Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs looking at Sauerbrun « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

#30 : October 23, 2006, 09:59:46 PM

Easily top 5 punter if not top 3

Based on what, that he plays for the Bucs? Bidwell is not a top 3 or top 5 punter. Not even close.

Seems like youre the only person who thinks he isnt. Based on my 2 eyes watching him kick the ball. Bidwell's got a monster leg.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#31 : October 23, 2006, 10:43:34 PM

Seems like youre the only person who thinks he isnt.

Well, me and the Bucs coaching staff. If he's a top 3 punter then of course the statistics clearly show that, correct?

Overall, he's not a bad punter. There are quite a few (a lot more than 2, that's for sure) better than him.

Bidwell's got a monster leg.

Well, being ranked #20 in gross average doesn't really support that notion.

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

#32 : October 23, 2006, 10:48:01 PM

Bidwell is a bad-ass. We are looking at someone else because we are not gonna pay him the money he deserves after playing so well.

It is a new day in TAMPA BAY!    GO BUCS!!

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#33 : October 23, 2006, 10:50:34 PM

Bidwell is a bad-ass. We are looking at someone else because we are not gonna pay him the money he deserves after playing so well.

Yeah, right. That's why they're bringing in a guy after six games rather than after the season is over.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#34 : October 24, 2006, 12:52:23 AM

Remember when I said I don't know WTF is going on anymore?

The saying holds its weight in gold man.

WTF is going on? 

They need to look for a safety in the Bush League USA camps, because Phillips is GAWD AWFUL.

Anyone who defends this guy after the weeks and weeks of watching him stink, is kidding themselves.

At leastthe five Bucs whiffed on their tackles at Westbrook.  Phillips was just watching the damage happen.

Buckit gets poster of the year for his prediction that Phillips would be a weakness on this teams defense.  We all said JP was a decent SS, and Buckit said Phillips sucked.

Congrats Buckit.  Kiffin should hire you as a secondary coach assistant.

#35 : October 24, 2006, 12:47:35 AM

We will see what this rumor is all about Dan. Even if Bidwell was having a bad year, and he's not, you dont bring in a punter 6 games into a season after your guy made the pro bowl last year and was arguably the ebst punter in the NFL. Again, everyone else thinks Bidwell is a beast here accept you. We shall see what happens

#36 : October 24, 2006, 12:56:43 AM

I was one of Phillips biggest fans, and I have addmitted he is no good so I doubt anyone else is left in his corner. I almost bought a Phillips jersey last year too. I hope he can turn things around but he's just not the football player I thought he was. He needs to learn to taackle, make INTs, and cover TEs. Im not even worried about WRs, just learn to cover a TE. Hes got speed and power and I know he has heart, butu damn out iit together man!

SepeBucs

Hall of Famer

#37 : October 24, 2006, 03:08:58 AM

Bidwell is a UFA after the season.  This could purely be a ploy to get Bidwell to resign before FA starts. Bidwell would be a fairly hot commodity in the FA market, and although the Bucs want him back (IMHO) they want it at the best price. So by working out a former Pro-Bowler, they are telling Bidwell that they can move on if he demands serious jack. Further, no matter where Sourballs goes, it will most likely only be for the rest of the season. Thus it give us an advanced look at him prior to FA opening. So if we do lose Bidwell to Fa, the Bucs have a back up plan.

But, overall, I think Bidwell is ALOT more important than just a punter. There were some horrible snaps Sunday that Bidwell dug out and still gave Bryant a chance to make the FG. The chemistry between Bryant and Bidwell could very well turn Bryant into the kicker we have always wanted.  Would a new holder and someone Bryant doesn't know make Bryant regress?

Which response do we get this time? Butthurt? Needs medical treatment? Or the all time favorite, \"Drama Queen\"

rocketspeed

Practice Squad

#38 : October 24, 2006, 05:16:11 AM

Ploy, Ploy, Ploy. Purely Text Book negotiating. Bidwell is a Buc for Life.

no worries.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#39 : October 24, 2006, 09:21:34 AM

We will see what this rumor is all about Dan. Even if Bidwell was having a bad year, and he's not, you dont bring in a punter 6 games into a season after your guy made the pro bowl last year and was arguably the ebst punter in the NFL. Again, everyone else thinks Bidwell is a beast here accept you. We shall see what happens

It's not a rumor. Bidwell is not having a bad year, but he's not having a good one. Everyone here is welcome to their opinion, wrong or right. Obviously, the Bucs coaches don't agree with "everyone here".

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#40 : October 24, 2006, 09:24:34 AM

Ploy, Ploy, Ploy. Purely Text Book negotiating.

You don't know Gruden very well.

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#41 : October 24, 2006, 11:59:22 AM

This really makes sense.

Sign Sauerbrun, cut Bidwell.

Sauerbrun gets suspended again. Some other team has since signed Bidwell.

We have no kicker.

Why are we even looking at this guy?

Sometimes the FO scares the hell outta me.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#42 : October 24, 2006, 12:06:03 PM

Why would Sauerbrun get suspended again?

Bryant is the kicker, Bidwell is a punter.

They're looking at him because they're not happy enough with Bidwell's performance.

I think it is very likely that they will stick with Bidwell, despite their desire to improve the punting game.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#43 : October 24, 2006, 12:09:06 PM

Remember when I said I don't know WTF is going on anymore?

The saying holds its weight in gold man.

WTF is going on? 

They need to look for a safety in the Bush League USA camps, because Phillips is GAWD AWFUL.

Anyone who defends this guy after the weeks and weeks of watching him stink, is kidding themselves.

At leastthe five Bucs whiffed on their tackles at Westbrook.  Phillips was just watching the damage happen.

Buckit gets poster of the year for his prediction that Phillips would be a weakness on this teams defense.  We all said JP was a decent SS, and Buckit said Phillips sucked.

Congrats Buckit.  Kiffin should hire you as a secondary coach assistant.

Well, how about all the people that wanted to bring in Woodson to play safety, and everyone said our Safety position was OK. I seem to remeber a lot of people here wanting Smith and Woodson to be signed, not just BuckIt.

fofstray

Second String

#44 : October 24, 2006, 12:33:19 PM

This is purely one of those "courtesy try-outs". We're not getting rid of Bidwell. Who the heck else could handle Dave Moore's bad snaps?
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs looking at Sauerbrun « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools