Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: can this D keep the streak alive? « previous next »
Page: 1

Pick6

Hall of Famer
: October 23, 2006, 07:34:18 PM

in the postseason, their net points allowed was below 5 per game.  in the superbowl the D scored 18 points (excluding PATs on their scores) and allowed 15.  they allowed 16 points total to the niners and eagles, totalling 13 net points all postseason.

BUKANEER

Rookie

#1 : October 23, 2006, 07:15:38 PM

And yet when great defenses are discussed on SNF, ESPN, etc. we get NO respect! Ravens 2000, 1985 Bears, yada, yada, yada,....no Bucs! [banghead]
Am I correct in thinking the Bucs' D of 2002 scored more points than they allowed (that is before my time of watching the NFl, and no, I did not start supporting the Bucs straight after their SB win :P)? If so, it's ludicrous how they cannot be mentioned amongst those other great defensive units.

Pick6

Hall of Famer
#2 : October 23, 2006, 06:09:40 PM

the bucs are on the verge of setting a new standard for defensive consistency.  if they finish this season as a top 10 unit, i believe they will set a new record for consecutive years as a top 10 defense. i don't think anybody will take us seriously in a discussion of all-time great sustained defenses before we add that line to our resume

after the falcons game, we were way behind the 8 ball, and giving up 500 yards to the eagles should really put a hurt on our defensive rankings going into week 8.

with 10 games left, can this unit limp its way back into the top 10? it's tough sledding, but there are some mitigating circumstances - the rash of cold games late should stymie offensive production for opponents, and the redskins could be demoralized and starting an inexperienced jason campbell.  the rest of the games could really go either way the way our defense has been playing.

so can we keep the streak alive and become the sole holders of the record? i feel good about what this defense can do in 2007 after reloading under monte with a decent draft & FA haul and the new position coaches asserting themselves a little more, but 2006 has me worrying about the streak.

rocko23

Hall of Famer
#3 : October 23, 2006, 06:11:48 PM

wont happen the way these guys tackle, please are you kidding

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#4 : October 23, 2006, 06:16:07 PM

The Bucs are currently ranked 27th in the league in defense. They play the league's 2nd best offense this week. Coming later they play Atlanta, NO, Dallas, Pittsburgh, all ranked in the top 10 offenses in the league.

ToddyBuc

Hall of Famer

#5 : October 23, 2006, 06:17:18 PM

The streak might just end this year.. But what an impressive streak none the less... Props to Kiffin for the 9 straight years and being number 1-------- 3 times..

Bucs-Lightning already World Champions. Rays Next!!!

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#6 : October 23, 2006, 06:37:03 PM

And yet when great defenses are discussed on SNF, ESPN, etc. we get NO respect! Ravens 2000, 1985 Bears, yada, yada, yada,....no Bucs! [banghead]

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#7 : October 24, 2006, 01:15:01 AM

The Bucs gave up over 500 yards of offense Sunday.  Not good.

We can all kiss Rondes butt for the W.

From here on out, anyone who disses Ronde will be considered a giant moron for the remainder of their stay here at PR.Com.

rocketspeed

Practice Squad

#8 : October 24, 2006, 05:18:46 AM

We saw Ronde step it up, who will this Sunday? Here's to hoping we see the Double Nickel make some turnover magic this coming Sunday.

DBrooksIsMyDaddy

Pro Bowler

#9 : October 24, 2006, 06:33:45 AM

I don't care about records or media love as long as we get the W.

Garv

Hall of Famer
#10 : October 24, 2006, 07:35:54 AM

Streak's probably over, but we can still get some more wins with it.
Lots of work on the D coming this winter to a theater near you!

We are all here because we are NOT all there.....
As always, GO BUCS!!!
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: can this D keep the streak alive? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools