27 PM

nice ... but can't we keep Hardey from talking?

#4 : October 23, 2006, 03:43:50 PM

Chills.  Thanks for pointing me to that.

Great pics, too.  Loved the reactions by Brooks, Alsttot in the background.  WHAT...A...KICK!

WILLBLEE

Starter

#5 : October 23, 2006, 04:28:35 PM

I hate listening to Decherhoff, He's overly excited about every play.
Even when the other team makes a good play, He gets excited about it.
 listening to a game on the radio with him announcing, makes you think the Bucs are doing something good,
even when they arent. Otherwords he announces every "positive or negative" play of the game, with the same "excited growling voice".
Each play Westbrook or McNabb were involved in, He made the announcements as if they were Alstott or Williams.
I couldnt take it, He was pissing me off.
But one positive is, I can pick up WDAE in Tyndall AFB/Panama City "350 miles away" as long as my van is in the drive way.
If I move the vehicle or drive away, I lose it's signal.

Bucs N Beers

Hall of Famer
#6 : October 23, 2006, 06:22:32 PM

Gave me chills. Definetly great.

Green Right Slot, Albacore 3 Y Quesadilla

#7 : October 23, 2006, 06:43:51 PM

listening to a game on the radio with him announcing, makes you think the Bucs are doing something good,
even when they arent. Otherwords he announces every "positive or negative" play of the game, with the same "excited growling voice".
Each play Westbrook or McNabb were involved in, He made the announcements as if they were Alstott or Williams.
But one positive is, I can pick up WDAE in Tyndall AFB/Panama City "350 miles away" as long as my van is in the drive way.

Respectfully, I am in 1000000% disagreement with you.  Geno is top notch.  And so what if he gets excited about something done by the opponent!!  You can never call him a "homer" then can you?  Even tho Gene IS the biggest homer in broadcasting.  I'll take Deckerhoff (note the CORRECT spelling of his name) any day over the network geeks.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#8 : October 23, 2006, 06:45:57 PM

Deckerhoff is our Harry Caray.   He's great!

#9 : October 23, 2006, 06:53:48 PM

Deckerhoff is our Harry Caray.   He's great!

Perfect analogy Java...PERFECT!

#10 : October 23, 2006, 07:08:29 PM

Absolute chills,great with the pics.

#11 : October 23, 2006, 08:21:33 PM

I hate listening to Decherhoff,

Blasphemy!!!

WILLBLEE

Starter

#12 : October 24, 2006, 01:40:00 AM

Yea, whatever. I still get irritated listening to him, esp. if we're losing!.

rocketspeed

Practice Squad

#13 : October 24, 2006, 01:59:26 AM

HUH?

He's a Radio Announcer, and despite the fact that he is a Buc Fan he is a professional and one of the Best I ever heard. He shows respect to the other team by announcing a fair game and shows enthusiasim for both teams.

dbtb135

Practice Squad

#14 : October 24, 2006, 06:45:30 AM

Respectfully, I am in 1000000% disagreement with you.  Geno is top notch.  And so what if he gets excited about something done by the opponent!!  You can never call him a "homer" then can you?  Even tho Gene IS the biggest homer in broadcasting.  I'll take Deckerhoff (note the CORRECT spelling of his name) any day over the network geeks.

I agree. One of the biggest pet peeves I have is that Joe Buck is allowed to ruin broadcasts of not only football, but also baseball. He's a two-sport waste, a rare accomplishment. Like Booger with his golf. :) Buck calls game winning TDs and World Series final outs with the same stupid monotone voice that he calls the first strike or kickoff. It's maddening! He's not 1/1,000,000th of what his father was. Hooray for nepotism! But I digress. I like the fact that Deckerhoff get's excited, it keeps the game interesting especially on big plays like that. That was a great call.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: In case you missed Deckerhoff's call... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools