Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Not another mock draft « previous next »
Page: 1

MBF

Hall of Famer

: March 30, 2007, 12:13:15 PM

Round 1: WR Calvin Johson, Georgia Tech- A no-brainer pick.
Round 2a: DE Jarvis Moss, Florida- The team needs some young d-lineman and adding a good pass rusher to a depleted unit sounds like a good idea. Moss may not be here but DE should be the pick regardless.
Round 2b: CB Marcus McCauley, Fresno State- McCauley looked like a promising player and I was very high on him at the begininng of the college season but the real Marcus McCauley did not show up, as he got burned once too many times. Still, he is a very good prospect and with great measurables (6-1, 4.3 speed), and has been regarded as a top flight cover corner that does well in zone or man to man.
Round 3: S Aaron Rouse, Virginia Tech- The team continues to shore up the defense by adding another young gun to the secondary. The team loved Rouse at the Senior Bowl, and he could add that fiery personality to the D that was so sorely lacking last season.
Round 4: DT Brandon Mebane, California- I believe the team would be thrilled to see Mebane sitting there when they're on the clock in R4. He's a good pass rushing DT, something the Bucs could use. The hard working, less flashy Mebane would also be a good fit in the cover 2.
Round 5: FB Le'Ron McClain, Alabama- Eat your hearts out, Alstott fans. McClain is a great blocking fullback that would be a huge benefit to Cadillac, who is also a decent short yardage/receiver out of the backfield.
Round 7: WR Chris Davis, Florida State- The Bucs' infamous streak of never having returned a kick-off for a TD is still fresh in the minds of Gruden and Allen, and drafting a returner like Davis might put that streak to an end. Davis might develop into a decent WR but his bread and butter is kick returns.
Round 7: OLB Stephen Nicolas, South Florida- A hard working, productive OLB to bring in to camp to develop. He might become a decent LB'er over time.
Round 7: DE Mkristo Bruce, Washington St.- Bruce was a great pass rusher in college, but to his lack of upside he might drop come draft day. Another guy to develop.

Rate/hate/appreciate

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#1 : March 30, 2007, 12:14:57 PM

I like it. Thanks.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

bucs1

Practice Squad
#2 : March 30, 2007, 12:19:13 PM

I like it.  I have no problems with that mock draft.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Not another mock draft « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools