Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Marcus Thomas's Pro Day « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
: March 30, 2007, 10:15:02 AM

The guy was projected to be a top ten pick six months ago. The first four rounds should be used on players known to have a burning desire to play in the NFL. Take a flyer in the 5th. If it works out, great. If it doesn't, not much invested. He has talent and he has skills. We know he can play. The only question is does he want to. I have to believe he does. He just needs the motivation of a team around him. JMO

CeriousBuc

Practice Squad

#1 : March 30, 2007, 09:50:20 AM

I'd rather draft Ray McDonald, even though he has a bad knee, in the fourth round. Ray can play both UT and DE.
Ray Mac will likely be a late 2nd round pick.

Maybe, maybe not. He's coming off two years of consecutive season ending knee injuries. I see him falling at least to the rd round.

acacius

Hall of Famer

#2 : March 30, 2007, 09:46:11 AM

I rather see a hungry, hard working player drafted in the seventh round. Marcus Thomas is hungry about food not football. :D

Haha, I'm not saying I necessarily *want* him there, just that it wouldnt make me want to throw something at the tv.  ;)

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#3 : March 30, 2007, 09:42:40 AM

I rather see a hungry, hard working player drafted in the seventh round.  Marcus Thomas is hungry about food not football. :D

acacius

Hall of Famer

#4 : March 30, 2007, 09:40:44 AM

Ugh, thanks but no thanks.  I've said all along that my doubts weren't so much about the pot, per se as it was that the way he got kicked off the team left me doubting his discipline and dedication to football.  This did NOT help to alleviate my worries.  Maybe I'd blow a 7th rounder on him, I doubt he's any more of a risk than Razzano.  A fourth is way more than I'd want to spend on him at this point though.

Groovatron

Pro Bowler

#5 : March 30, 2007, 09:34:50 AM

That's a shame. I was really in his corner but now I'm of the same mind as Dal. If it wasn't important enough to him to change any doubts people may have had due to his collegiate problems then I don't think it will be important enough to him once he gets the $$. I'd pass on him and if all the other teams pass on him, too, sign him to a free agent contract and see what he does in camp.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#6 : March 30, 2007, 09:28:27 AM

I doubt it. :D

#7 : March 30, 2007, 08:18:05 AM

Came in out of shape...wasnt really suprised as he has been away from football for so long.

Good news is we may be able to pass on him and still have a shot at him in the 4th round as I dont think he is in 3rd round shape right now

Came in 6'2  314 lbs
Ran two 40 yard dashes his high was 5.32  low was 5.05
20 yard dash 2.97
10 yard dash 1.75
26 1/2 vertical
8'5 broad jump
20 yard shuttle 4.81
3 cone drill 8.03

He ran a 4.72 at UF while IN Football shape

Just not in great shape right now but I beliveve he has the raw skills to be able to make it though once he gets back into the swing of things

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#8 : March 30, 2007, 08:28:12 AM

Marcus Thomas will be lucky to be drafted.  I can see a team drafting him in the seventh round possibly.

Mellow

Starter

#9 : March 30, 2007, 08:30:52 AM

I'm with ADW.  Wow, what a loser this guy is turning out to be.  Being 'out of shape' is no excuse . . . he hasn't played football recently and has major character flags, so you'd think he'd make damn sure his pro day was impressive.  The fact that he didn't apparently care enough to get in shape says WAAAAAAAY more than smoking a few joints.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#10 : March 30, 2007, 08:31:54 AM

I'm with ADW. Wow, what a loser this guy is turning out to be. Being 'out of shape' is no excuse . . . he hasn't played football recently and has major character flags, so you'd think he'd make damn sure his pro day was impressive. The fact that he didn't apparently care enough to get in shape says WAAAAAAAY more than smoking a few joints.

His career is toast. ^^^

I rather see the less athletic, but hard working Mebane drafted over Thomas or even Pitt**CENSORED** at this point and Pitt**CENSORED** is a nosetackle not an undertackle.  Thomas screwed up (and this time probably for good).

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#11 : March 30, 2007, 08:36:51 AM

Do you have a link?

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#12 : March 30, 2007, 08:40:09 AM

http://www.nfl.com/draft/analysis/individual_workouts#FL

#13 : March 30, 2007, 08:43:09 AM

http://www.nfl.com/draft/analysis/individual_workouts#FL

As a guy who "still" wants Marcus Thomas to be here...I will honestly say the turf and his hip problems were not the reason he didnt do so great.

314 lbs is why he didnt do too well.

Just heard Sileo say that the Bucs should take a shot at him regardless..

I just wouldnt take him in the third round....I would take him in the 4th

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#14 : March 30, 2007, 08:45:57 AM

Wow, that performance is a huge red flag for me. Guy knows he's got 2 strikes on him from the drugs and getting tossed off the team. He didn't just need to show up, he needed to show up and show people that he's a worker, he's a guy who loves the game, he's a guy who is motivated to be the best he can be.

Instead he shows up like a sack of crap, 24 lbs over this playing weight. That tells me football isn't that important to him. Pass, totally.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Marcus Thomas's Pro Day « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools