Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Marcus Thomas's Pro Day « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

gone

Hall of Famer
#30 : March 30, 2007, 10:17:22 AM

Very disappointing.  I'd still take a shot in the 5th/6th though. 

acacius

Hall of Famer

#31 : March 30, 2007, 10:19:15 AM

The guy was projected to be a top ten pick six months ago.

Where?  Please show me one legit source from six months ago that had him as a top 10 pick.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#32 : March 30, 2007, 10:39:41 AM

Where?  Please show me one legit source from six months ago that had him as a top 10 pick.
When he was booted from the team that speculation was made by several sources. I am just repeating what I remember being said at the time. If it is so important to you, YOU look it up. I don't do research to prove anything to anybody. I know what I heard. Feel free to disagree. To me , he's worth the risk of a 5th round pick.

acacius

Hall of Famer

#33 : March 30, 2007, 10:48:02 AM

Where? Please show me one legit source from six months ago that had him as a top 10 pick.
When he was booted from the team that speculation was made by several sources. I am just repeating what I remember being said at the time. If it is so important to you, YOU look it up. I don't do research to prove anything to anybody. I know what I heard. Feel free to disagree. To me , he's worth the risk of a 5th round pick.

Hey, you were the one making the statement.  Not me.  You 're too lazy to provide a source?  Fair enough, it's a worthless statement.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#34 : March 30, 2007, 10:48:33 AM

Sounds like "Scoop" is growing on MT

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer

#35 : March 30, 2007, 11:20:27 AM

Wow - that is just pathetic. He's clearly got the talent, but that performance is going to scare the hell out of people. I'm not sure about 7th round, but he'll be second day for sure and definitely late at that.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#36 : March 30, 2007, 11:25:12 AM

Where? Please show me one legit source from six months ago that had him as a top 10 pick.

Hey, you were the one making the statement.  Not me.  You 're too lazy to provide a source?  Fair enough, it's a worthless statement.
When people here repeat what they heard someone say during a game or on some some talk show, as I did on several occasions, people usually accept that information as the truth. I am not his agent. There is no benefit to me whatsoever to lie about this. If I knew the location of a printed statement to verify what I heard, I would relay that information to you out of common courtesy. I don't, and I won't make any attempt. Most of what is written here is just opinion, and mine is worth just as much as yours. You might make note that the opinions of the "professionals" are very often wrong. Ryan Leaf was drafted #2. Bart Starr lasted til the 17th round. We all know who won two SBs. The people I heard are paid for their knowledge of football. So were the people who chose Leaf and passed on Starr.

#37 : March 30, 2007, 11:33:46 AM

Sounds like "Scoop" is growing on MT

Its safe to safe "scoop" has turned into "ladle"

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#38 : March 30, 2007, 11:33:52 AM

Top 10 pick? Well let's see, he was a pretty prospect than Aombi Okoye is right now. I don't think anyone doutbs that unless you are really high on the "19 year old" part of Okoye's game. Okoye is projected in the 8-13 range so Thomas in the top 10 isn't some wild a$$ guess.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

MBF

Hall of Famer

#39 : March 30, 2007, 11:35:04 AM

Give me Mebane, Harrell, Brown, or anyone over him at this point...

#40 : March 30, 2007, 11:38:13 AM

Top 10 pick? Well let's see, he was a pretty prospect than Aombi Okoye is right now. I don't think anyone doutbs that unless you are really high on the "19 year old" part of Okoye's game. Okoye is projected in the 8-13 range so Thomas in the top 10 isn't some wild a$$ guess.

Right now Marcus Thomas is reminding me of a Demarcus " Tank" Tyler but with issues attached

He has the skills and in my mind put into a system like Monte's in a training camp like the Buc's have he will get into shape and come around

I still say 4-5 if he is there we take the gamble

However if we do we need to make DAMN sure he is in some offseason conditioning program...and is paired up with some high character guys..like a Brooks/Barber/Clayton

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#41 : March 30, 2007, 11:39:44 AM

I hear what you are saying but isn't this sort of heading down the Anthony Bryant path? Bryant the football plyer might have been good but Bryant the person couldn't do it? Is Thomas the same sort of tease now?

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

#42 : March 30, 2007, 11:44:23 AM

I hear what you are saying but isn't this sort of heading down the Anthony Bryant path? Bryant the football plyer might have been good but Bryant the person couldn't do it? Is Thomas the same sort of tease now?

Marcus Thomas has better skills than Bryant and in his prime could run circles aroung "The Bear"...Also Marcus has experienced the Tropical Florida heat in training camp as he played at UF for 4 years...

Its going to be interesting to see what comes out of the workout in terms of analysis...and if the hip and strain has caused him to not be able to condition himself properly

No excuse for 314 lbs and if I sat with him and talked to him personally he probably would agree....Maybe the slide he will experience will wake this kid up and get his butt in gear

Pulling Guard

Second String

#43 : March 30, 2007, 11:50:54 AM

I get what you're saying, but I saw Marcus make more plays in college than Bryant made. Tons more. Thomas is a lot more athletic than Bryant.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#44 : March 30, 2007, 11:52:23 AM

Obviously Thomas is a far better raw talent than Bryant but Bryant was a R2-R3 type football player but an Arena League type person.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Marcus Thomas's Pro Day « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools