Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs looking at Sauerbrun « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

Garv

Hall of Famer
« #15 : October 23, 2006, 05:37:51 PM »

Bidwell's a top notch punter and an excellent holder and teammate. Anyone who can't see that is a feeb. End of stupid rumor meant to flame. WHERE do they come from? LOL

We are all here because we are NOT all there.....
As always, GO BUCS!!!

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

« #16 : October 23, 2006, 05:40:48 PM »

bidwell has had some beautiful opportunities to pin teams deep and help our D, and hasn't delivered like he did last year....seems like he's already put more in the end zone this year than he did all of last year.

He put it in the end zone once every seven punts last year, and he's on an almost identical pace this year. Yeah, it seems worse this year. However, the big problem is that his net average is the worst it has been since his first season in Green Bay.

OldBloodandBucs

Starter

« #17 : October 23, 2006, 05:41:58 PM »

Why bother? ::)

Todd Sauerbrun's time as a free agent may be nearing an end. The former Pro Bowl punter, cut by the Broncos on Oct. 10, has workouts planned this week with Tampa Bay and Detroit, said his agent, David Canter.
-- Denver Post

via cnn.com

??

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

« #18 : October 23, 2006, 05:43:20 PM »

Bidwell's a top notch punter

Well, if you turn the league stats upside down, he's #3 in the net average column. Unfortunately, right side up the stats put him at #30 out of 32 punters.

Pick6

Hall of Famer
« #19 : October 23, 2006, 05:51:01 PM »

Bidwell's a top notch punter and an excellent holder and teammate. Anyone who can't see that is a feeb. End of stupid rumor meant to flame. WHERE do they come from? LOL

like i said, i doubt a move is being made, but you can't say bidwell has been a top-notch punter this year. gruden's been burned by another fan & locker room fav in gramatica, and i just doubt he'll wait on another good guy for 2 years hoping to turn it around if this continues.

on any other day, i'd say it's ridiculous to talk about replacing bidwell, because any replacement would be a step down, but if sauerbrun's workout goes well, who knows?

more than anything, it sends a message to bidwell (and subtly to others) that we have options, and nobody's promised anything on this team no matter how good a guy you are or how well you played last year or 2 years ago.

the workout is going to occur, it's not a fiction.  what happens after is speculation.

Garv

Hall of Famer
« #20 : October 23, 2006, 06:52:54 PM »

Bidwell stays.
Watch and see.
And that's the way it is.

We are all here because we are NOT all there.....
As always, GO BUCS!!!

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

« #21 : October 23, 2006, 08:34:32 PM »

I suspect he will stay as well. That doesn't mean they'll be happy about it.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

« #22 : October 23, 2006, 09:28:40 PM »

I would say Bidwell's punting issues this year stem more from the coverage unit than his own ability

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

« #23 : October 23, 2006, 09:33:27 PM »

He's 20th in the league in gross as well. That's pretty much on him.

« #24 : October 23, 2006, 09:38:19 PM »

What does net average have to do with the punter?

Bidwell is stilll a pro bowl punter. He has teh best leg Ive ever seen from a BUcs punter. Bidwell is just as good this year as last year. I watch him punt, he still boots it.

Saurbrun is a juice monkey, I would take Bidwell .Easily top 5 punter if not top 3

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

« #25 : October 23, 2006, 09:38:32 PM »

He's 20th in the league in gross as well. That's pretty much on him.

I agree with that.  Factor in, however, that due to lack of trust in Bryant's leg Bidwell has punted on some pretty short fields.  Last week, for instance, we punted from the opponent's 39 and 41.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

« #26 : October 23, 2006, 09:46:42 PM »

I agree with that.  Factor in, however, that due to lack of trust in Bryant's leg Bidwell has punted on some pretty short fields.  Last week, for instance, we punted from the opponent's 39 and 41.

And he put both of them into the end zone, further hurting his average. We've really got to face the fact that, at least this year, Bidwell is not what one would consider a top-notch punter.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

« #27 : October 23, 2006, 09:48:32 PM »

Easily top 5 punter if not top 3

Based on what, that he plays for the Bucs? Bidwell is not a top 3 or top 5 punter. Not even close.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

« #28 : October 23, 2006, 09:51:01 PM »

Buccaneers | Sauerbrun to work out with team Tuesday
Mon, 23 Oct 2006 17:40:20 -0700

Jim Flynn, of PewterReport.com, reports free agent P Todd Sauerbrun (Broncos) is scheduled to work out with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers Tuesday, Oct. 24.

http://www.pewterreport.com/articles/view/2568

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

« #29 : October 23, 2006, 09:53:32 PM »

I'm in favor of them working him out. Coaches should always be looking to make their team better.
  Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs looking at Sauerbrun « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools