Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Marcus Thomas's Pro Day « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#15 : March 30, 2007, 08:47:23 AM

In my opinion that third round pick is better spent on Jay Moore at this point.  

UFBucgator

Practice Squad

#16 : March 30, 2007, 08:47:58 AM

I guess he has been eating a bunch of cheetos to satisfy his munchies... people may wonder why a kid would show up out of shape at his pro day when he has huge character flaws...last one I remember doing this was a fellow by the name of Maurice Clarett.  Denver took a shot at him in third round...I expect a team to do the same with Marcus.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#17 : March 30, 2007, 08:49:39 AM

id still take him.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

CeriousBuc

Practice Squad

#18 : March 30, 2007, 08:52:13 AM

I'd rather draft Ray McDonald, even though he has a bad knee, in the fourth round. Ray can play both UT and DE.

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#19 : March 30, 2007, 08:52:28 AM

Jay Moore = instant starter at LDE.

Marcus Thomas = instant food taster.

I want to see football players on this team not professional eaters. :D

#20 : March 30, 2007, 08:53:56 AM

Wow, that performance is a huge red flag for me. Guy knows he's got 2 strikes on him from the drugs and getting tossed off the team. He didn't just need to show up, he needed to show up and show people that he's a worker, he's a guy who loves the game, he's a guy who is motivated to be the best he can be.

Instead he shows up like a sack of crap, 24 lbs over this playing weight. That tells me football isn't that important to him. Pass, totally.

The 314 may tell me he didnt work out well...and his hip problem isnt a excuse

HOWEVER...his hip problem may have  hurt his prep and caused him to not be able to run and get into shape

Hopefully for his sake he recovers from this in time gets into shape and holds another pro day in time for the draft

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#21 : March 30, 2007, 08:54:14 AM

I'd rather draft Ray McDonald, even though he has a bad knee, in the fourth round. Ray can play both UT and DE.
Ray Mac will likely be a late 2nd round pick.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

#22 : March 30, 2007, 08:55:27 AM

If Marcus is still there in the 4th the Bucs would be dumb to NOT take a chance

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#23 : March 30, 2007, 08:56:29 AM

If a quality safety, running back or center is there at the top of the fourth round it would be wise for the Bucs to pull the trigger on one of those three positions. 

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#24 : March 30, 2007, 09:03:08 AM

Yeah I was pulling for Marcus Thomas but he just threw that opportunity away, imagine that. That is a really bad sign for him. Cross him off the R3 pick...

Baghead #2

ranman

Pro Bowler
#25 : March 30, 2007, 09:03:37 AM

He was out of football for a while, came in out of shape, and had "issues".  

Reminds me of Clarett.   That ghost is still chasing Shanahan for choosing him with their third rd pick.  

Thomas?  Eh maybe late Day two.  

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#26 : March 30, 2007, 09:03:46 AM

Hopefully for his sake he recovers from this in time gets into shape and holds another pro day in time for the draft

The guy scared me before this workout but his talent was so off the charts I was of the thought that you'd have to take a shot at him in R3 but now this just totally turns me off and I bet it shakes the faith of a lot of coaches who are gonna see Son of Clarett on this kid.

It'd be one thing is you could argue that when he was under the thumb of a team he could fly right and it is without the structure that things go wrong. Problem is he showed, 3 times, he couldn't fly right in a structured team environment and now he's not motivated enough to make a ton of money. That's just all kinds of bad.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#27 : March 30, 2007, 09:05:11 AM

He was out of football for a while, came in out of shape, and had "issues". 

Reminds me of Clarett.   That ghost is still chasing Shanahan for choosing him with their third rd pick. 

Thomas?  Eh maybe late Day two.   
Also, Antaj Hawthorne.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#28 : March 30, 2007, 09:06:57 AM

I rather see the Bucs draft Mkristo Bruce over Marcus Thomas at this point.  :D

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#29 : March 30, 2007, 09:14:33 AM

im gonna go with the conspiracy that gruden called him and told MT to relax.  start working out after we draft you. 

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Marcus Thomas's Pro Day « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools