Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Galloway disappointed in the crowd Sunday « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

: October 23, 2006, 06:17:57 PM

Galloway just commented on his radio show that he was disappointed in how many Eagle fans were at the game.  He said it was the first time since he's been a Buc where you couldn't tell which team was doing well by listening to the crowd noise.    I'm glad guys like Galloway are calling a spade a spade.   Alot of our fans abandoned the team after the bad start.

It's sad that so many jumped off the bandwagon so early and sold their tickets to Eagle fans.   (There were ALOT of Eagle fans at that game, they were not buying all their tickets through the Bucs or brokers.)     I do think the bandwagon will load back up now though after that win.   I just hope not too many Buc fans with season tickets haven't already sold their entire season after the bad start.    It's a shame more Buc fans couldn't experience that great win this Sunday.  But the ones who were there did stay till the end and it was a very special game.  It was also great to rub it into the Eagle fans after that heartbreaking defeat they suffered since they had been so rude all day.  LOL!

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#1 : October 23, 2006, 06:19:35 PM

I'll respectfully disagree with Galloway. The Bengals fans were more noisy the weekend before.

buckit

Hall of Famer

#2 : October 23, 2006, 06:21:40 PM

Anyone that sold their tickets to an Iggle fan ought to give up their season tix.  There is a waiting list for REAL fans... JMO.

Dear Glazers,

Please sell the team to Eddie DeBartolo.

Thank you,
--the fans

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#3 : October 23, 2006, 06:22:38 PM

I'll respectfully disagree with Galloway. The Bengals fans were more noisy the weekend before.

I attended both games.  I didn't think the Bengals fans even came close to making the noise the Eagles fans did Sunday.   That "DEFENSE - DEFENSE" chant the Eagle fans had going on our last drive was really loud.   The thing about the Eagles game was that we were leading by alot all game.   The Bengals game, we were not.   Had the Eagles been leading all game, I think it would have been much louder than it was.

gharen

Pro Bowler

#4 : October 23, 2006, 06:32:26 PM

That's BS! So called fans selling their tickets to Eagles or any other team fans. Could you imagine that happening in Pittsburgh? Exactly, it wouldn't!

#5 : October 23, 2006, 06:38:50 PM

Sorry but I gotta agree that the Bungle fans were more vocal....and from where I was, they were more assenine than Eagle fan as well.

You gotta remember, up north when it gets cold, they have nothing better to do than visit beautiful, sunny, warm Florida. 

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#6 : October 23, 2006, 06:45:12 PM

I think maybe in your particular section the Bengal fans may have been louder.   I will say the Bengal fans were loud.    (Especially that one drunk idiot who I posted pictures of last week.  LOL)    But I don't recall any point in that Bengal game where they took over the stadium and had a chant like "DEFENSE - DEFENSE" resonating throughout.   

ToddyBuc

Hall of Famer

#7 : October 23, 2006, 06:52:00 PM

Like I said most of these cats live in the Tampa Bay area, they have no chance to see them in Philly. so they'll pay double the face value..

Sidebar Why doesn't Galloway make a catch again, and score so we wont have to here the damn Eagirl fans..

Bucs-Lightning already World Champions. Rays Next!!!

moose40

Hall of Famer
#8 : October 23, 2006, 06:57:46 PM

Like I said most of these cats live in the Tampa Bay area, they have no chance to see them in Philly. so they'll pay double the face value..

Sidebar Why doesn't Galloway make a catch again, and score so we wont have to here the damn Eagirl fans..

Kinda hard to catch when the ball is overthrown by 10 yards. Gradkowski isn't able to put a deep ball on the money.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#9 : October 23, 2006, 06:58:20 PM

I'm actually thinking Galloway's career may be over.   Gradkowski can't throw the deep ball.    I don't see Galloway doing much now that Grads is the starter.   Clayton will likely be the man from now on unless Grads learns how to throw a deep pass to a wide open Galloway.

BUKANEER

Rookie

#10 : October 23, 2006, 07:01:50 PM

I'd love to go watch a Bucs game and would love it if we had no wins or had won every game. People take things for granted too much for my liking. :(

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#11 : October 23, 2006, 08:38:07 PM

you can't put it all on Grads.  Just look at highlights of this weeks games across the NFL.  Many passes looked just like it, but the WR's make great adjustments.  hint hint Galloway.  I'm not putting it all on Galloway either, but Gall has to start making a bit more effort.   Many times Gall just looks a bit uninterested when passes aren't put right in the money basket.

Cheers

Pro Bowler

#12 : October 23, 2006, 09:20:59 PM

They have been selling tickets on the bucs site since the Bucs started this season. I don't know how you can stop it...but I wish it would stop.

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#13 : October 23, 2006, 09:26:49 PM

That's BS! So called fans selling their tickets to Eagles or any other team fans. Could you imagine that happening in Pittsburgh? Exactly, it wouldn't!
Thats because nobody wants to go to Pittsburg.  Lets face it Tampa is a great place to go for a road trip so every time we play a northern team there will be people coming down. And people in Tampa have bills to pay.  I'm not saying its right, but its mainly because we are a tourist destination.

If hoards of Bucs fans descended on Pittsburg when they were 1-4 I imagine  they would be able to scalp some tickets.  There's a little known trick for scalping those tickets.  Don't wear your visiting jersey when you are buying the tickets. Scalpers have a "Don't ask don't tell" policy.

BUCarino

Pro Bowler

#14 : October 23, 2006, 09:49:40 PM

I have to also disagree with Galloway.  Yes, there were a lot of Eagle's fans, but I didn't think they were that noisy and the Buc's fans did a great job of making noise.

I also thought there were just as many Bengals fans if not more the week before.  It's not a case of ST holders selling their tickets as much as it's the ticket brokers and travel agencies who buy up season tickets also just to sell their packages, also the NFL mandates that 5,000 tickets are made available to opposing fans.

"Life's too short not to live in caution,
But life's too long not to live at all!"
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Galloway disappointed in the crowd Sunday « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools